Board Games

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If you are in to trying it I believe they have an OCTGN module for it so it's technically free if you hunt down all the right stuff.
All versions are also on table top sim
smile.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wasn't sure if they were or not. I really wish there was a better way to find games and sort games on there.
What is the issue? I google best board games of whatever year or check this thread, then search the tabletop sim workshop for the title. Only issue I run into is 10+ versions of a game I am forced to sub to them all and then load up each one to find the best version.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for pointing me to that Dresden one. Definitely getting in on that.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I helped create Red Dragon Inn back when it was still called Tavern Brawl. Man have they milked the shit out of that game with like 10 expansions.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Not true. Twilight Struggle has zero expansions. Twilight Imperium had one expansion. Through the Ages has zero expansions.

In the case of RDI, I just think it's crazy. They are basically just reskinning things and adding like 1 card to each new hero and saying it's different. The game is fun. It's great for what it is. The "expansions" are pretty lazy. That's Geoff though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Above was more of a semi sarcastic reply, seems like every board game I like has at least 2 expansions with some upwards of 10+

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Most games are publishing with 2-3 expansions already made and at the printer. I hate that trend. I'm glad some games have stopped the bloat. Then there are other games like Dominion that said they were stopping, sold out at Gencon the year they said they were done in like 15 minutes and then have pooped out like 3 more since then.

Expansions should enhance the game some way. It shouldn't be some bloated reskin. When I look at a local publisher like Slugfest I shake my head when he is in the same store doing demos with someone like Curt from Smirk and Dagger. Cutthroat Caverns is a fun game. One expansion was sort of bloaty, then Curt smartened up and each new expansion added something to the game. Then he stopped making them.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Looking to get back into board games so started plowing through the last 10 or so pages of this thread.. Consensus seems to be Kingdom Death is excellent, but how the hell do you buy it? Says sold out on their website but expansions are available?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Looking to get back into board games so started plowing through the last 10 or so pages of this thread.. Consensus seems to be Kingdom Death is excellent, but how the hell do you buy it? Says sold out on their website but expansions are available?
Try local comic shop.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I had been waiting on KD:M until my tax refund came in, and checked today and it's now out of stock, after having been in stock for like a month+ straight. Le sigh.

Hate, you're really thinking FLGS's will have a $400 retail game like that? Has that dude (Pootz or w/e) been shipping them to retail? I thought he was doing online only.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can't see kingdom death being at local game stores unless they are a very large one. $400 is a big investment for a small shop to carry on the shelf, and a hard sell when there are so many great games that are $20