Bloodborne

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I need a guide as to which damage types each area is so to know what armor to use

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So i'm at the point where I can fight either Paarl or the one reborn. Which is better to do first?

Oh, and fuck those 3 hunters that you have to kill to get there. I spent more time on them than most bosses.

nuday

Golden Squire
I'm starting to warm up to the sword. I just got it to the point where it is on par with my axe. I'm just so used to that slow, methodical axe.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yep ive checked everywhere, shes just gone.
She only shows up next to Cathedral Lamp for a small amount of time (open all the short cuts in Cathedral Ward, but before you kill BSB or Witch).

If you missed her, she will show up hostile in the Great Cathedral where you killed Vicar, after you kill Rom.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's an elevator that activates after Vicar in the Cathedral safehouse that lets you get to an area with the badge for it at the end.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I have killed BSB, Paarl and Vicar. How do i unlock this greatsword everyone talks about?
From the chapel where the person asks you to send people to him, at the bonfire, go through the door on the right if your back is turned to the door you first enter the chapel from, go up. Somewhere up there is a chest with an item that lets you purchase for 20k souls the sword from the Hunter's Dream vendor.

Does that make sense?

The door was locked before you killed BSB

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
From the chapel where the person asks you to send people to him, at the bonfire, go through the door on the right if your back is turned to the door you first enter the chapel from, go up. Somewhere up there is a chest with an item that lets you purchase for 20k souls the sword from the Hunter's Dream vendor.

Does that make sense?

The door was locked before you killed BSB
ya thanks

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
She only shows up next to Cathedral Lamp for a small amount of time (open all the short cuts in Cathedral Ward, but before you kill BSB or Witch).

If you missed her, she will show up hostile in the Great Cathedral where you killed Vicar, after you kill Rom.
Ah ok i just reached Rom - i will go hunt her ass down next.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So completely lost in the Forbidden woods. Thinking about just skipping the entire area. I had 100k + souls from just wandering around killing shit in the area, think I found a boss fight but wasn't going to try it with that much blood on me, got bored, teleports with a bold hunter's mark to spend the blood. Now I have to wander all over again.

Any advice on that place? Its a fucking maze to me.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So completely lost in the Forbidden woods. Thinking about just skipping the entire area. I had 100k + souls from just wandering around killing shit in the area, think I found a boss fight but wasn't going to try it with that much blood on me, got bored, teleports with a bold hunter's mark to spend the blood. Now I have to wander all over again.

Any advice on that place? Its a fucking maze to me.
buy max stacking of shining coins then equip them and use them regularly should mark a nice path to show where you've been

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Look for the big lake / river area and the two boars. That's the right way. Boss area is pretty obvious. But I'm with you, when I stumbled on him it felt like an hour of wandering with no idea wtf I was.

nuday

Golden Squire
Okay, so I've killed the Witches and Paarl. Is there another optional zone I should clear before I kill Vicar?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't forget to explore the surrounding area; you can unlock a shortcut from the "lodge" that is only a couple of mobs away from the lift that takes you to the torch. It saves a -shitload- of time if you have to run back. Admittedly, I one-shotted the boss there, but either way opening that short cut is a huge timesaver. For strats on the boss, just find my previous post where I mention "Shadow"

edit: killing Paarl means you are ahead of the game. Vicar is a joke comparatively, and you should do Shadows of Yarnham next if you haven't already. Then it is Rom and beyond.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yep, if you unlock the two lifts it is a very quick run back to shadow. Start at lamp, take lift one down. Kill the mutant snake guy right outside, run into the building and take lift two. At the bottom kill another mutant snake guy, then the path will lead to a bit of water. Turn left and you should see another path of water that has a big boar, just follow that path past the boar until you hit land with two bonfires and another boar. Pass through the two bonfires and down a path, taking the left when you hit a fork. That puts you at the boss.

When I made the run I only killed the two mutant guys (they drop blood pretty often) and ran by everything else.