Board Games

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Oh man, I was the GM of an Imperial Assault game, I am pretty sure I'm the reason we never played it again. An app for that would be great.

I wish there were more outright PC versions of these games. I played the hell out of Ascension, I'd LOVE for the Legendary system/series of deck builders games to be created in the same way. I tinker w/ Tabletop Simulator but it's just not the same.

Vinsent

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm looking for a few easy-to-play games to play over a lunch hour or in a relatively short evening with a bunch of computer nerd friends/coworkers. Any suggestions (preferably with a low initial investment cost)?

Ill shill for my game here: www.TitansTactics.com

Tactical board-game that plays in 30 minutes or less.

Its my go to lunch-break game.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most of the Renegade Legion games would vastly benefit from either a full Electronic version, or a companion app to handle the crazy details.

Flow charts for inbound damage? Placing 20+ asteroid markers on the field, each of which is supposed to have their own velocity and vector?

300Fighter.png
maxresdefault.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

skylan

Trakanon Raider
So I play some board games but usually it's just myself and my wife. I LOVE small world and Lords of Waterdeep however my wife is just not good at board games / strategy. I have thrown a few games just to make her feel better but with the way she plays I don't see her ever winning a legit game against me.

That being said, is there anything similar to these two that has a bigger "luck" element which will give her a fighting chance (2 player only)?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I play some board games but usually it's just myself and my wife. I LOVE small world and Lords of Waterdeep however my wife is just not good at board games / strategy. I have thrown a few games just to make her feel better but with the way she plays I don't see her ever winning a legit game against me.

That being said, is there anything similar to these two that has a bigger "luck" element which will give her a fighting chance (2 player only)?

My woman probably falls into a similar category - we've taken to mostly playing co-op games together as a result. (Eldritch Horror, Kingdom Death: Monster, X-Com, Mansions of Madness, Descent 2E [w/ the app], etc)

So we win or lose together vs. being against each other.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah sounds like you need some co-op instead. Try zombicide Black Plague?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you can find a copy of the card game Three Pillars it's heavily luck based, has a cool theme and is pretty straight forward. The expansions add a lot of stuff that makes it less straight forward but the main pack and the Lizzie Borden stand alone pack sound like they are what you are looking for.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I just picked up Eldritch Horror and although it is heavier if you don't have much of a gaming background, it is really fun. You can adjust the difficulty easily from quite easy to nearly impossible.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
My nieces kept opening my boardgames while they were here. They're, like, 5 and 8 or something. I was, like, "Okay, cool...I'll play a boardgame with them. What's the simplest one I have?" Took King of Tokyo off the shelf. Got to the part where they needed to roll dice, keep the ones they want, then roll again before I realized even that one was way over their heads.

Should have just broke out Uno or SkipBo like I played with my grandma.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the replies. Eldrich Horrors looks interesting, however I did notice something... off .. in the FAQ section of the game.

First paragraph "Spawn the Shub-Niggurath Epic Monster on The Heart of Africa"

Is that intended as a racist joke or just a bad coincidence? lol

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
My nieces kept opening my boardgames while they were here. They're, like, 5 and 8 or something. I was, like, "Okay, cool...I'll play a boardgame with them. What's the simplest one I have?" Took King of Tokyo off the shelf. Got to the part where they needed to roll dice, keep the ones they want, then roll again before I realized even that one was way over their heads.

Should have just broke out Uno or SkipBo like I played with my grandma.

Try age of war. My 6 year old picked it up in only a couple of try's. Also zombie dice is super easy to pick up.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got my copy of Secret Hitler and played that this weekend. Fun game, probably better with 6+ though (we had 5, the minimum).

Very similar to The Resistance.