Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (From the creator of Symphony of the Night)

Beyond excited for this. Castlevania as a franchise is my favorite of all time. The first game I ever bought was CV1 and from that moment I was hooked. It's incredibly exciting to see IGA give fans a spiritual successor in the wake of the Konami shitstorm. I just wish Ayami Kojima was coming back to head up the art direction.

TL;DR: Backed and pissing myself with glee.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great to see Koji Igarashi going off on his own and so many people rushing to support him. We need more creative powerhouses to break their corporate shackles.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm in for a digital copy. They are blowing the doors off on their goals right now. Almost 1.5 million.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Backed at $60 also, pretty exciting to see.

Btw (somewhat unrelated), what was the name of the 2d side scroller that came out for PS3, I think it was, maybe 2-3 years ago? Had a couple of playable characters, an upgrade system, kind of gothic style... shit it is on the tip of my tongue. Done a few searches but can't come up wit anything
frown.png
frown.png
I know there was a thread here back in the day.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No.. that looks more Trine'ish and this wasn't exactly like that. I've looked through lists on the metroidvania Reddit and metroidvania.com and can't figure it out. I know there were some complaints about FPS issues when it came out, hell it may have even been PS2 and was much longer ago than it seems. Could have sworn Sean started the thread about it but went back and searched with no luck, but didn't find people posting all their 2012 games and 2013 libraries and nothing jumped out from the lists. Possibly I'm imagining it, but it is only 1:30 pm and not drinking yet.

edit: Ah fuck! Found it. It wasOdin Sphere. It was PS2 afterall from 2007.. so yeah just like 2-3 years ago and you could get it for PS3 on PSN. Doesn't look like it is on PS4 or Steam though.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't even care about the stretch goals, just gimme the game. Although local co-op could be interesting maybe.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, stretch goals on video games are usually retarded. It always seems like shit they were going to put into the game, regardless.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sometimes it's features that they can put a specific time-cost on that they want to add but don't have budgeted at the baseline price. Sometimes it's just sales pitch though. Pretty much like anything in any Kickstarter.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
edit: Ah fuck! Found it. It wasOdin Sphere. It was PS2 afterall from 2007.. so yeah just like 2-3 years ago and you could get it for PS3 on PSN. Doesn't look like it is on PS4 or Steam though.
Odin Sphere was an amazing game that pushed the limits of the PS2 graphics, but it wasn't really metroidvania.

Yeah, stretch goals on video games are usually retarded. It always seems like shit they were going to put into the game, regardless.
No way man, they need that 250,000 to add a speedrun mode.

Nulolan

N00b
SoTN is my favorite game of all time, I use to always say I have two favorite games of all time (not including EQ) FF tactics and castlevania SoTN, but really I come back and play castlevania waay more then tactics. Needless to say I am super excited for this!

Siliconemelons

Konami really screwed the pootch with the last CV game, the first one and the 3ds one where good...but wtf...

The "bad" IGA games where at least fun rehashes and the good ones where very good- SOTN, AOS, OOE etc.

Wonder how "M" the game will be? female lead? where are the succubi!

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
SoTN is my favorite game of all time, I use to always say I have two favorite games of all time (not including EQ) FF tactics and castlevania SoTN, but really I come back and play castlevania waay more then tactics. Needless to say I am super excited for this!
A man of taste. They're both in my top 5 and SotN makes the top two or three. This will be my first kickstart contribution.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Ok, now we just need a spiritual successor to Super Metroid. I've been wanting a good metroidvania game for a long time, so hopefully this will be successful and more will be made.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Axiom Verge for PS4 is a pretty good Metroid homage. I'm really enjoying it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Odin Sphere was an amazing game that pushed the limits of the PS2 graphics, but it wasn't really metroidvania.
Yeah as I'm finally playing it I can see that. Really enjoying it still.

Axiom Verge is very fun. Was going to platinum it but for some reason even though I have all the individual full map, all items, all tools, etc trophies it won't give me the 'collect all the shit' main trophy.