Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (From the creator of Symphony of the Night)

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also, Valdis Story on pc/(mac version also just came out) is a very good metroidvania game. And holy shit, the big update with new playable characters just came out at the beginning of this month. Gonna have to play me some valdis story in the meantime.
Controller is required unless you want your hands to cramp after a few minutes play. Also some of the time trials are difficult the first time, even with a controller.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Got sent a demo key last night for this. Pretty much Symphony of the Night which is all I wanted so I'm happy. The boss of the demo is over the top and fun, a bit easy but I think this is supposed to be the first area of the game so not surprised. Couple things I hope to see by release, confirmation that you want to go back to the menu (currently it just pops you right out and I accidentally did that trying to switch weapons) and I hope they speed the player character up a bit or maybe it's something that happens in the game when you level or get an item.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't think I did the Kickstarter tier high enough to get the demo. This is one of the games I'm most looking forward to right now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Watched the demo of this. But it seems a little slow paced at the moment compared to how I prefer my side-scrollers to be. I absolutely LOVED Shovel Knight, Rayman Origins, etc.

But I haven't found a more recent one that I really enjoyed just yet.

Siliconemelons

I think I got the demo, I got some email I have not looked at this morning - but its only steam right?

Castlevanias have always been "slower" side scrollers than megaman and even Mario - and that's what shovel knight and rayman are more like.

Siliconemelons

this "actual" talk about the release date was "we do not have an ACTUAL release date...still" but they gave a date for the new demo.

Edit: oh and they made the sea monster's tittys smaller :(

1522873204004.png

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Latest backer email TLDR: is - brought in the studio that did shontae

TLDR: what that "means" = they are most likely starting over on everything cept story and art...

I remember IGA was complaining about getting the 3d system to "act" 2d in the first months and years of this project, THE SAME DAMN THING he complained about in making the PSP Drac X remaster... cept that shit got made, I do not know why this is always an issue or, why he cant figure it out and needs an entirely new damn team to come in.

Siliconemelons

Got the Jan backer email - as usual no news on release just "hey new feature to the shard crafting system!"

I was like "it's doing that feature bloat thing and it's never going to get released!" Yet... YET

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been rated by the ESRB - Nintendo Everything

It's gotten and ESRB! THAT they should have put in the email- but they essentially said last time, that they mentioned release was, they won't mention release until it's 100% set - aka, leaks etc will happen before "official" announcement.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man I hope this is good and not another MN9. The 2.5D thing has had me worried from the beginning though. I have never played a 2.5D game that was good or felt good to play. Also so sluggish and ugly.

Siliconemelons

Did you play Drac X/ Rondo on the PSP remake? it was 2.5D and it was all right but as you said, there is still that feeling that it was not "right" when you have the direct 2d version to play.

however Mirror of Fate the 3ds Castlevania reboot was great in 2.5d and had none of those issues imo.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a copy of the original Rondo of Blood so never bought the remakes. I do have the steam version of mirror of fate but its been a long time since I played it and really remember next to nothing about it.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah as I'm finally playing it I can see that. Really enjoying it still.

Axiom Verge is very fun. Was going to platinum it but for some reason even though I have all the individual full map, all items, all tools, etc trophies it won't give me the 'collect all the shit' main trophy.

Did you get the 3 secret weapons from the 3 hidden zones in the alternate dimension?

Siliconemelons

Axion verge did its presentation, style and atmosphere a little too well, it messed with me a little - the visuals music and even the plot elements all together were honestly perfect- but damn it was a trip for my brain- the static areas where a tipping point - aka the 3 secret areas. I never could find the secret item in mine, but I was on "normal" mode, I think in that mode only 1 of the 3 secret zones had a bonus weapon