Bloodborne

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
REALLY want this to come to PC, about to go do another play through. Maybe do a skill or arcane build this time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
REALLY want this to come to PC, about to go do another play through. Maybe do a skill or arcane build this time.
Arcane build is very interesting, I imagine the beginning of the game might be a little difficult but once you start getting the right runes and weapons/spells of choice you'll be a monster

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Specifically, I'm speaking of those reaper dudes. I have 40 vitality, so I'm guessing they must easily one-shot players who have far less. Yeah, I know, "git gud" and don't get hit...

But, to my other point, I find it super odd that after hitting a mob several times they will end up having no visible hit points on their bar. I've finished them off literally with a pebble.
They hit really hard. There is an easy way to beat them though once you learn it.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I've been farming them in Hypogean Gaol. They just sometimes get lucky hits in.
Yeah they can forever be a problem due to their speed and strength. That was my favorite place to farm though. You can rack up tens of thousands of souls in about 5min.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah they can forever be a problem due to their speed and strength. That was my favorite place to farm though. You can rack up tens of thousands of souls in about 5min.
Can you "out level" bosses? IIRC, you couldn't really do that in Dark Souls. Or, the effectiveness was reduced.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Can you "out level" bosses? IIRC, you couldn't really do that in Dark Souls. Or, the effectiveness was reduced.
Yes definitely in the sense you can fight them doing way more damage than normal for the intended encounter level.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, I've been farming them in Hypogean Gaol. They just sometimes get lucky hits in.
There’s one there right next to a lamp that can’t get through the stairwell that goes down. Can lure him into there and then poke him to death and then reset with the lamp as much as you want. Rarely drops twin shards for upgrades as well

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You can in both, but during a normal play through its hard to be leveled enough to really out level anything.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You can in both, but during a normal play through its hard to be leveled enough to really out level anything.

I don't know, in Dark Souls it seems like whichever boss you do after getting the Lordvessel is difficult, but they get progressively easier since they all seem about evenly tuned.

I usually do 4 kings last cause i hate new londo and i've never bothered to really learn the mechanics since i can just brute force it by that point

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
RECOMMENDED LEVELS

Levels 10-25 * Central Yharnam

Levels 25-35 * Cathedral Ward * Old Yharnam * Healing Church Workshop

Levels 30-40 * Hemwick Charnel Lane

Levels 35-45 * Yahar' Gul The Unseen Village * Lecture Building 1F

Levels 40-50 * Forbidden Woods * Iosefka's Clinic

Levels 45-55 * Forsaken Cainhurst Castle

Levels 50-60 * Nightmare Frontier

Levels 55-65 * Byrgenwerth

Levels 60-70 * Yahar' Gul The Unseen Village (During Blood Moon) * Upper Cathedral Ward * Lecture Building 2F

Levels 70-80 * Nightmare of Mensis

CHALICE DUNGEONS (along with their ROOT Equivalent)

Levels 30+ * Pthumerian Labyrinth

Levels 40+ * Central Pthumerian Labyrinth * Hintertomb

Levels 70+ * Lower Hintertomb

Levels 80+ * Lower Pthumerian Labyrinth

Levels 100+ * Ailing Loran * Cursed Pthumerian Defilement

Levels 140+ * Lower Loran * Isz Gravestone * Pthumeru Ihyll

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Been awhile, but I think that is one of the few fights in the base game that is really actually hard without parrying.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This fight savaged me until I got good at parrying - honestly the only fight I recall needing to parry.
Which firearm did you use? Pistol or blunderbuss or something else?

Also I read that the Cannon can nearly one-shot bosses. Any effectiveness against this one?

• 1Like

Dodsengel

Trakanon Raider
Which firearm did you use? Pistol or blunderbuss or something else?

Also I read that the Cannon can nearly one-shot bosses. Any effectiveness against this one?
I don't recall, probably blunderbuss? I never used the cannon. This video is very helpful

• 1Like