Bloodborne

HUH_sl

shitlord
How do I get the other Chalices? Do the higher level dungeon chalices drop from the normal game bosses, or do I need to grind dungeons and hope another one drops like the Root one? I completed a Root P dungeon too, and didn't notice anything different than the normal one. 3 levels, fairly identical in size and mobs to the normal one. Same bosses, minus the giant. End boss was the fire dog. No new chalice though.
4 different base types of Chalices. (Pthumeru Chalice, Hintertomb Chalice, Loran Chalice, Isz Chalice) 3 are from bosses you find in the normal game (all 3 bosses are optional I think and it's very easy to miss 2 of them) The last chalice is found inside a chalice dungeon I think.

Once you beat a Chalice dungeon you should be rewarded with another chalice of the same type but higher depth (I think there's 5 depth levels) as well as a Root chalice of the depth you just beat. Root Chalices let you make randomized dungeons depending on the items you use to create it. I think that's how that shit works. I haven't messed around with root chalices that much so I could be wrong about that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wish the weapon stats were better explained when you start using Gems, especially elemental Gems. Those seem to take over the weapons damage, and only give you a tiny portion of +dmg from any of the Physical ATK gems, compared to not using the elemental gem.
Don't use elemental gems unless it's on a weapon with split damage types already, or if you're actually going for an arcane build.

spronk

FPS noob
this made me laugh, joke mockup UI of "next gen" bloodborne or if ubisoft published it

70rk47b.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Wanted to kill the Gatling gun Hunter, but that fucker is always just standing in the middle waiting to shoot -me- off the ledge, lol.
You're climbing the ladder too slowly. Hold circle and climb it as quickly as you can, but the time you get to the top he'll just be turning around.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bag men tactic - Hit them with holy sword charge = 50% of their hp gone. They start charging up for frenzy and while they do that, you have time for another charge attack. Dead before they ever get to do much.

Regarding chalice dungeons. The first chalice I got from BSB. I have only downed Cleric, Father G, BSB, Vicar and Witches. However, while doing a Chalice dungeon (P something) I got a Root version of that Chalice from a boss in the dungeon.

How do I get the other Chalices? Do the higher level dungeon chalices drop from the normal game bosses, or do I need to grind dungeons and hope another one drops like the Root one? I completed a Root P dungeon too, and didn't notice anything different than the normal one. 3 levels, fairly identical in size and mobs to the normal one. Same bosses, minus the giant. End boss was the fire dog. No new chalice though.
Yeah figured the bagmen strategy out, they still sometimes destroy me

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I really don't like this Unseen World garbage. Game took a massive increase in difficulty. The hunters in the old Gaol were absolutely raping me. Finally killed them all though. Fought the boss once (Reborn One or something like that). Didn't seem that bad but I only had 2 blood vials so I didn't give it a serious effort.

Vaclav

Thats Eileen lol - just sidestep and wail on her - i used Tontris or whatever and beat her on my 3rd go.
Depends on if you did the rest of her questline - if you did her questline, the dude inside is meaner than she is.

That said - Numbing Mist and Poison Daggers make either easy to cheese.

Vaclav

I really don't like this Unseen World garbage. Game took a massive increase in difficulty. The hunters in the old Gaol were absolutely raping me. Finally killed them all though. Fought the boss once (Reborn One or something like that). Didn't seem that bad but I only had 2 blood vials so I didn't give it a serious effort.
Are the respawns the problem or just the area in general? If its respawns - look for the bell maidens, rushing them is key to doing well in the upper parts. (Those chest things in the lower parts are hard to describe how to manage - but they're easy to just outrun)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Need like 20 arcane hazes to progress in chalice dungeons, apparently I missed that tool that allows you to convert other mats into haze.

Not going to lie, I cheesed the shit out of abhorrent beast, 14 poison knives and running around in circles until he died

Vaclav

Need like 20 arcane hazes to progress in chalice dungeons, apparently I missed that tool that allows you to convert other mats into haze.

Not going to lie, I cheesed the shit out of abhorrent beast, 14 poison knives and running around in circles until he died
Those long legged tentacle/centipedey things drop them a shitload.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah so after I got kidnapped I just assumed that was where I was supposed to go, I'm wondering if I should go back down the tower where I got kidnapped instead. Level 40 or so and Paarl raped me enough to convince me to come back later. Dying at 10% almost made an airborne controller

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, one of the dungeons had like 6 of them in one area, just don't remember which one and which layer
the 1st chalice layer 3 i believe. So as soon as you spawn, turn right and drop down into the little circle pit and there should be two there in the next room. I think..

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah so after I got kidnapped I just assumed that was where I was supposed to go, I'm wondering if I should go back down the tower where I got kidnapped instead. Level 40 or so and Paarl raped me enough to convince me to come back later. Dying at 10% almost made an airborne controller
i assume you mean being dragged to jail by sack boy. its worth it imo, if you activate the lamp near the jail cell you can go back anytime and farm 2 sack boys for twin bloods (+3 to +6 upgrade mats). from the lamp just go down the stairs a bit and you can aggro the sack boys but they cant follow down the second set of stairs on the left side that has a "doorway", just R2 big attacks from there and they die without ever being able to hit you. I farmed up enough mats to upgrade 2-3 weps this way right after vicar or BCB.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Never been invaded until Menses or whatever, now I can't actually progress because it's nothing but spam of invaders. How does it even work in this game? I'm not even ringing a bell, assholes are just showing up constantly. I don't think I've actually gained a level in the last like ~5hours.