Bloodborne

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oh shit, i just saw he transforms 2 weapons into a 2-hander.. i was wondering how the fuck that works.

When i was playing the demo at PAX i found it to look incredibly nice, but was thrown off by the change of controls/gameplay styles that DaS/DeS had.
I would constantly try to "2 hand" his transformable sword, but pressing Triangle was to consume a blood vial (estus), which made me waste a lot of healing charges during the demo.

I was using the loadout for the shotgun/transformable sword, which basically had 2 major things regarding the weapons.

1) the shotgun has limited ammo that you find off corpses etc, it is also used as a "parry" by shooting the monster point blank before they hit you.. which results in a very heavy damage riposte follow up. This felt very easy to do, and did a shit load of damage. Otherwise simply shooting the shotgun-the damage itself sucks, but it's good for crowd conctrol either way, as it seems to briefly stagger/stun enemies that it hits.

2) the sword has a collapsed moveset (when the sword is folded over) which seems to have a quicker moveset but very short range. If you press R1, it will unfold and you'll be able to have an entirely new moveset, that has wider arcs, more range but is substantially slower.

Either way this game is going to be sick as fuck once it's out, specially after seeing you can combine 2 weapons to make a scythe etc.
I'm hype as fuck.
Nice info. I'm super stoked about the game. If the release comes out in Japan first I might have to double dip. I did read that the Japanese version is compatible with US PS4's, how reliable that is I don't know, but either way I want to play this asap.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think the PS4 is unlocked, but PS+ is.. so you'd need to double dip on a JP PS+ subscription in that case, which might suck ass.. or not if you can read/understand japanese and benefit from both regions PS+ games? lol
Might be able to just play offline though

Then again Dark Souls 2 was released in NA 2 days before Japan.. so i wouldn't be surprised if it's released at the same time, if not within a couple days of each other?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I think the PS4 is unlocked, but PS+ is.. so you'd need to double dip on a JP PS+ subscription in that case, which might suck ass.. or not if you can read/understand japanese and benefit from both regions PS+ games? lol
Might be able to just play offline though

Then again Dark Souls 2 was released in NA 2 days before Japan.. so i wouldn't be surprised if it's released at the same time, if not within a couple days of each other?
I remember I ordered Demon Souls from China a while before it came out in stores here. Game was released localized to English from the get go. Think From Software has done that with all the titles, so importing it if it has an earlier release date in Asia shouldn't be a problem other than the online part.

Budos

Can be ordered fromthis placethat was linked on the Bloodborne subreddit and you have to do some wholesale application thing to get it, but I was considering it.

Edit: I'm assuming it's going to come out the same time as the Jap release, just because of the DS2 precedent.

Also, the limited edition is standard From Software fare: art book and soundtrack.

Link to some info from 5 play throughs at PAX

spronk

FPS noob
15086309287_2d5a00c990_h.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
2 days before my womans bday... I think she'll understand when nothing happens because i'll be glued to the TV.

I'm wondering after watching that trailer-will there be legitimate coop? it looks like theres 2 dudes playing with eachother without any of the phantom-esque summoning glow.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
man, February is gonna be fucking awesome.

and it does look like multiplayer, maybe local using the DS4's screen for char info maybe...(I did play it at PAX Prime, but ya there is no summoning glow, on the 2nd player.)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm wondering after watching that trailer?will there be legitimate coop? it looks like theres 2 dudes playing with eachother without any of the phantom-esque summoning glow.
I doubt they'll change the mp mechanics too much. The truth is probably just that being a soul/phantom and having a glow doesn't fit within the lore of the game.

Budos

Some invites have already gone out for all regions, so check your emails! Speculation says that having trophies in the other 3 games increases the odds of getting an invite, though it isn't required.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I loved Dark Souls 1. Never really played Demon's souls that much, and for some reason I just coulnd't get into DS2. I don't know if it was because the combat felt a little off or what it was. I hope this is more like DS1 combat.

Needless

Toe Sucker
from what i played at pax, it isn't at all.. but who knows how it will shape up by the time feb rolls around