Blizzcon 2014 - Who's going?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i'll be the one on the left, feel free to come up and grab my boob and say TITS OR GTFO
BXWkGqY.jpg
Shoulderpads too sharp. 2/10 would not bang

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'll be at Blizzcon. Also whoever tried to get into my account last night: if there's something you want to know, ask.

Lweniel

Trakanon Raider
My prediction: Bliz announce a new game that used to be Titan, but is so disappointing for Titan that they had to officially "cancel" Titan so that you wouldn't think it was Titan

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Usually go most years, as it's a fun time for a few friends to meet up and nerd out all weekend, but I can't this year. New baby in the house. Thinking about ordering the web stream, but wouldn't have time to watch that either, so I'll probably see about torrenting the different panels, and just watch it when I have time.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think I would like to attend but I'm sure as hell not flying halfway around the world to look at sweaty nerds.

Is body odor as big a problem at blizzcon as it is on other conventions / lan events etc?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Is body odor as big a problem at blizzcon as it is on other conventions / lan events etc?
It's not for me, but I have the useful genetic variant that makes me immune to acidity in sweat.

Meaning that, for me, body odor is... just an odor. Barely noticeable. For years, I couldn't understand why my mother was mad as hell every time she came into my room, or insisted to open wide every single window even in winter all the time. Then, 30 years later, I used 23andme to see what genetic assays were about, and discovered why.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Blizzcon is not remotely as bad as most, the size of the convention center is pretty good and the AC remains pretty cranked. I don't doubt that if you find the crowdiest places it's pretty rank but just watching panels and shit you're fine.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I tried to buy tickets (like last year) but failed again. Why the f they insist staying in that Anaheim centre is beyond me.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tried to buy tickets (like last year) but failed again. Why the f they insist staying in that Anaheim centre is beyond me.
There are always people selling tickets actually at the Con, and usually for face value or less. Lot of times, you can get a ticket pretty cheap if you are willing to give up the goodie bag that comes with it.

Sad I'm not going this year, but have a 2 month old new baby girl, and just moved to a new state. So money is tight, and the job search is more important.
smile.png
Some of the stuff I've seen though looks pretty cool. The panels look great!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Speculation is now going rampant about The Eye of Azshara trademark just filed as usual with the smallest lead time for leaks before official announce.

While a lot of people associate it with Hearthstone and the goblin theme already teased for their expansion, there's of course some that expect it to be WoW-related.

My own theory is that, of course, it's both, with Hearthstone teasing the WoW expansion instead of lagging behind. Well, we'll now on Friday.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If I was in charge, I'd rather tease the next expac at the beginning of 2015 than step on my own toes by revealing it before WoD even drops.

Carl_sl

shitlord
If I was in charge, I'd rather tease the next expac at the beginning of 2015 than step on my own toes by revealing it before WoD even drops.
If you were in charge we probably wouldn't have raided the same set of bosses for a year and a half.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am only going on Friday if someone wants my badge for Saturday let me know, we will have to meet Friday because I don't want to drive up a second time.