Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Let's compare the resumes of these two people and see who would be making more from a logical perspective of how long they have been in the industry, how long they have been an executive in that industry, and how long they have been an executive at Fortune 50 companies in the industry (since those are the ones that pay executives retarded amounts of money). If you took all the identifying information away from those two resumes then there is one that you would assume is in another stratosphere of the industry as the other and has been there for over a decade; it isn't even close.

The fucking idiot who probably will face no consequences because he is too insulated by insider knowledge

The other fucking idiot who probably will face no consequences for being an idiot because gender

They can probably both afford to retire today and have their great grandkids not have to worry about money, so this is all dick swinging anyways.

ybarra is still a fucking bum

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's a joke, but it's also not the absolute worst idea. They could publicly put out a range instead of the exact amount and I wouldn't be too upset by it. Yes, Fortune 500 companies are going to have an insanely higher range than your local tire shop. Big deal. It still wouldn't fix the issues these mouth-breathing shitlibs are complaining about because no where in their small little brains have they had to deal with multi-billion dollar executive position interviews and salary negotiations. And they never will.
I have never had to negotiate executive level options thankfully. How ever i know my worth and went out and secured a new position and told my new manager last year I want a 25% pay increase or I am leaving for X. (I felt I was paid pretty well already but i have always jad a certain financial goal) Our executive called me 10 minutes later and said I will do everything I can to make you happy. Week later I had my money and a bigger bonus structure.

People dont understand you need to have leverage or worth. They don't just give you more money because you are useful.

Not bad for a schmuck with no degree in a white color job.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Sad, but true.jpg

• 10Worf
  • 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 15 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That's not what I said at all.

What I said was that they're fucking stupid to lowball someone when they're already under scrutiny, when the hire is ostensibly to fix the thing they're under scrutiny for.
You are absolutely right about this. What ever pay she would have wanted was a pittence in comparison. Kotick deserves everything he gets for that stupid decision.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
This is not true in the slightest. Charging people money for your time/energy/use of property even when you don't need it helps everyone else that DOES need money set a value on their own time/energy/property. You are morally obligated to set a fair price for your output even when you do not need the money.

If you don't need the money you should charge MORE, because then you aren't pricing out someone who does.

This is actually a problem in the woodworking community. There are a large number of reasonably talented hobbyists (mostly middle+ class, since equipment is expensive) who sell work to fund their practice. They tend to price near the cost of materials, ignoring their own time, because "they're not a pro". The net effect isthey end up 30-50% below the pros and the pros never get business. Suddenly, it's a lot harder to make a living selling custom furniture.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't care. Either make a good/fun game to get me to play and pay or don't, no skin off my back. Plenty of options out there for me.

Does it suck to see a once good studio slowly dying? Sure, but I can't feel sorry for people who shoot themselves in the foot over and over.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you don't need the money you should charge MORE, because then you aren't pricing out someone who does.

This is actually a problem in the woodworking community. There are a large number of reasonably talented hobbyists (mostly middle+ class, since equipment is expensive) who sell work to fund their practice. They tend to price near the cost of materials, ignoring their own time, because "they're not a pro". The net effect isthey end up 30-50% below the pros and the pros never get business. Suddenly, it's a lot harder to make a living selling custom furniture.
You do realize who you're talking to right? He specialized in game design. When is the last time you saw an in game market worth a fuck?

nu_11

And this is why I know you are a fucking moron when it comes to executive pay at these levels.

The past experiences and credentials are how you get hired. They are NOT how you value your salary in these positions. THAT value is derived from your ability to provide a vision to the company of your leadership ideas and your ability to convince the company of the value of those ideas. It is then incumbant upon YOU to negotiate that vision and value into a compensation package YOU are willing to agree to in order to execute this vision (TM). It has FUCK ALL to do with any past/present/or future hires at that position.

If she actually WAS the Yoshi-P of Blizzard and was capable of completely remaking the company into what it was in the early 2000's, then she would be a fucking IDIOT to try and handcuff her compensation to someone else who held the same position and saw it fail completely. She would use her vision to start the turn around and THEN negotiate for more money after it was evident her ideas were working. THAT is how you actually grow your compensation in the executive world.

SHE was just like you, however. Lazy, irrational, shitlib who wants everything handed to them up-front without having to put in ANY effort to the task at hand. Fuck all of you.
I was both sides'ing this whole discussion tbh

But Kaines Kaines wins this round. Goddamn!

Chris Chris BTFO'd

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
ybarra is still a fucking bum

Are you SURE of this, though? How do you know his gift isn't sweet talking the Activision board into funneling tens of millions of that sweet, sweet Candy Crush money directly into Blizzard's coffers? If that was the only fucking thing he was good at it might still be enough to justify his position.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Kotick is known for his shrewd business acumen.
I mean, he is actually. But when you set out on a plan to "take all the fun out of making video games" you're naturally going to attract SJWs, because SJWs are literally allergic to fun.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Compensation aside, maybe you should know that the quality and pay of a worker in the game industry (outside of executive) isn't how well the game did or how well it was received, but if it shipped and the total amount of games that shipped on their resume.

The More you Know (tm)
Yea. And that's also indicative. By the resume, Jen O'Neal looks like the right person to head a Game Development Company for Activision. Ybarra looks like the right person to head a Live Services Business Unit for Activision.

Guess what are Bobby's priorities for Blizzard?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Activision's profit margin?
But what has he personally done?

Given what happened at Blizzard, corporate oversight, fund allocation or media management clearly isn't a strong point of his. Blizzard run right would be making MUCH more money.

I think most people parachuted into the top of a corporation could exploit the goodwill and talents of others to make a short term profit.