Bloodborne

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've only gotten to play once and I swear I'm fiending for blood at work
frown.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
I watched a streamer play the whole game. I played DS1 and loved it, skipped DS2 though I heard it was nearly as good. This game looks like it's still the fun 'play' of the other games, but seems super linear and the weapons seem unbalanced. Every streamer is using Ludwig's because it staggers shit constantly while doing high damage. In DS1 I remember having 4 weapons for different shit and actually switching rather than just pumping one to max and 24/7ing that bitch.

The chalice dungeons look cool, but the streamer I was watching died 30+ times on the boss and just went on completing the game. He was only on "layer 1" of the level, so I'm assuming there's more bosses than that.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Right now I have used the 2h axe and like 5 minutes of 1h axe+gun. You are almost always better dodging than trying to parry, it's way too unreliable

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I watched a streamer play the whole game. I played DS1 and loved it, skipped DS2 though I heard it was nearly as good. This game looks like it's still the fun 'play' of the other games, but seems super linear and the weapons seem unbalanced. Every streamer is using Ludwig's because it staggers shit constantly while doing high damage. In DS1 I remember having 4 weapons for different shit and actually switching rather than just pumping one to max and 24/7ing that bitch.

The chalice dungeons look cool, but the streamer I was watching died 30+ times on the boss and just went on completing the game. He was only on "layer 1" of the level, so I'm assuming there's more bosses than that.
Its definitely not any more linear than the past ones, especially Demon's Souls, but saying that might mislead you into thinking its as linear as Demon's Souls, and its definitely not. In fact its so non linear that, once you defeat BSB, you can get killed by guys that will teleport you to a dungeon after death that is like in the third zone of the game, skipping all of the second tombstone's areas, which if they're as numerous as the first tombstone's areas, there's like at least 10 bonfires in that region alone.

Ludwig's is OP, but its lack of reach and its broad swing makes it less preferable in some situations.

I played ALL of Dark Souls 2 using ONLY the Drangleic sword, and no armor, through the entire game past the second boss (where the Drangleic sword is located), and I'm using two different trick weapons here, each forms two different types of weapons, so that's 4 melee weapons so far, and I'm using two different guns, a pistol and a rifle, for a total of 6 different weapons I'm using depending upon the situation.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Hodj, this shit is boss.

It is very non-linear and you're pretty much open to run around and get killed wherever you want. So much so that I continually get 'lost' and go back to the hub and see which destination sounds like the right one to go to. I think the level design is incredible also. From a map standpoint it would probably look a lot smaller than it feels, but levels are laid out so nicely that the scale and usefulness of all the land seems great. Although my least favorite has been the outdoor part.

I have used the Cane all game but also have a Ludwigs, both +6, and the Rifle Spear +6, still mostly use the Cane and it will probably be what I +9 once the mats start dropping.

Haven't been this satisfied with a purchase in a long time, and if they'd fix the loading times and framerate issues I would have a hard time finding a major fault. Looking forward to the Chalice dungeons (hoping I can finish SP tonight).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I agree with Hodj, this shit is boss.

It is very non-linear and you're pretty much open to run around and get killed wherever you want. So much so that I continually get 'lost' and go back to the hub and see which destination sounds like the right one to go to. I think the level design is incredible also. From a map standpoint it would probably look a lot smaller than it feels, but levels are laid out so nicely that the scale and usefulness of all the land seems great. Although my least favorite has been the outdoor part.

I have used the Cane all game but also have a Ludwigs, both +6, and the Rifle Spear +6, still mostly use the Cane and it will probably be what I +9 once the mats start dropping.

Haven't been this satisfied with a purchase in a long time, and if they'd fix the loading times and framerate issues I would have a hard time finding a major fault. Looking forward to the Chalice dungeons (hoping I can finish SP tonight).
Do you have to finish the SP before you can run Chalice Dungeons?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't think so, think they are just ball busting hard and figured higher levels / equipment would actually make it manageable. Have had the stuff to open one since BSB I think.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My understanding is that chalice dungeons are tied to the level that you're at when you open them. If you start one and leave it for a while, I've heard you can out level them.

Took this casual pussy 12 hours to beat the cleric beast. I had it down within 90 minutes after release. Fuck IGN -How and Why Bloodborne Lost Me - IGN

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm having a hell of a time with this game. I'm trying to avoid watching walk through videos, but I'm still in the beginning area. I get my ass handed to me repeatedly but I love this game.

Any tips that could help survivability for me? Maybe my character is setup wrong or something.
If you die don't rush back! You'll learn that lesson quick enough after you lose out on some blood echoes. These games feed off people rushing back to the spot they died.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
My understanding is that chalice dungeons are tied to the level that you're at when you open them. If you start one and leave it for a while, I've heard you can out level them.

Took this casual pussy 12 hours to beat the cleric beast. I had it down within 90 minutes after release. Fuck IGN -How and Why Bloodborne Lost Me - IGN
Wow. That idiot should never play video games again. Seriously.

I suck at most games and beat the cleric beast on my second attempt.

I love this one:

To be clear, there are no checkpoints between the start of the first area, called Central Yharnam, and after you kill the boss.
So the one on the bridge after you kill the Cleric beast labled "Bridge" whenever you want to return is a figment of my imagination. Writers like this, when so inherently wrong about something so basic, need to be fired.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
You get the components for chalice dungeons pretty early. I'm waiting until I have only the last boss left before I start running them. According to the wiki that's 2 more bosses before I start chalices.

Like I said earlier, anyone in the 60 to 70 level range is welcome to come tonight around 9pm EST to try it out.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
If you die don't rush back! You'll learn that lesson quick enough after you lose out on some blood echoes. These games feed off people rushing back to the spot they died.
Yeah, I figured that part pretty quick. I enjoy the slow dungeon crawl feel, but like article mentions above... this game is very hostile to new players.
Dark souls made me want to punch babies, so I never got very far into it. This is much more enjoyable even with all the deaths, I just can't seem to advance.
I may have no choice but to go even slower and perhaps even get a guide or something.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

It should be a firable offense to be a video game reviewer and be unable to beat the Cleric Boss with 12 hours of trying. Its that simple.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Haha wow that Dan Stapleton dude is such a casual dickass shitlord. I heard people talking about him on twitter and he was doing nothing but complaining. 12 hours on cleric beast? Wtf no one is that bad

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you're not used to *souls combat then really you need to just farm for a while before taking on the first couple bosses. Get up to level 20 or so for some more stats, enchant your weapon of choice to +3 or so, etc.

Also use fire on the big tree thing, it helps. You can cheese the churchy dude pretty hard by putting trees/tombstones between him and you if that's your thing.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Think I'm converging on a more traditional path. Early on I took a left on the massive staircase into Hemwick before traversing the staircase in its entirety. Was wondering why I was getting raped there - the very obviously continuing andfucking massivestaircase was probably where I was supposed to go. Interestingly enough, though, while Hemwick fucking raped me for a while (until I gained like 20 levels in an hour there) the Witch boss was a fucking joke by Souls Standards. The Vicar I just beat was considerably harder.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Also, anyone care to go ahead and spoil Insight logistics for me? Thus far it's been unreplenishable and aside from buying out the Insight Store the first time I got 10, I haven't used any of it. Should I continue to be really judicious with it? Pissed me off to no end when that fucking Insight sucker sucked a significant amount out of me.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
As far as im aware you need it to do multiplayer. You get it for killing bosses and helping others. Also get it by consuming skulls you find in the world