Bloodborne

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Order 1886 should obviously also scratch that itch.
True but I wanted something a little more dark and stylized. Bloodborne definitely fits this. Would be nice if there was more of a story to go along with it then the other souls games.

Devlin

Golden Squire
True but I wanted something a little more dark and stylized. Bloodborne definitely fits this. Would be nice if there was more of a story to go along with it then the other souls games.
Judging from the amount of YouTube videos I've seen about Dark Souls lore there seems to be an overabundance of story, it's all hidden in weapon/armor descriptions so if you're interested you can find it.

I can't wait for this game, it still really irks me they didn't put DS2 on PS4 and therefore I didn't buy it, yet.

No Bloodborne for the master race, bitter tears must be shed.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm talking more about about an unfolding interactive narrative then the library lore of the souls games.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I'm at E3 and just sat through a 30 minute gameplay session of this. Visually, gorgeous, however, at this stage framerate was noticeably bad. Like really, really, bad. The combat was a bit generic and the physics needs work when your attacks hit the mobs sometimes, they just stand there exhibiting no push back or effect at all. Again, visually very, very nice. It still needs time in the oven though.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Looks amazing, but I really don't like playing solo games anymore. This game multiplayer would be epic. any chance of that happening?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks amazing, but I really don't like playing solo games anymore. This game multiplayer would be epic. any chance of that happening?
It's likely got some variant of MP and PVP just like the other Souls titles. But likely not full fledged MP.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
It's likely got some variant of MP and PVP just like the other Souls titles. But likely not full fledged MP.
boo. it's 2014. i can play contra with my friends 30 years ago but can't play this game coop? weak sauce. guess i'll keep playing mario kart 8 (great game btw if you have a wii U).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
We don't actually know what they'll do with this one, don't think they've talked about it, it could have actual coop, or no multiplayer at all for all we know.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We don't actually know what they'll do with this one, don't think they've talked about it, it could have actual coop, or no multiplayer at all for all we know.
They've not talked about it really at all, yea it could be anything - but "spiritual successor to Souls series" comments don't inspire confidence in it being MP much if at all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They've not talked about it really at all, yea it could be anything - but "spiritual successor to Souls series" comments don't inspire confidence in it being MP much if at all.
I agree, just saying, I don't think it's set in stone yet. Prefer if they didn't make it multiplayer myself, even the summons I find kind of cheesy and break the design of the game.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I agree, just saying, I don't think it's set in stone yet. Prefer if they didn't make it multiplayer myself, even the summons I find kind of cheesy and break the design of the game.
I think in 2014 it should be about options. If someone wants to play solo, fine. If someone else wants to play it multiplayer, why not make it available?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think in 2014 it should be about options. If someone wants to play solo, fine. If someone else wants to play it multiplayer, why not make it available?
That's dumb. I'd much rather a game that is primarily single player put the resources they would use on multiplayer into making single player even better. The same would apply for multiplayer games putting all of their resources into multiplayer

Szlia

More than that: the Souls games are unconventional multiplayer games. They explore new ways for players to interact with each other within a game.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Are you new to the souls series? They're single player masterpieces
I've played them, but like I said before, I'm just getting to a point where I'd rather play with friends than solo. As shitty as Diablo 3 was, I still had some fun playing it because I was playing with friends.