Bloodborne

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
So I picked this up this last weekend, going into this completely blind to these games. Never played any of the Souls game before.

As much as I have died to some of the beginning mobs im loving it. Hardest thing for me is going to be resisting the urge to run in and start hacking away.

One thing I can't seem to get down good is the exact time to shoot big guys to stun them.

Haven't played a rage inducing game that I can't turn off in a long time.
I would recommend getting the Beckoning Bell as soon as you can. Insight is pretty useless in the beginning, it seemed. I had about 20 or so insight before even figuring out where to get the bell, lol. You can actually power level people through the game since stuff is password protected.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As for Alfred, I think I am fucked on that front because I ganked Vicar kind of early.
If the Alfred thing is broken, you can attack the queen 50 times to kill her.

I would recommend getting the Beckoning Bell as soon as you can. Insight is pretty useless in the beginning, it seemed. I had about 20 or so insight before even figuring out where to get the bell, lol. You can actually power level people through the game since stuff is password protected.
Insight tanks your frenzy resist, which is pretty annoying late in the game. I spent as much insight as I could without straight-up wasting it (all armors, a bunch of bolt paper, ritual materials that are annoying to farm, etc.)

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the tips. Restarted and took the axe, amazing how different the game feels with another weapon. Loving the move set for it.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A snippit in case anybody is still hazy on the story. Vaati is usually very good at interpreting Fromsoft stuff.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
If anyone is needing any help on any boss or chalice dungeon, lemme know. I'm almost level 200. Can also summon you into CD for Uncanny/Lost weapons. After speeding through NG+1, +2, and +3, I'm getting burned out -- especially after platinuming the game. -.-

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

Speed runner does 1.04 in 37 minutes. The jump he pulls off in Old Yharnam around the 8:40 mark is pretty impressive.

Did you guys find the chalice dungeons worth doing outside of the achievement? I just finished up the cursed one and have opened up the Great Ihyl(?) one that Amy dropped and am pretty much ready for them to be done. Do the roots, defiled etc open up ones that at least seem fun?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

Speed runner does 1.04 in 37 minutes. The jump he pulls off in Old Yharnam around the 8:40 mark is pretty impressive.

Did you guys find the chalice dungeons worth doing outside of the achievement? I just finished up the cursed one and have opened up the Great Ihyl(?) one that Amy dropped and am pretty much ready for them to be done. Do the roots, defiled etc open up ones that at least seem fun?

Very impressive. He utilizes the beast pellet.

In regards to chalice dungeons: They are only good if you actually plan on PvPing for the uber gems. Aside from that, no reason.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Finally platinumed it today and really wish I had read a guide on that last trophy. Thought it was gotten by clearing every static chalice dungeon which I ended up doing. Nearly went out of my mind on those Abhorrent Beast bosses in the two Loran chalices. The boss that gave the achievement seemed like a joke after the ones in Loran and Isz. Currently on NG+4 and think I'll probably finish +7 to see how crazy it gets at that point. Hoping the expansion gives more reasons to do NG+ and maybe change some of the boss encounters around like in Dark Souls 2.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
So I've made it to Martyr Logarius, castle CainHurst boss, and I don't think I've died to any boss in this game as much as him.

His 2nd phase just destroys me. Only other boss so far I've had trouble with was the blood starved beast.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I remembered having trouble with him, mainly because up until that fight I never bothered with parrying. Took awhile to get the hang of it, and that is definitely the way to go with him

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I had tons of trouble with Blood Starved Beast. Even using the blood vials it was pathetic. No issues on any other boss what so ever. Just him.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So I've made it to Martyr Logarius, castle CainHurst boss, and I don't think I've died to any boss in this game as much as him.

His 2nd phase just destroys me. Only other boss so far I've had trouble with was the blood starved beast.
I had a hard time with him too. I ended up using the bell to get some help.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I had trouble up to and including Blood Starved Beast. After that Ludwig's opens up and I never had trouble with any boss again. Even the hard ones I killed easily like Ebrietas. Though to be fair I was massively overleveled when I got to her.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah once I got Ludwigs every boss I'm the game was a joke to me. Exception being gehrmain, who took me approximately 50 attempts. I beat ebrietas the second try and wasn't really sure what all the fuss was about. I do think k logarius took 5 or 6 attempts though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The only boss I had issues with was Gascoigne who was the first boss I fought. It must have taken me 20 attempts before I just rerolled and retuned my character. After that I one shot almost every boss. I'm kind of paranoid that I eventually fell into the PS4 memory leak issue that makes all the bosses ezmode.

On the other hand those chalice dungeon bosses were some of the hardest fights in any "Souls" game. But it wasn't challenging in a technical sense, it was more like "I have half HP and everything this boss does will one shot me" so every fight became a ten minute game of "don't get hit".

Also, pimp cane for life.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I got bored of the chalice dungeons. The early ones are just so tedious. I never got the platinum trophy because of that.