Bloodborne

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ritley - tip for Vicar

You should have picked up some "Numbing Mist" when clearing out in the courtyard (there is some up a ladder just past the first gate guarded by the two Prometheus looking dudes). When she attempts to heal, chuck some of that at her. It will prevent her from healing for like 45seconds - 1minute.
Ya, I got those, guess I'll try that out tomorrow. It's funny, I really had no problem up to this point and I looked it up and everyone is saying it's one of the easiest bosses.

Cleric beast I barely even got hit on, father gasc took me like 3 or 4 tries mainly to figure out his beast form, BSB took me two tries, but now I've tried her like 10 times now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Forbidden woods was definitely what I've been missing. Thanks for the advice.

nuday

Golden Squire
I didn't even fight them in the end. I took that roundabout path and came out in front of them.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've had a lot of luck using the cane-whip by swinging around trees because strong/weak have different angles they come from. That spear-gun hunter got slapped like a bitch and all his cheap shotgun crap hit tree. Was nice. Just found the second shortcut in the Woods, so happy.

I wonder if as many posts in this thread come from people like me who do so during load screens hah.

edit: Shadow...
Holy shit, intense. Wasn't expecting the final guy to start summoning giant fucking snakes after the rape he and his friends put out. Still managed to one shot, but that was some intense rolling/tombstone hiding, let me tell ya.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Nightmare of Mensis is fucking TERRIBLE jesus god damn fuck me in the ass christ

where the fuck is this frenzy damage coming from?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't even fight them in the end. I took that roundabout path and came out in front of them.
I honestly used them as a quick blood vial refill after I had killed the Cleric. They drop like 3 each, so a few whip strokes and I was good to go. Due to the shortcuts, until I had unlocked better methods I would just spawn there, get my easy vials and then head towards the area I needed. You can basically stunlock one with normal attacks (I'm using cane, so hey, your mileage may vary) and if you can hit both, do so. I haven't tried using a pebble to single pull them, but I'm sure it would work since I've managed to single them before using my blunderbus and pathing.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meh... hopefully the stupid reset I had to do to fix my "random eject" issue I was having while in Rest mode (beep-beep-beep with no disc in drive happening every couple minutes - didn't happen powered fully, but I don't want to leave it powered fully when not in use) that wiped out all my games didn't kill my save.

I don't look forward to redoing Father G and the chaingun hunter again if PS+ didn't get my save.

[And it didn't... weee....]

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Meh... hopefully the stupid reset I had to do to fix my "random eject" issue I was having while in Rest mode (beep-beep-beep with no disc in drive happening every couple minutes - didn't happen powered fully, but I don't want to leave it powered fully when not in use) that wiped out all my games didn't kill my save.

I don't look forward to redoing Father G and the chaingun hunter again if PS+ didn't get my save.

[And it didn't... weee....]
This is why you save games in the Sony cloud. You are a ps plus member right?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I'm not sure exactly what the number is, but your insight level will start powering up mobs once it gets high enough. I was up to like 25 before spending a shit ton of it on items and mobs lost abilities/ranged attacks/glowing eyes etc after I did.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hmm I was reading about that on the Wiki after your post and think we're still missing a bunch of information or are at least confusing two things happening. Like I've never had over 14 insight and I've seen all the stuff it claims happens at 20. All the bag carriers have always done their cone and AoE to me, the lantern carriers have shot magic balls, etc... Fun figuring all this stuff out. I think there is a ton of info missing on Armor Sets and how they interact with the world or the other hunters.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm so far behind everyone, Just killed the first boss
frown.png
LOL

No time, and it is killing me slowly

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Father G fight was epic!!!! the atmosphere and the sound with headphones on was just incredible. I swear I was one hit away from dying and got a lucky Bullet off which stunned him and allowed the final parry. My heart was racing. I hope all of the future boss fights are this good

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
One thing I found out last night that I don't completely like (or maybe am missing key components to understand) is the way the Elemental Attack works. Equipping a Fire or Bolt Rune changes all damage of that weapon to that damage type. It isn't an added damage bonus or a damage type on top of the normal attack. Yes, when you are at the workbench it shows it visually, but it took seeing it in practice to really drive it home. The Fire Paper and Bolt Paper do not seem to follow the same rule, as Bolt damage is added on top of your normal weapon damage.

Basically at Cainhurst I was using Bolt Paper for the boss and doing 80 - 120 a swing or so. Thought hey let me just go change out to a Bolt Rune. Came back and was doing like 15 damage a hit. Was not successful.

Anyways, just be careful what you carry around. Seems to require more planning ahead than just carrying a weapon of each type.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Probably the arcane attribute or whatever it is increases the elemental attacks you acquire from equipping runes, and if your stat is low, that's why you're seeing such low damage from that. I mean that's my assumption at least.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Father G fight was epic!!!! the atmosphere and the sound with headphones on was just incredible. I swear I was one hit away from dying and got a lucky Bullet off which stunned him and allowed the final parry. My heart was racing. I hope all of the future boss fights are this good
I know! I finally was able to play more last night and had about a 4 hour run. My very first agenda item was to kill the Father. I still have no clue how I survived. I was dodging and spinning out of the way like a Madman. When I finally nailed him for the last time with a solid hit and he died, I jumped up and down like I had just beat Mike Tyson on the NES when I was 12.