Bloodshot (2020)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Bloodshot (2020)

Genre: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Dave Wilson

Cast: Vin Diesel, Eiza González, Jóhannes Haukur Jóhannesson, Michael Sheen, Toby Kebbell, Sam Heughan, Talulah Riley, Alex Hernandez, Guy Pearce, Siddharth Dhananjay, Lamorne Morris, Maarten Römer, Tamer Burjaq, Patrick Kerton, Ryan Kruger, Alex Anlos, Clyde Berning, Tyrel Meyer

Release: 2020-02-20

Plot: After he and his wife are murdered, marine Ray Garrison is resurrected by a team of scientists. Enhanced with nanotechnology, he becomes a superhuman, biotech killing machine - Bloodshot. As Ray first trains with fellow super-soldiers, he cannot recall anything from his former life. But when his memories flood back and he remembers the man that killed both him and his wife, he breaks out of the facility to get revenge, only to discover that there's more to the conspiracy than he thought.

Caliane

Looks solid.

Valiant cinematic universe.
ok.

Rebel Wilson as Faith.
Harbringer would probably be best as a Series.
Quantum and Woody could be a movie, I think.

spronk

FPS noob
The company behind this IP, the guys who own the Valiant cinematic universe, unfortunately fucked up badly a few years ago. They licensed bloodshot to Sony but licensed other characters to Paramount Studios, similar to Marvel and X-Men/Spidey/FF4/etc. So Sony could do more Bloodshot movies but they couldn't build out a valiant universe.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, fuck it, I'm all in on this one. Always liked the Valiant universe, even though I didn't read enough to really understand all of it, and that effect where it blows his face off is pretty fucking awesome, so I might even see this in theaters. Haven't really seen anything but MCU movies in the theater for several years.

Also, this bitch doesn't have to go back. I'll let her culturally enrich me.
MV5BYjI0MjU0YjgtNzRkZC00ZGNlLWEyMzMtOGM2MDEzZDFlYmRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA1OTA1Njk@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I've always been pretty big into Valiant comics, but honestly Bloodshot was never one of the best. Rai and Magnus: Robot Fighter were my favorites back in the day. And the new Rai was like Blade Runner on steroids.

Which, I was excited at first when they started bringing the characters back. But the way they do it with strings of limited series, huge gaps in releases, it's fucked. There's no continuity. If you wanted to be up to speed on the new Harbinger or XO Manowar series, you'd have to span like 7 different titles over several years. Fucking annoying.

Whatever though, I'll give it a shot, but I imagine this is going to translate to a pretty generic action movie. I'd be way more interested in a series based on Eternal Warrior or Archer and Armstrong

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well, I will say Vin Diesel is one of my guilty pleasures. I will most likely watch whatever he makes, specifically anything science-fiction or fantasy based.

Must stay this trailer looked good - aside from that mechanical body suit on the "bad guy". But I guess he needs something "super-human" to fight, and better a Doctor Octopus knock-off than some super monster.

I say Doc Oc knock-off with no comic book knowledge, so if the mechanical suit bad guy is someone famous in these comics, please forgive my transgressions. And get a life, nerd!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Well, I will say Vin Diesel is one of my guilty pleasures. I will most likely watch whatever he makes, specifically anything science-fiction or fantasy based.

Must stay this trailer looked good - aside from that mechanical body suit on the "bad guy". But I guess he needs something "super-human" to fight, and better a Doctor Octopus knock-off than some super monster.

I say Doc Oc knock-off with no comic book knowledge, so if the mechanical suit bad guy is someone famous in these comics, please forgive my transgressions. And get a life, nerd!

And Guy Pearce!

I’m in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if they wanted to make a VCU, shouldn't they have just copied Marvel and started out with XO manowar first instead of bloodshot?

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Did those colossal jeniuses just give up the twist in the first trailer?
It looks good but i hope they saved some for the movie itself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure all of those are a different movie studio.

That was my understanding.

The company behind this IP, the guys who own the Valiant cinematic universe, unfortunately fucked up badly a few years ago. They licensed bloodshot to Sony but licensed other characters to Paramount Studios, similar to Marvel and X-Men/Spidey/FF4/etc. So Sony could do more Bloodshot movies but they couldn't build out a valiant universe.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
hrm, traditionally Bloodshot was nothing if not super fucking gory. Not sure how they pull that off with pg13.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
^^^ CGI in the effects, I'm sure you won't even notice. Totally seamless!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database