Bloodborne

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You mean you cleared the first two out of three layers in Pthumeru Chalice, right ? That dungeon network is ranked as depth 1 in difficulty. It leads further down to 6 additional dungeons in the Pthumeru network spread out in a total of 16 layers. However you can't reach the lowest depth where the Queen resides until you get all the chalice items needed for the ritual. For that you have to venture into other dungeons outside the Pthumeru network. They are the Hintertomb ( 6 layers) , Loran (6 layers) and IsZ (3 layers) dungeon networks and rank from 3-5 in depth difficulty. If you are up for a challenge I would advice you to soldier on, it's worth it in the end and feels like a whole separate game.

Yeah, the Chalice dungeons may as well be a separate game. When I was platinuming Bloodborne I would say I spent about as much time in Chalice dungeons as I did in the rest of the game combined. They're kind of dull and mundane appearance-wise but you can fight tons upon tons of optional bosses in those places. Some, like the Watchdog of Old Lords, were tougher for me than anything in the main game.

If one is going to do anything from Bloodborne, I'd say prioritize main game > Old Hunters > Chalice Dungeons in that order. Chalice is definitely the lowest-tier of the three. It's for people who do everything and still want to do more with the game.

Also I'd advise not going to NG+ if you plan on playing the DLC or Chalice Dungeons. Stop before the Gehrman fight and do everything then. They're much MUCH harder in NG+ than NG, so there's very little point in waiting for NG+ to do them. A lot of folks do that, go "oh I'll try those during NG+" and it's ill-advised in this particular game. Course, I also advise playing NG+ too, but only after you've done everything you want to do in NG.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's all the way down in Loran, sadly you have to face a second harder one in the lower Loran in the same small arena.
Pretty sure it was the 2nd that made me walk away, I remember fighting 2 down there. Incredible experience aside from that (and even that was awesome, I just suck.). =)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Also I'd advise not going to NG+ if you plan on playing the DLC or Chalice Dungeons. Stop before the Gehrman fight and do everything then. They're much MUCH harder in NG+ than NG, so there's very little point in waiting for NG+ to do them. A lot of folks do that, go "oh I'll try those during NG+" and it's ill-advised in this particular game. Course, I also advise playing NG+ too, but only after you've done everything you want to do in NG.
Agreed for DLC content but not for Chalice Dungeons, as their difficulty does not change with NG+. But regardless of that I always prefer to clear everything I can before even contemplating NG+

• 1Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Pretty sure it was the 2nd that made me walk away, I remember fighting 2 down there. Incredible experience aside from that (and even that was awesome, I just suck.). =)
Nah, I don't think you suck if you got that far. It's just that some bosses are just more of a PITA than others.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Agreed for DLC content but not for Chalice Dungeons, as their difficulty does not change with NG+. But regardless of that I always prefer to clear everything I can before even contemplating NG+

Didn't know that, that's good to know for the remaster so I won't have to do the Chalice dungeons on NG. I'd prefer to do them on NG++ or so and have it be the last trophy I get. Actually explains why I got rolled by some Chalice bosses, if they're intended to be a challenge throughout + games too.

• 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
As far as I can tell, From hasn't developed any of their remasters, so I don't think it would impact Elden Ring. Dark Souls Remastered was developed by QLOC. Demons Souls was developed by BluePoint.
True, a remaster by bluepoint probably be good.

• 2Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Didn't know that, that's good to know for the remaster so I won't have to do the Chalice dungeons on NG. I'd prefer to do them on NG++ or so and have it be the last trophy I get. Actually explains why I got rolled by some Chalice bosses, if they're intended to be a challenge throughout + games too.
You also have the Uncanny/Lost versions of your weapon of choice to consider for farming depending on what build your focusing on. You need the root chalice of that dungeon where your specific weapon of choice drops. If I remember correctly Lost weapons have one of each Radial/triangle/waning slot , while Uncanny have two Radial slots while the third one is either a waning or triangle slot.
After that it's time for depth 5 gem farming in FRC dungeons created with triple offerings , Fetid, Rotted, Cursed. Best gems in the game drop here but depending on your level it can be a nightmare. Your HP is cut by 50% and monsters hit you like in NG+7. For late blood echoes farming I would suggest tripple-cursed dungeons, your HP is cut by 98.44% and trash mobs easily one shot you if you are not careful, but the bone ash hunters in there nets you close to half a mill each with all three heir runes equipped.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Awesome video, but that guys narration puts me to sleep.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No news on the Bloodborne remaster makes me a Sad Panda as the people slightly younger than me say. It's right up there with a remaster of the Metroid Prime Trilogy as far as things that would actually get me excited in 2021 go. Both have been rumored for a while, and the wait is killing me. At least we're finally getting an HD remaster of Skyward Sword and a Pokemon Gen 4 remake, which were on the "A-Tier" of my most-wanted remasters right under BB/MPT.

And where the hell is Metroid Prime 4?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sony couldn't even be bothered making a PS4 Pro patch for Bloodborne, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a PS5 update let alone a PC version.

• 1Slow

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I don't think Elden ring is coming out until the next generation of the console which will have an MSRP of $1,2000.
KRA! I am going to platinum BB this week, I need beast claw and kill the pthumerian queen. Then finish off the DLC, I shouldn't have started the DLC on NG+.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, I don't think Elden ring is coming out until the next generation of the console which will have an MSRP of $1,2000.
KRA! I am going to platinum BB this week, I need beast claw and kill the pthumerian queen. Then finish off the DLC, I shouldn't have started the DLC on NG+.
Yeah BB NG+ DLC is a massive jump in difficulty, more so then any other souls game.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's key to do the DLC on NG before continuing to NG+. Can do the Chalice dungeons whenever, can do that in NG+. Might even want to start over rather than beat your head against NG+ Old Hunters. I dunno. Good players would scoff at me for that. I had to start Demon's Souls over because I borked my world tendencies and World 4 was at like NG++ difficulty. Took me less time (about 6 hours) to get back to where I was than I had spent beating my head against World 4 (about 8 hours).

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's key to do the DLC on NG before continuing to NG+. Can do the Chalice dungeons whenever, can do that in NG+. Might even want to start over rather than beat your head against NG+ Old Hunters. I dunno. Good players would scoff at me for that. I had to start Demon's Souls over because I borked my world tendencies and World 4 was at like NG++ difficulty. Took me less time (about 6 hours) to get back to where I was than I had spent beating my head against World 4 (about 8 hours).

Git gud, faggot

• 6Worf
  • 2Ice Burn
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
not holding my breath till Sony actually announces something *shrug*

I have a feeling well see something on bloodborne 2 before we see any kind of info on a PC/PS5(Upgrade) for Bloodborne..

Have you seen the guy who actually got it too work at 60fps/720p .. the animations are a mess at that speed.