Bloodborne

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Real talk with me bros. Does armor really matter or just go for what looks the most BA
Never noticed a difference. Even equipping the poison resist gear in that poison area in the cave in the woods, I didn't notice a difference in how fast the poison accrued or depleted. Maybe it did, but it wasn't noticeable to me

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't forget to explore the surrounding area; you can unlock a shortcut from the "lodge" that is only a couple of mobs away from the lift that takes you to the torch. It saves a -shitload- of time if you have to run back. Admittedly, I one-shotted the boss there, but either way opening that short cut is a huge timesaver. For strats on the boss, just find my previous post where I mention "Shadow"

edit: killing Paarl means you are ahead of the game. Vicar is a joke comparatively, and you should do Shadows of Yarnham next if you haven't already. Then it is Rom and beyond.
Is Shadows accessible before beating Vicar?

And Paarl was a joke for me, 1-shotted him mostly using the Flamethrower.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Going with the Bone Ash set

59UN96n.jpg

Also I found the claws in my chalice dungeon

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't think armor really matters, but I do think some of the stats do. I have noticed significant difference with Slow Poison resist in Nightmare Frontier and that cave. Significantly enough I didn't even really lose life. But honestly I don't think it is as much as armor stats don't matter as I do believe that certain enemy attacks are just percentage based and not atk or def based. Case in point on NG+ I duped and leveled to like 200 and started playing through the starting area. Still mobs could 4 shot me. At level 200 and 50 something STA / VIT. So there is something else going on behind the scenes.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I believe there is a set of thresholds for stats and damage, actually. Like I notice that my damage goes up when I level main dps stat on boss hp (one of the few areas you can see the numbers) and it seems once you get past a certain point of damage that you just bowl through stuff in lower tiers. For health, it seems kind of similar. You can take a bunch of hits due to how much HP you have, but since armor never really upgrades you sort of always have the base defensive stats. You'll notice a difference up until a point, and then anything extra is just "well, that's extra." and not actually useful. And I have definitely noticed the % based HP stuff. Some enemy attacks just wreck you and level has nothing to do with it.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is Shadows accessible before beating Vicar?

And Paarl was a joke for me, 1-shotted him mostly using the Flamethrower.
Nope! Reread your post, and no, you gotta beat vicar before you can access the Forbidden Woods, where Shadow is. Vicar is a direct pre-req to fighting Shadow.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
So I opened a door in a depth 4 chalice and somehow one of those bell ladies managed to summon like 8 spiders while it was closed

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I f'ed up somewhere and didn't save Arianna so now she isn't at her door. Oh well going to end the game and try and more complete run on NG+ Is there a list anywhere of things you need to accomplish by X or you will miss out on them forever?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So levelled up enough to use the kirkhammer. Pretty good but why does the giant ass fucking hammer do such tiny damage? I was able to knock machine gun man off with it at least

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I thought kirkhammer would be good, but i ended up sticking with my Axe until Ludwigs - Now im just waiting for something new to use. I got the white church looking armor from somewhere and digging it - i also dig shooting the cannon at bitches - color me pleased.

I died to Rom once and ive never been to YharGul or w/e b/c i had no idea youre supposed to die for some things. So should i kill Beast or Rom first? and does it matter?

Still looking to do some Chalice runs.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This is how I cheesed the asshole that showed up and killed Eileen as I mentioned in my last post. I thought he was really overpowered at the point he showed up in the story so didn't feel bad at all doing this.

Zugarific

Molten Core Raider
The hunter AI is pretty funny. Can make them walk into R2 charge attacks with Ludwig's almost every time.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spear is highly underutilized by most, but completely breaks a few encounters with its R2 charge. Most streamers/youtubers using Hunter Axe like you're saying, but I highly suggest giving the Spear a try to anyone that is sorta bored. Just looks kinda lame - primary downside.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is how I cheesed the asshole that showed up and killed Eileen as I mentioned in my last post. I thought he was really overpowered at the point he showed up in the story so didn't feel bad at all doing this.

I literally rolled in and just went ham with my cane in cane mode. He was at less than half health after the first barrage, then I rolled, let Eileen tank and rolled into slap the shit out of him for an easy win after my stamina had come back. If Eileein is still alive, he focuses on her. Just combo his ass into the ground while she is up and you should have zero problems.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I like the Kirkhammer but not for the hammer part, just the sword part. I liked the saw well enough, but the range on it felt limited. I don't like having the long blade out, I just play with the short-saw, is that shitty of me?

I sort of raged last night when I went into the area downstairs after killing machine gun man and got stun-locked by those poison fuckers. I'm hoping there is a bonfire down there because the run from the other one sucks unless you skip every monster on the way.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I really liked the Saw Blade but couldn't stand the alternate mode (long blade). My issue is that it should be good for wide open areas as a "sweeping" attack but instead you do a "smashing" attack with it. That really limits how useful the extended blade is. The regular axe is great though because it is a sweeping attack. Biggest problem is the lack of range but you get used to that pretty quick.