Bloodborne

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Same thing happened to me. I had ton of challenge with the first few bosses of the vanilla game, then I entered the chalice dungeons and at some point the blood echoes reward becomes just too high for the difficulty. You end up overleveled and everything else in the game, including the DLC, is completely trivial. I oneshoted everything in the DLC except the last boss at lvl 90-100 just like you. I could just tank the bosses and chug vials without any sort of skill.

The number of blood echoes you receive in chalice dungeons depths 3 or 4 is just too high considering the difficulty of the ennemies.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this game ever going to come out for PC. DS is easily my favorite franchise of all time and I don't say that lightly.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I just finished the DLC a few days ago at level 98, and only had to repeat a single boss more than once. Two bosses were pretty close calls, but only the final boss took more than one attempt. I was a little disappointed, but I guess I was comparing the difficulty to the cursed Chalice Dungeons I was playing back when I got my plat and stopped.
I probably should push through and see how much harder it gets on NG+, as I probably was overleveled by quite a bit.

NG+ is pretty easy even at level 80 or so but NG+ DLC is turned up to where even at 150 or so I was getting my ass kicked on the regular.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I just got a a mental block after defeteing ROM and going to Yara'gul unseen village or what ever. The bell ringers must be purged.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Luckily Chime Maidens aren't really around outside of there and the Labyrinth.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Only way I could see it getting to PC is if a 3rd party did the project for From/Sony. Which you would just end up with a shitty port.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, probably the only way to see Bloodborne on PC is with an emulator. It was the same thing with Demon Souls, but the emulation community is pretty tenacious about getting Soulsborne games ported so you might have a chance there.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Gonna be a long time til we ever see a PS4 emulator sadly, it is probably a headache too look at it even though it is a AMD chip, who knows how much custom hardware they put into it..

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is this game ever going to come out for PC. DS is easily my favorite franchise of all time and I don't say that lightly.
Yeah, probably the only way to see Bloodborne on PC is with an emulator. It was the same thing with Demon Souls, but the emulation community is pretty tenacious about getting Soulsborne games ported so you might have a chance there.
Gonna be a long time til we ever see a PS4 emulator sadly, it is probably a headache too look at it even though it is a AMD chip, who knows how much custom hardware they put into it..

You can play this via streaming on PlayStation Now currently. Started up the 7 day free trial. It works with an XBOX360 Wireless controller.

Love it so far, but fuck Father Gascoigne, and whoever made the lamp so damn far from his area.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You can play this via streaming on PS Now currenlty. Started up the 7 day free trial. It works with an XBOX360 Wireless controller.

Love it so far, but fuck Father Gascoigne, and whoever made the lamp so damn far from his area.

You running from the bridge using the elevator shortcut?

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I assure you he ain't. Shortcuts take some getting used to! There is an elevator shortcut that makes Gascoigne like 60 seconds from the central Yharnam gate. But you have to open the gate on the left hand side of the spawnpoint and the elevator from the dark house to the left of the bridge (if you are facing it) to get it.

Evernothing

You running from the bridge using the elevator shortcut?
Yeah I am. Left from lamp, in house, across bridge, down sewer, kill pig, past guy that rolls the boulder.

It takes like 3 min to run there, not including loading screens. Just anoying when I keep getting him down to like 5% hp before making a fatal mistake.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am. Left from lamp, in house, across bridge, down sewer, kill pig, past guy that rolls the boulder.

It takes like 3 min to run there, not including loading screens. Just anoying when I keep getting him down to like 5% hp before making a fatal mistake.

Why are you going to sewer? Elevator goes directly to the bridge just run across and Gascoigne entrance is past the henchmen.

• 2Like

Evernothing

Oh ok, I just always went down past the pig. I'll try that tonight. The one nice thing is the pig always gives 2 - 4 blood vials.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I envy you playing this for the first time. It's an amazing game, start to finish.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Saw Cleaver / Blunderbuss. Am I doing it wrong?

Everyone is going to have different opinions but the axe has a ton of utility. Especially in polearm mode. Saw cleaver and the saw type weapons have a damage bonus versus Beasts. So they are good on them. There are a number of weapons you can get pretty early that are all very strong too. Unlike other souls games the weapons move sets are all useful. Some of enemy weakness is hard to come by unless you're pouring over item descriptions and lore. But they are there.

I started with the Saw cleaver on my first play through but then started using the axe for its versatility as the saw trick mode is pretty bad.

All of the weapons are viable on a first run. The only ones you will want to avoid are the Arcane style weapons that require certain stat investments to work better than what you just find along the way.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I used Ludwig's Holy Blade in my first playthrough. Used it exclusively in greatsword form.