Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Goonsquad Officer
I think it would be very easy to create a satirical pressure group and get a bunch of stuff like that changed.
We are well past the parody inversion point. Reality is ridiculous and proposing Normal things is greeted with skepticism

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
For all the people thinking Blizzard will shut down boosting anytime soon:

Meanwhile, in the other game: "We're aware, and changing to the ToS to shut down any loopholes"

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
When even the Chicoms are turning their backs on your game, you know it's over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yea. Chinese liking a ... Japanese game?
Chinese will play anything. The real meat of the story is how even on one of the largest Chinese WoW fan sites, FFXIV is more popular than WoW at the moment. And how Chinese gamer media is running stories about the ascent of FFXIV over WoW. Blizzard has completely lost the narrative when it comes to the king of MMOs.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chinese will play anything. The real meat of the story is how even on one of the largest Chinese WoW fan sites, FFXIV is more popular than WoW at the moment. And how Chinese gamer media is running stories about the ascent of FFXIV over WoW. Blizzard has completely lost the narrative when it comes to the king of MMOs.
It's worse than that I think.

Sure FF14 has captured the hype as the "best" MMO amoungst the MMO community, but I don't think that being in the MMO community is necessarily the main way in which these games capture new players.

I played FF11 because I played FF6-10, this was my first MMO experience.

I played WoW because I played Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. I may not have played an MMO again if FF11 was representative of what to expect, I didn't like it.

So what is funneling people into FF14? Square Enix are a huge company with regular game releases, FF13 and 15 were not amazing and the franchise had been in dangerous waters, but the FF1-12 remasters are all fine games and the FF14 remake and quality since saved the franchise.

What is funneling people into WoW? Hearthstone? Blizzard don't make many games and it's been misses and drama for a long time, the Warcraft 3 Remaster flopped and the Diablo 2 Remaster is in trouble.

Blizzard have burned EVERY bridge.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What is funneling people into WoW? Hearthstone? Blizzard don't make many games and it's been misses and drama for a long time, the Warcraft 3 Remaster flopped and the Diablo 2 Remaster is in trouble.

Blizzard have burned EVERY bridge.

Whenever I tune in to a streamer playing Hearthstone : Mercenaries I put quite a lot of thought in to resubbing to WoW in the two or three seconds it takes me to find something else to watch.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Whenever I tune in to a streamer playing Hearthstone : Mercenaries I put quite a lot of thought in to resubbing to WoW in the two or three seconds it takes me to find something else to watch.
Can you explain what mercenaries is? Anything Blizzard has said about it is incomprehensible.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can you explain what mercenaries is? Anything Blizzard has said about it is incomprehensible.

I didn't play the phone games that people say it's like. You um, make a team of six dudes and field three at any one time. Your enemy does the same. You pick an ability to use and a target for that ability and then they all play out in order by their speed (ties are resolved randomly). Dude is reduced to zero health they're knocked out and you replace them for the next round. Winning gets you shards that upgrade the abilities and doing lots and lots of dungeons (a series of battles) eventually gets you items that put a little spin on characters' abilities. Some dudes are free to play, some come from packs and you can "craft" ones you don't have with the same shard currency. Each dude has their own currency. Each dude also has a color (red/green/blue) and there's a rock paper scissors thing where each color has one color it does bonus damage to and one color it takes bonus damage from.

Kripp put like 50 hours in to it over three days grinding up nearly everyone to max level with maxed abilities and the only time it looked fun was the first time a particularly powerful combo came together. He would then go on to do that same thing 100000 times while running the same encounter string over and over to get shards. When he finally was doing battles versus people instead of PvE it looked mediocre at best.

• 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The most redeeming thing about Mercenaries is that even people that play Hearthstone still have standards for wasting their time.

• 3Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Sounds about as much fun as paying someone cash to slam your dick in a car door over and over.
Slamming your dick on a car door is still more fun than dealing with 9.1.5's 'content'

Best part of the Blizzard implosion to me is that it makes me look normal on these forums in comparison to the thought process they have taken.
Absolutely zero people asked them to waste time on 9.1.5's changes. Can't say, even in my worst rages, I'd have done something as blatantly stupid as their current focus.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Boozecube leading a new fresh guild, but alliance this time confirmed.

I would be tempted to but only if we name the guild "Bowls of Fruit" have nothing but female characters and stream ourselves being the most obnoxious misogynistic based and redpilled mother fuckers in the server.

Daily rape and cubicle craw drills and the officers will be the Crosby Crew. If they don't ban us all we didn't play our parts well enough.

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 11 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Betcha Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain becomes Bowling for Fruit in 9.1.5

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I would be tempted to but only if we name the guild "Bowls of Fruit" have nothing but female characters and stream ourselves being the most obnoxious misogynistic based and redpilled mother fuckers in the server.
Your terms are acceptable.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Best part of the Blizzard implosion to me is that it makes me look normal on these forums in comparison to the thought process they have taken.
The censoring of the Maximilian questline in Northshire makes it pretty obvious that they are just searching for problematic words like "damsel", without any understanding of context. No one left at Blizzard seems to be educated enough to understand that Don Quixote is satire.

It makes them look like p-zombies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
No one left at Blizzard seems to be educated enough to understand that Don Quixote is satire.

It makes them look like p-zombies.
For the SJW crowd, there is no such thing as satire.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users