Blood Bowl

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I started playing this again, and have no developed a drinking problem. Roll one, 3 killed first match, rerolled team 2, manage to throw a touchdown with elves and think hot damn, throw dies 2 rounds later.

God I love this game, but damn. If Korea had local tournaments of this I'd watch it over SC every day of the week just for the hilarity FUCK moments.

Does rolling orcs and just making them all bash/tackle heavy still work? I seem to recall at it's release, that was a pretty OP team that you could usually kill most of the other team in the first few rounds.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My coworker wants me to make 10 ceramic engravings for his friends that he plays blood bowl with. This is his mockup of the idea/concept that I'm going to start working on putting together a real image for today.

Can someone help me understand the score thing on the bottom? I don't really need to know how the game is played, I'm just looking for screenshots that show that stuff so I understand how much flexibility I have with changing the way it looks. Looking for clean screengrabs or images or something of text like that and the dice rolls, etc.
1613237879838.png

Witless

Trakanon Raider
The rolls on the bottom indicate that Kibblz threw a one die block (not recommended), and got the best possible outcome of a guaranteed knockdown (the pow symbol) which injured (possible killing) his opponent’s piece. Removing his opponent‘s piece from the field.

It was probably a last second desperation play in someone’s league that allowed or denied an important score.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The rolls on the bottom indicate that Kibblz threw a one die block (not recommended), and got the best possible outcome of a guaranteed knockdown (the pow symbol) which injured (possible killing) his opponent’s piece. Removing his opponent‘s piece from the field.

It was probably a last second desperation play in someone’s league that allowed or denied an important score.
So each of those, like the kibblz block one and the fidget injury roll aren't like a sequence of events that have to be kept in a direct order like this, right? Each one is it's own inside joke that doesn't need to be kept in that order as it's displayed?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ah memories.

0bjqfeO.png

and yet i'll never touch this awful game again in my life. Cutlery Cutlery can confirm this game brought out the absolute worst in me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Witless

Trakanon Raider
So each of those, like the kibblz block one and the fidget injury roll aren't like a sequence of events that have to be kept in a direct order like this, right? Each one is it's own inside joke that doesn't need to be kept in that order as it's displayed?
No, it’s a specific order of events. Kibble chose to one die block - Pow was the result - Dice to determine if there is an injury from the pow (called an armor roll) - Dice to determine what type of injury (since the previous dice showed an armor break)

That snippet was probably cut directly from a single in-game screenshot as that Is how the rolls are shown.

You could probably cut it in half if you were to show one guy getting the pow, and his opponent getting the armor roll. But in-game they are directly correlated.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Witless

Trakanon Raider
ah memories.

0bjqfeO.png

and yet i'll never touch this awful game again in my life. Cutlery Cutlery can confirm this game brought out the absolute worst in me.
And that’s a shame. They are in the middle of rolling out an updated rule set with a new version of the video game to be released this year.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And that’s a shame. They are in the middle of rolling out an updated rule set with a new version of the video game to be released this year.
Ask Cutlery Cutlery how I acted when my game against against him went poorly after I'd been dominating all my opponents for 3 seasons in the top division of the forum league.

Almost a decade ago and I'm still embarrassed by what Blood Bowl turned me into.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Nah.

A man is entitled to moments of weakness in his life. I would be a liar if I said I had no such moments in my life.

Gav is a good dude, and I'm nothing but honored to have run that league with so many good dudes. It was one of the highlights of my life, and for one brief moment in time, I understood sports as we all sat around watching each other's games.

No one's reputation will be marred by recollections of what happened during that time. It was amazing, and every one of us enjoyed it immensely.

Phazael Phazael , Djay Djay , Gavinmad Gavinmad , Oblio Oblio and Funkor Funkor and so many others I don't recall off the top of my head all played absolutely stellar games with me, and the only reason I won that tournament was thru luck of the dice.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kurt Cobain, my star blitzer and the most lethal murderer in the entire league, died on a series of unlucky dice rolls against Cutlery's Orks and i ragequit out of the match and was planning to quit the league too. Cutlery managed to talk me into replaying our match, so not only did I essentially manage to get out of losing my star player by throwing a temper tantrum, but one of the very first blocks of the game resulted in Cutlery's troll dying. And I could tell he was pissed as hell since being a good sport had just buttfucked him, but he just rolled with it which made my childish behavior look even worse by contrast.

Pretty sure this happened a fairly short time after I ragequit the stunty league when a single match there had gone poorly for me, so yeah I've sworn off Blood Bowl for life, it turns me into a fucking two year old as soon as anything goes bad. I remember Khalan Khalan taking an absolute pasting in stride with his Skaven too, so it really stood out how much of a poor sport I was.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Kurt Cobain, my star blitzer and the most lethal murderer in the entire league, died on a series of unlucky dice rolls against Cutlery's Orks and i ragequit out of the match and was planning to quit the league too. Cutlery managed to talk me into replaying our match, so not only did I essentially manage to get out of losing my star player by throwing a temper tantrum, but one of the very first blocks of the game resulted in Cutlery's troll dying. And I could tell he was pissed as hell since being a good sport had just buttfucked him, but he just rolled with it which made my childish behavior look even worse by contrast.

Pretty sure this happened a fairly short time after I ragequit the stunty league when a single match there had gone poorly for me, so yeah I've sworn off Blood Bowl for life, it turns me into a fucking two year old as soon as anything goes bad. I remember Khalan Khalan taking an absolute pasting in stride with his Skaven too, so it really stood out how much of a poor sport I was.

Okay, but have you sworn off BLOOD BOWL 2?!?!?

Been meaning to go see if it's not a steaming pile of shit.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
It's $3.99 currently on steam for the next 40 hours. Probably worth picking up at that price. I'll investigate further.

Witless

Trakanon Raider
Blood Bowl 2 is fairly good. Great for self run leagues and has a Champion’s ladder with seasons for somewhat competitive play. Blood Bowl 3 is supposed to either come out fully, or come out as open beta in August. It will be running the latest revision of Blood Bowl that started to roll out last November.

Edit: Blood Bowl 2 is still pretty active. In the last 6 week season Champion‘s ladder had over 4200 coaches playing over 38000 games. After the season ends the top 32 coaches that fit certain criteria go into the Champion Cup’s playoff. Criteria is roughly top 2 teams per race with some wild cards thrown in. This doesn’t count the many different player leagues people use Blood Bowl 2 for. With that said, I do know people who still use Fumbbl since Blood Bowl 2 isn’t as flexible for special league rules and teams.

Last edited:

Khalan

Trakanon Raider

Lol dude, I swore of Real life blood bowl for very similar reasons, after my skaven team was decimated in the championship game of the finals of our local league. Some bullshit mightblow pile on team. That was 6 years ago. I still play some PC blood bowl and was in a few leagues during the pandemic but it gets super old. I am looking forward to BB3 as the new ruleset looks like it's fixed some of the bigger issues.