Blood Bowl 2

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is something to be said for the more sporting nature of the table top community, too. Less murderball, more roster building, and people are civil. Every online league I have ever attempted has instantly degenerated into XP farms and murderball in under a season. The RR League was as close to replicating the civility of table top game as I ever saw.

Having said that, I won't trade all the team options for this, at least not right out of the gate. If I can't play my Zons, Ogres, and Nurgle teams, they can suck one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cyanide = garbage. And I'm leaning towards finally admitting the same thing about Games Workshop too. Anyone who buys this game is a filthy stinking communist.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Unfortunately, if I want to play in good online leagues I'll probably have to make the switch eventually. I'm just going to try to hold out as long as possible until they fix the initial bugs and I can get it at a discount.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sept 22nd! Preorder now and get into beta AKA release because nothing will change for months if not years if ever.
From the steam boards:

Problems Presently with Blood Bowl II
Here is a list of problems so far with Blood Bowl II, as of the preorder beta going live.

These issues are primarily in regards to the PC version, though some may exist in the PS4/Xbox One. Issues below will be crossed off should they ever be resolved.

This list will try to stay as objective as possible

1. The number of graphics options available for the player to change in-game is appalling.

2. No in-game lobby to properly communicate with who you want to play a game with.

3. When joining a league, no way to tell what settings are in place.

4. The end turn button in the bottom right corner of the screen is too easy to misclick.

5. No change in a positional's visual appearance as they level up.

6. No ability to see the field squares at all times (G key in Blood Bowl)

7. No ability to see your/opponent's/all player names

8. Individual player running animations during formation setup cannot be disabled and waste considerable amounts of time.

9. No option to reduce the number of slow-motion Block animations to KOs/Stuns/Casualties only.

10. A one-line dice log with no ability to look at past rolls.

11. Game is locked to 60 FPS with no ability to change it, even through config.xml

12. In-game resolution and borderless window options do not exist in-game or in config.xml

13. No ability to rebind keys or controller inputs for any action.

14. Numerous skills such as Dodge and Block are permanently on and give the player no option to disable them for certain scenarios of play.

15. Subtitles for Bob Biford and Jim Johnson's commentary cannot be disabled in-game or via the .xml files, even if you mute the commentators volume.

16. English subtitles do not always match Bob and Jim's English voice over lines.

17. No ability to review/import/export replay files for analysis or offline viewing.

18. No ability to resume from replay/reconnect after three minutes of a disconnect.

19. No ability during a match to see what the active weather condition on the field means for the dice rolls/actions of play.

20. No ability to see your opponent's or your own team roster before purchasing inducements.

This list will be updated as more issues with the game are discovered.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I love BB, and play the tabletop, but BB2 looks like they dropped the ball. Not gonna buy for me.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
These issues are primarily in regards to the PC version, though some may exist in...
Well shit... had some steam credit for games I returned last week and was thinking of picking this up. Was a toss up between this andMordheim. Mordheim is too bare bones still to pick it up.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Still going to buy it soon despite any issues it is blood bowl
smile.png

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Huge step back from previous games.

Even for early access it seems early .. the lack of options make it feel like a leaked alpha. Too bad.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is something to be said for the more sporting nature of the table top community, too. Less murderball, more roster building, and people are civil. Every online league I have ever attempted has instantly degenerated into XP farms and murderball in under a season. The RR League was as close to replicating the civility of table top game as I ever saw.

Having said that, I won't trade all the team options for this, at least not right out of the gate. If I can't play my Zons, Ogres, and Nurgle teams, they can suck one.
I can see that as an issue for sure but playing some games this weekend in the blood bowl 2 beta I have to say I was pretty pleasantly surprised had good opponents of similar skill level and had some good fun chatting back and forth. The match making system seems a lot better than what I recall it being although I did not play the chaos edition. It also seems to give a lot more good information about percentages dodging in and out of stuff and pass/catch data in an easier to find way which is very nice.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Touchdown - 3 xp
Cause Casualty - 2 xp
Successful pass - 1 xp
One thing to note a hand off is not considered a successful pass I thought it was in earlier editions but in playing last night they don't count which makes sense but still something to note.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
BB1 was so half-assed and shoddy that the only way I could imagine myself playing BB2 was if I got it for free, and even then I wouldn't be terribly enthused.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
A handoff shouldn't get points...if it ever did, it was a bug.

The admin of the league I was in last season is pushing hard for people to get BB2, but there's no way I am getting it at anywhere near full price with that list of bugs. I don't know why he insists on upgrading immediately instead of letting people stay in BB1 for another season, but I guess we'll soon see if I'm the only stick-in-the-mud or not.

I'm rooting for them to put out a great blood bowl game, but I'm not going to support a step backwards just because it has the name attached to it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
One thing to note a hand off is not considered a successful pass I thought it was in earlier editions but in playing last night they don't count which makes sense but still something to note.
Nope. It only counts as a pass if you actually have to make a successful pass check. You can manually force a pass even when you're in handoff range, but if you botch the roll your pass scatters like normal.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
Match making is frustrating. Constantly going against people with rating 100's of points above my own. Until 5 or 6 games in I matched against someone with level 3 and 4 players vs my fresh level 2 players. I lost 3 orcs in the first turn. A death, a stat loss, and one out for the next game. This is in the open league with 8? thousand registered players. I would rather wait a minute or two to find someone my own rating then what it currently is set up as.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Between the half assed piss poor single player AI, the bugs, and the fact that they decided to make up their own shitty team instead of implementing the other missing teams or the missing star players that are pretty crucial to balanced league play, Cyanide can go fucking rot for all I care.
I could look past the flaws in the original game, but I'd expect improvements in the second game. And so far from everything I've read, they've made as many steps backwards as forwards (if not more).

At best, this will go on my list for the Christmas Steam sale, if it goes for cheap one day. Kinda like I'll do with Wasteland 2, if that one is also as lackluster and disappointing as I've been reading.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
BB1 was so half-assed and shoddy that the only way I could imagine myself playing BB2 was if I got it for free, and even then I wouldn't be terribly enthused.
Genuinely curious, why did you play it for 300 hours? I see this kind of thing on Steam reviews a lot where someone trashes the game but has a lot of time in. Was it liking the core game idea and hoping they'd eventually fix things or what?

Right now, there's some guy who gave the game a negative review which was pretty harsh (not trolling) and he has 2k hours in. I don't get that.