Bloodborne

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I'm on NG+ and have never done a chalice dungeon.

I also have no idea what I'm doing honestly.
The chalice dungeons are what ultimately killed my interest in this game. In order to get the best gems (and before the patch, get more than one blood rock), you needed to plod through all of the chalice dungeons, and I found them extremely repetitive and just not fun. Add in the artificial half-health mechanic, and I went on to other games. I really enjoyed my first playthrough, but unlike the Souls games, BB had no longevity for me

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The chalice dungeons are what ultimately killed my interest in this game. In order to get the best gems (and before the patch, get more than one blood rock), you needed to plod through all of the chalice dungeons, and I found them extremely repetitive and just not fun. Add in the artificial half-health mechanic, and I went on to other games. I really enjoyed my first playthrough, but unlike the Souls games, BB had no longevity for me
I took a few month breaks before I finally beat the queen in the 5th depth. Those dungeons can suck the life out of you, but really when you beat them its such a great feeling. TAKE BREAKS !

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't really understand how they work honestly. Are they progressive? Do I need to do the shitty ones to get to the real ones?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
They are progressive for each chalice, Pthu starts at a difficulty of 1 to the max 5, Hinter I think goes 3-5, Loran 4-5 and Isz is 5 only. Those are all set in stone in terms of mob location, layout, bosses etc. In each difficulty level when you beat the final boss you get the chalice that unlocks the next difficulty and you also get a root chalice from one of the mid level bosses that lets you make a randomized version of that level. The root also lets you add certain items (offerings) that make it harder (mobs have more health, you have half health and/or more traps) which in turn lets you get better gems. There is also a third type called sinister that acts like a root but will allow invasions to occur in them. Best gems (+27% damage or +65 of an arcane type)come from the level 5 root dungeons with all the offerings. I beat NG+7 with only one 27% modifier and I think I had 18% in the others because I just couldn't take any more farming. If your dead set on min maxing google gem farming and people have codes you can use on the root that give you the best chance for the gem type you are looking for. Oh, some of the roots also have different versions of the weapons in them; the weapons are the same but the gem types they take are different.

Fedor

<Banned>
tumblr_o1o9wpalcW1sp3tuoo1_1280.png

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I really like that art piece. I know this is for dramatic purpose but I don't think you can fight that boss with that moon :p

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Finally got this game. Blood-starved Beast has been kicking my ass. I think I got his ass tonight, though. Is the poison in phase 3 like an AE/aura? Do I just have to stay away from him when that bar gets too high?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Finally got this game. Blood-starved Beast has been kicking my ass. I think I got his ass tonight, though. Is the poison in phase 3 like an AE/aura? Do I just have to stay away from him when that bar gets too high?
It is an aura, and if you want to do it the hard way, yeah, that's pretty much the strat (and remember to grab Gascoigne's set off the insight shop in the Hunter's Dream, it's got good poison resist).

Now if you want to do it the easy(er) way (and God knows, I did), here's the trick: you can prevent blood-starved from entering phrase 3. You just need to damage him while he's doing his little power up animation (I would just shoot him), and he'll stay in phase 2. Just keep an eye out, as he'll periodically retry to enter phase 3.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Made a new character and did a 99 arcane glass cannon build for grins and man is it broken for most bosses. Any humanoid boss can pretty much be parried at any point with the Auger of Ebrietas, including the clock tower boss. The defiled chalice dungeon is trivial; chain parry the first boss as he stands up with the Auger, Call Beyond 4 or 5 times on the second and black eye the third with the occasional charged R2 when she jumps. Not nearly as rewarding as the first time doing a strength/skill build but for the second time through it was just fun. Only build left to try is a bloodtinge/strength for that weapon from Cainhurst, the one from Simon and the one from that annoying as hell red summon in the DLC.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
This may have been my game of the year, had I played it last year. I'm not all that far into it(just beat Shadow of Yahrnam), but what an awesome game. I just read that I permanently missed some item by killing Iosefka before I killed Rom, which kind of sucks. The complete lack of hand-holding is refreshing, otherwise.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Where can I find this axe? Been using Tonitris. I'm level 69, gotten him to 10% a few times but I get over zealous and swing too fast and boom, parry/eviscerate.
It is the 2hand version of the Hunter Axe and it is a starter weapon. You should be able to buy it from the bath if you found the Saw Badge in Central Y.

Soygen you missed 1 item out of 4 that drop. You need 3 of them for the true ending.

Not normaly a fan of spoilers but i recommend folks look up the cords so they dont miss 1 of the 2 missable ones and where to back up save so you can do all 3 endings on one playthrough.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Thanks. I read up on them and should be good to go with the other missable one.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah 2h Axe until you get Ludwigs pretty much is EZ mode for this game, in general.