Blood Bowl, Season 3.5 AKA Summer Fresh Team Tournament

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
League has 13 in and it's set for a max of 16 right now. There's 18 apps via this poll, I know Waxed was late to the party, dunno who the other one was.

18 doesn't work, but 20 does if we get a couple extra.

I will say this though, I made this tourney so that people with busier schedules can drop out and have the summer off to sort their shit out. I don't want to be adminning games every week. Get on this shit early in the week and get your matches scheduled. There's a lot of people getting kinda tired of this "I can play at 2am Tuesday" kinda shit that's been going on lately, and that's what this was designed to avoid. If you don't have the flexibility to play, don't play in this tourney. If you do, make sure you're scheduling games before Friday so that there's not any of this last minute shit going on like there is now.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
WW can take my spot, gonna skip this. I am a 2am type. Cutlery just boot me out plz

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
yeah I barely made my last game, I want to play but not working out so well. Count me out but leave me admin, still in irc most of the time to validate.

If it makes or breaks the league I will step up and figure something out.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I sorted out the summer league to have as balanced of divisions as possible in terms of ball handling vs bash. Division 2 is the only weak spot, with 3 agility teams, and that's counterbalanced by the strongest anti agility team out there, dwarves. I apologize to the couple of people who weren't able to fit, but it's a shitload easier to manage if I get an even multiple of 4. Having a waiting list for the league is never a bad thing either, because there's always going to be drops. FYI, I have a spot in stunty if anyone wants.

rrr_img_34452.jpg

Season will be double round robin. 6 games will be played, followed by a 4 day playoff with all 16 teams. So everyone in here is guaranteed 7 games with their new team, and you'll be able to slot this team in for Season 4 of the main league if you so desire. Here's the first 2 match days. Being that this is a holiday week, and it's already past wednesday, plan on this day ending on or before July 17th. Season will run for 10 weeks after that, which puts Season 4 start date for the main league at or about September 18th, depending on how fast these weeks go and how fast the playoffs happen. Obviously playoffs should go quicker when there's only 1/2/4 games to be played in a week instead of 8.

rrr_img_34459.jpg

Finally, new rule for this tournament, and the main league in season 4.

If you make no attempt to schedule your game time before Friday at Midnight, you forfeit the right to have your game admin'd as a draw if it is not played.

This is a result of a little bit of mumbling and grumbling about the last minute games that are being played at odd fucking hours on Monday and Tuesday after I post the 48 hour warnings. Basically, just put in some effort early in the game week to get your game scheduled so we don't have shit like one guy only being able to play at 2am and the other guy having to get up early for work. There's 168 hours in the week, everyone can find some overlap time if you've got enough notice. Also, I don't want it to become an exploitable thing where you could go "Boy, that guy has a brutal team, maybe I'll just lay low and get a draw admin'd rather than get my team murdered." If you're having trouble getting ahold of your opponent and the weekend has already arrived, let me know, and if the game doesn't get played, it's gonna count as a forfeit instead.

Admins are myself, Adam12 and Gavinrad for the time being. I'm gonna probably need another one. Job requirements - be in IRC fairly often to reset games for people. Not trying to make this clique-y or anything, but you do kinda gotta be available to reset games to be any use at all. Validating is just done the next morning a lot of times.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
I can help out if you need another dude, I'll idle in IRC instead of logging off immediately.

Servers are down tonight (and were last Sunday apparently) so let's hope they get fixed before the weekend.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I'll be happy to admin if you need one. I'm online in IRC until midnight-ish half the week or more.
Looks like you vs me again hater.... and you are still playing elves and I am still playing a Chaos variant :p I know we have till the 17th but I am good any time after 8 EST that isn't this Saturday (6th) or Monday the 15th (my birthday).

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Funkor, ZP, and Skie added to admin list for summer league and stunty.

Check your PM's guys.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Fuck this place, I'm done.

Not gonna deal with people getting fucking RRP'd for stupid shit and then having to deal with the fact that they can't post in threads while I'm running this fucking league.

Adam and Sean can run their own fucking league if that's the shit they wanna pull.

It was mostly a good 10 years, but the last year or so has been complete dog shit, and I no longer feel the need to put up with it.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
You're acting like a fucking child. Here's the IRC conversation, in its entirety. Maybe someone who speaks crazy can tell me what exactly happened:

[10:45] <Cutlery> Cool, what was Numbers RRP'd for?
[10:46] <Cutlery> These fucking sandy vagina'd mods are gonna ruin this whole fucking community real soon
[10:46] <@Kreugen> I think I made 3 posts in ej, 2 were infracted
[10:46] * Agraza ([email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */) has joined #swampdonkey
[10:47] <Cutlery> Same
[10:47] <Cutlery> never went back
[10:47] <@Adam12> Numbers was shitting up threads
[10:47] <@Adam12> also thinks the mods are after him in RL (true story)
[10:47] <Cutlery> No, mods are shitting up the board
[10:47] <@Adam12> lol ok
[10:47] <Cutlery> no lol ok
[10:47] <Cutlery> you knock this shit the fuck off
[10:47] <@Adam12> yes lol ok
[10:48] <@Adam12> Tell me exactly what the shit to be knocked off is
[10:48] <Cutlery> Fuck it, run your own fucking league. I'm done with this shithole
[10:48] <@Daezuel> lol
[10:48] <@Adam12> oh god
[10:48] * Cutlery ([email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */) has left #swampdonkey

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Cut just use the steam group, can even send out pop up reminders. Dont let all your work go to waste.