Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The problem with dumb dumbs like Chris and Mist is if the wage gap bullshit was true every company would hire only females and instantly save 20% on their labor costs.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The problem with dumb dumbs like Chris and Mist is if the wage gap bullshit was true every company would hire only females and instantly save 20% on their labor costs.
Plenty of companies willing to pay a 20% premium to NOT see their business driven into a ditch and set on fire.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's not what I said at all.

What I said was that they're fucking stupid to lowball someone when they're already under scrutiny, when the hire is ostensibly to fix the thing they're under scrutiny for.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

What I said was that they're fucking stupid to lowball someone when they're already under scrutiny, when the hire is ostensibly to fix the thing they're under scrutiny for.

If thats your position then I apologize eeyore. You are correct so only Chris is the dumb dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If thats your position then I apologize eeyore. You are correct so only Chris is the dumb dumb.
Mist Mist is absolutely right that Blizzard went about "fixing" this problem in the absolute worst way imaginable.

I still contend that Blizzard was complete idiots for even thinking there WAS a problem that needed fixing in this way.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Mist Mist is absolutely right that Blizzard went about "fixing" this problem in the absolute worst way imaginable.

I still contend that Blizzard was complete idiots for even thinking there WAS a problem that needed fixing in this way.

Well yeah, If you want to run a functional company you should fire at the first sighting of any pronoun person.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

How do you know it was a lowball offer though? Maybe, just maybe she accepted because they put an offer in front of her that was fucking 1.5x, 2x or 3x what she had ever earned before. Then, she finds out that her peer is making more than her and she knows that if she makes noise that she can get more money. This happens every day, at every level, in every company because HR tries to lowball EVERYONE. However, in this particular climate, she knew that if she threw a public fit that she would have a ton of people come to her defense because she is a woman. If they were the same gender and color then people would dig one fucking iota deeper to see the career paths of each one and make a rational decision on whether or not a corporation based out of California in a creative industry hated women enough to pay them less just because.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Did you miss the part about the multiple state and federal lawsuits?

There's a lot of shit you just can't expect to get away with as a California company, even if you have a huge halo brand image.

If they wanted to act like this they should have moved to Texas a long time ago.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

There's a lot of shit you just can't expect to get away with as a California company, even if you have a huge halo brand image.

If they wanted to act like this they should have moved to Texas a long time ago.

So now a lawsuit guarantees wrongdoing also? Maybe Kaines Kaines is right and there is nothing and these are all frivolous or brought on by outside pressure. That is for the courts to decide (or in this case Activision's attorneys to decide how much money they should throw at them to make it go away in a settlement).

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How do you know it was a lowball offer though? Maybe, just maybe she accepted because they put an offer in front of her that was fucking 1.5x, 2x or 3x what she had ever earned before. Then, she finds out that her peer is making more than her and she knows that if she makes noise that she can get more money. This happens every day, at every level, in every company because HR tries to lowball EVERYONE. However, in this particular climate, she knew that if she threw a public fit that she would have a ton of people come to her defense because she is a woman. If they were the same gender and color then people would dig one fucking iota deeper to see the career paths of each one and make a rational decision on whether or not a corporation based out of California in a creative industry hated women enough to pay them less just because.
You're under investigation for pay equity problems, along with sexual harassment, and other concerns like chronic culture of sweeping things under the rug.

You counteract by hiring two new co-presidents, one male and one female, and then you don't pay them the same.

That's the fucking definition of an unforced error, just stop.

• 2Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Act like what, a normal fucking company?

It's amazing how many of you guys are supporting what is basically extortion, pay me or I will lie and ruin the company image that I was promoted for, yet somehow Bobby is the bad one here?

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You're under investigation for pay equity problems, along with sexual harassment, and other concerns like chronic culture of sweeping things under the rug.

You counteract by hiring two new co-presidents, one male and one female, and then you don't pay them the same.

That's the fucking definition of an unforced error, just stop.

NO. Show me where she deserved as much. Not tweets, not feelings, facts. Show me that they had the exact same track records on the same size projects that brought in the same gross margins. Show me that they had the same level of experience over the same amount of time. Then show me the contracts where the expectations and metrics are the exact same and then I will concede that there was pay inequity. That is not how any company works and to think that they would change those processes up (ESPECIALLY in the face of a lawsuit that alleges misconduct in that exact area) is fucking asinine.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
NO. Show me where she deserved as much. Not tweets, not feelings, facts. Show me that they had the exact same track records on the same size projects that brought in the same gross margins. Show me that they had the same level of experience over the same amount of time. Then show me the contracts where the expectations and metrics are the exact same and then I will concede that there was pay inequity. That is not how any company works and to think that they would change those processes up (ESPECIALLY in the face of a lawsuit that alleges misconduct in that exact area) is fucking asinine.
Fact: one of them is a fucking idiot who sells key boosts and tweets proudly about it, despite knowing its an incredible disruptive and divisive topic in the community of the game he's supposed to be fixing.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

To be fair, she's not getting hired for that position based on previous qualifications, old projects, seniority, etc. Her position is to try to soften a PR disaster. You bet your fucking ass if someone's hiring me for my chromosome as a means to try and save some face for the company, I'm asking for a much damn money as I can get. Fuck my qualifications. How much is the brand name worth?

• 9Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Your employer wants to pay the least they possibly can for your services. You want to get the most you possibly can for your services.

This is how employment works (if you're not the government).

• 3Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Lawsuits alone weren't reason to fix a problem in the way that Blizzard attempted to fix it with a diversity hire. Pay gap lawsuits are routinely either settled or lost by the employee because very large companies simply do NOT have gender-based criteria in their pay scales. They are based on position, experience, seniority in the company, merit, credentials, etc. And that is why the large majority of pay-gap lawsuits don't even see the inside of a court room. Because the merits of the case simply aren't there for the employee and the company doesn't want to spend the money required to defend their gender-neutral pay scales, when paying off the employee in a settlement is usually far cheaper.

Once again, the way Blizzard handled this was stupid from the get-go. But the fact they even thought THIS problem even needing addressing in this way was even more stupid.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Fact: one of them is a fucking idiot who sells key boosts and tweets proudly about it, despite knowing its an incredible disruptive and divisive topic in the community of the game he's supposed to be fixing.

I'm sure that they know all about his tweets. The assumption is that he brings more value to the company in other ways; enough that they let that stuff slide. That or his contract has some insane buyout clause that protects him. It still does not add up to her deserving as much money as him, especially after she accepted an offer they gave her.

To be fair, she's not getting hired for that position based on previous qualifications, old projects, seniority, etc. Her position is to try to soften a PR disaster. You bet your fucking ass if someone's hiring me for my chromosome as a means to try and save some face for the company, I'm asking for a much damn money as I can get. Fuck my qualifications. How much is the brand name worth?

And you would be right to twist that lever until you get the offer that you want. Exactly like she did. She signed the paperwork that gave her as much as she felt was necessary to be that bulwark. Then she found out he is making more, we don't even know how much more, and decided to be a turncoat. I hope her next employer lowballs her and stands firm because they know that she'll leave at the first sign of adversity.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users