Board Games

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Phaz: Just skip Arkham and go for Eldritch - your wallet and sanity will thank you.

It scratches the same itch cheaper and without nearly the insane level of bookkeeping that Arkham did.

Vaclav

That's Smash Up under King of Tokyo, isn't it? Anyway, that picture made me anxious for when my lease is up and I move into a house later this year. I can't wait to have enough space to devote a wall to board games.
I need to buy some worth shelving for my collection - I've been cheap thusfar and just used garage shelving, heh.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Why drop all that on Cthulhu wars when you can buy Chaos in the Old World which is the same exact game pretty much (and is awesome, we love it and still play it)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I've got KDM! There it is up on top! Bought it black Friday, I've yet to open it. Kind of dreading the million hours to put it together before I can play it.

rrr_img_127375.jpg
I find it hilarious that you put the bigger, blacker box the same way I do. Though your collection trumps mine. Also recently cleaned mine up a bit.

rrr_img_127391.jpg

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
DeLLy how do you like Posthuman? I really wanted to get it, but I heard it can run really long and have a runaway leader issue at times. trying to decide if I should throw caution to the wind. I like all these collection pictures. so as long as I did this right, here is my collection after my recent purge. Most of the front facing games have a bunch of KS extras secretly piled behind them lol. Feel free to ignore the Christmas lights having an under 2 year old has made my wife and I lazy this year, so we still have Christmas stuff everywhere heh. Also the picture turned out much darker than the original. My poor Darth Vader now just looks like a blachole/square. Absent from this I have some Mars Attacks miniature stuff (working on selling) and some 40k Necron Stuff. Also anxiously awaiting Kodama, 7th Continent, Tiny Epic Kingdoms /w expansion, Conan, and Lunarchitects from KS......Onoes, you have about 9 games I would love to try! Heck deLLy has 6 more I would love to get my hands on as well.

rrr_img_127454.jpg

Vaclav

Fubar: That the Target modular shelving stuff? Definitely the style I'd like to go with, if you remember where you got.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Fubar: That the Target modular shelving stuff? Definitely the style I'd like to go with, if you remember where you got.
The shelving is 8 of the 4 block Ikea EXPEDIT shelves all stacked. I wanted more, but I needed a spot for big games that do not fit. Sadly, Expedit has been discontinued, but it was replaced with Kallax, which is also pretty nice (just a little thinner around the outside and with rounded corners). I think I will eventually need to upgrade to it and get these a new home or use them for something else. Edit: I will say they are the perfect size cubes for most games.

Vaclav

The shelving is 8 of the 4 block Ikea EXPEDIT shelves all stacked. I wanted more, but I needed a spot for big games that do not fit. Sadly, Expedit has been discontinued, but it was replaced with Kallax, which is also pretty nice (just a little thinner around the outside and with rounded corners). I think I will eventually need to upgrade to it and get these a new home or use them for something else. Edit: I will say they are the perfect size cubes for most games.
KALLAX series - IKEAdoesn't look rounded.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
It is very very minor rounding. You need to be up close to see it. Here is their marketing blurb: the KALLAX is a slight tweak on the beloved shelving system: a more scratch-resistant surface, slightly rounded corners, and thinner outer boards, but the same internal dimensions (see the full side-by-side image after the jump).

Vaclav

It is very very minor rounding. You need to be up close to see it. Here is their marketing blurb: the KALLAX is a slight tweak on the beloved shelving system: a more scratch-resistant surface, slightly rounded corners, and thinner outer boards, but the same internal dimensions (see the full side-by-side image after the jump).
Yea, must just be so it's less likely the corners scratch the other cubes, literally can't be seen in the online pic even super-zooming - but looks solid to me, shame it's like a 90 min hike to get to the nearest IKEA for me though.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Same for us...well depending on traffic. It can be as short as 45mins or as long as 90 mins. They also sell some zip up bags that are supposed to be perfect for transporting games (people swear by them on BGG), but I have not looked for them yet. We do not get out there often, maybe couple of times a year, but when we do I am forced to plan our trip so we get their around lunch time. I do not care what they are made of, wife and I love their meatball meal heh

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Ikea opening in Vegas this summer. Just moved into a new house. My comic statues and growing board game collection that mostly lives at other people's houses right now can't wait!
smile.png

Vaclav

Same for us...well depending on traffic. It can be as short as 45mins or as long as 90 mins. They also sell some zip up bags that are supposed to be perfect for transporting games (people swear by them on BGG), but I have not looked for them yet. We do not get out there often, maybe couple of times a year, but when we do I am forced to plan our trip so we get their around lunch time. I do not care what they are made of, wife and I love their meatball meal heh
Indeed, their cafeteria is amazing for the price. (Wife here is obsessed with lingonberry stuff because of them - again something almost entirely unique to them)

And I tend to invite people over rather than transporting mine so the bag thing sounds worthless to me - although I do know a friend that I had to help collect pieces in the parking lot of our meetup more than once that would likely benefit from something like that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a pretty large heroscape collection. This Kickstarter looks like it would scratch the digital itch. Graphics look pretty cool.

alert icon

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I went to a birthday party this last weekend to play some board games and nerd out.

We played Ticket to Ride, Fluxx, Space Team (phone game), and some snake like game with boats something Japanese.

Liked the games but hate hate hate when people aren't actually focused on the game and take 15 minutes a turn. I get that you are drinking and having a good time just be seem efficient at your turn is all!!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck yes. You a Heroscaper?
I haven't played in a while but I used to quite a bit. I have at least one of everything except the jungle and the last d&d set. Custom painted a few of the extra sets I have. Pretty solid game, so many combinations and so easy to pick up.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I went to a birthday party this last weekend to play some board games and nerd out.

We played Ticket to Ride, Fluxx, Space Team (phone game), and some snake like game with boats something Japanese.

Liked the games but hate hate hate when people aren't actually focused on the game and take 15 minutes a turn. I get that you are drinking and having a good time just be seem efficient at your turn is all!!
Tsuro of the Seas? Been wanting to pick that up, how was it? (assuming that IS the game you played)