Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
No that was the 7v1 "comp stomps" people did to boost their win #.

That is until my friends and I would join the game and troll it. Not turn on allied victory at the start then start accusing other people of backstabbing. Watch people turn on each other then kill anyone who was left standing. They all got losses.
46211402.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Lost Temple and BGH were the best maps.

I loved Lost Temple as a Terran, because you could fly a command center to the corner cliffs and turtle down and it was almost impossible for enemies to attack unless they went hard guardians/Battlecruisers/Carriers. And even then you could fend them off.

I won quite a few matches where my main base got knocked out early and I focused on ghost+nukes and make battlecruisers. I mostly got ignored in the corner and let the other players murder each other, while I harassed.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No that was the 7v1 "comp stomps" people did to boost their win #.

That is until my friends and I would join the game and troll it. Not turn on allied victory at the start then start accusing other people of backstabbing. Watch people turn on each other then kill anyone who was left standing. They all got losses.
My friends and I loved doing this shit lol. It was fucking priceless everytime.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lost Temple and BGH were the best maps.

I loved Lost Temple as a Terran, because you could fly a command center to the corner cliffs and turtle down and it was almost impossible for enemies to attack unless they went hard guardians/Battlecruisers/Carriers. And even then you could fend them off.

I won quite a few matches where my main base got knocked out early and I focused on ghost+nukes and make battlecruisers. I mostly got ignored in the corner and let the other players murder each other, while I harassed.
This is when you used the Defiler/hydralisk/lurker wombo combo. Most players didn't know what to do about it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My friends and I loved doing this shit lol. It was fucking priceless everytime.

Melee settings map in an "FFA" titled match was another classic. Giving people the ability to ally in a FFA.... what could go wrong?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I always had fun just mass producing photon cannons all over the map, especially in my ally's base to "protect them".

Or mass producing nukes and dropping them on my own base or my ally's.

Super stimming Marines w/ medics was great, backdooring Dark Templars was always fun.

Trolling used to be part of the game and not an abuse of mechanics.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Best was nuking zerg players. If you targeted an overseer, the red dot would be obscured. Most zerg players never accounted for that and would try to find the red dot, not knowing they couldnt see it unless they moved all their overseers. Used to get so many easy kills that way.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
nothing beat the anxiety of the nuke sound effect

when u heard it you knew u had finite time to react. and on a BGH u never knew what the fuck might be going on

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Best was nuking zerg players. If you targeted an overseer, the red dot would be obscured. Most zerg players never accounted for that and would try to find the red dot, not knowing they couldnt see it unless they moved all their overseers. Used to get so many easy kills that way.
Ha, I had forgot how happy I would I get from launching a nuke on an entire pack of Overlords. Would just set off a chain reaction that usually led to the demise of the player. Good times, its just a shame that Blizzard dropped the ball on RTS games.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Remember the infamous hood in the 9.2 patch data? Looks like Blizzard fixed it:

StillKicking.jpg

• 13Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 13 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

lol, trying to find the red dot as zerg sucked.

nothing beat the anxiety of the nuke sound effect

when u heard it you knew u had finite time to react. and on a BGH u never knew what the fuck might be going on

Never enough time.

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

Haven't looked back once. Fuck those china-lovers.
Careful. GabeN will call you an ass and blacklist you.

(It’s true. Steam/Valve is butt buddies with China.)
That some companies configure their matchmaking algos for retention rather than balance isn't surprising I guess but it's a bit disappointing.
This is the other important reason I ditched DOTA 2. The matchmaking system / gameplay rubberbanding is dogshit.

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dota's matchmaking is great now. They have role queue, so you just pick what you want to play and go. You will always have people making new accounts and murdering low level players, but I'm not sure how to avoid that. Maybe if they charged for new account creation it would stem it a bit, but they can't say their game is free anymore. They do make you attach your cell phone to your account now, which I'm not sure how much that helps.

I think the rubberband stuff was bad for a few patches, but it is much more steady these days.

nu_11

Dota's matchmaking is great now. They have role queue, so you just pick what you want to play and go. You will always have people making new accounts and murdering low level players, but I'm not sure how to avoid that. Maybe if they charged for new account creation it would stem it a bit, but they can't say their game is free anymore. They do make you attach your cell phone to your account now, which I'm not sure how much that helps.

I think the rubberband stuff was bad for a few patches, but it is much more steady these days.

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Community council is out.

It's all mazed raiders and pvpers sucking blizzard lady dick: WoW Community Council

If it doesn't have Asmongold on it then they are not serious, they literally can't take any critisism that isn't "tweak this system by 5%".

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Community council is out.

It's all mazed raiders and pvpers sucking blizzard lady dick: WoW Community Council

If it doesn't have Asmongold on it then they are not serious, they literally can't take any critisism that isn't "tweak this system by 5%".
So it’s basically Blizzard’s way of ignoring their customer base even further.

• 1Like