Board Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Post pics of the Nemesis sundrop models if you would please. I fucked up and got the gameplay all-in but somehow didn't get sundrop although I meant to.

Not the end of the world since I know how to replicate the process which I'll do if I get this game to catch on in my playgroup. I'm assuming core game has green aliens but I heard there are blue and purple as well?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Here are the models from the base game:

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

I also got the Carnomorph and Void Seeker Expansions, but I haven't opened them up yet. I believe they are different colors. I didn't want to open them until I played the base game more and got more familiar with the rules. Eventually when I get around to opening them I can post a pic of each as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Here are the models from the base game:

I also got the Carnomorph and Void Seeker Expansions, but I haven't opened them up yet. I believe they are different colors. I didn't want to open them until I played the base game more and got more familiar with the rules. Eventually when I get around to opening them I can post a pic of each as well.

Sweet, thanks man. Void Seeker is purple and Carnomorph red from what I've seen. Pretty good coverage on the color from earlier examples I've seen. I can definitely duplicate that without a ton of work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had a blast doing mine and way cheaper. Its a really fun game, we have had some epic shit happen like the Queen showing up when trying to get in the escape pods and everyone dying it was so fitting lol

16221396907594102876692871992960.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that skin stippled or a metallic sparkly blue? Hard to tell.
The latter. It's just a model paint I found at the local hobby store and applied it over a black basecoat. Only took me a couple hours total to do everything. lts metallic looking and mimics that alien exoskeleton look and looks better imo when it changes color in darker lighting to a more dark purplish but harder to get on camera. Can see it a little bit on the alien on the left on its tail where its in the shadow of the other alien or on top of the queens head and on the left side of her which is away from the light. Then I added shit tons of blood because Aliens.

20210527_164956_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We got to play Dune Imperium for the first time last week and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to running it back tonight now that we know what cards there are to aim for and the structure of the conflict deck.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Lolol... this guy is fucking pathetic...

One thing that does deserve dwelling on, however, is the ending of the previous update. In it, I made it sound like anyone who canceled their Frosthaven pledge did so because they were a racist. That was 100% not my intention at all. The whole point of hiring a cultural consultant is to eliminate casual ideas and phrases that can hurt people. Instead of being welcoming in my language, I pushed people away, and for that, I sincerely apologize.

I just want everyone to know that my main goal going forward is to do things that will make this hobby better and more inclusive for anyone who enjoys playing board games. I am also committing to having future updates with sensitive topics reviewed to make sure my intent is better communicated.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I watched a little of this video and you can tell he isn’t really into this, but he’s trying. He sounds like he’s just trying to parrot shit someone else has told him. Pretty lame.

• 1Pathetic

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck him. That being said Gloomhaven has given me many hours of fun. I'll wait for the next game that use it's best mechanics and streamlines or improves the rest.

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I watched a little of this video and you can tell he isn’t really into this, but he’s trying. He sounds like he’s just trying to parrot shit someone else has told him. Pretty lame.

To be fair, he always sounds like that. Interviews with him are fucking atrocious.

I dunno how he made one of the best games ever.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, he always sounds like that. Interviews with him are fucking atrocious.

I dunno how he made one of the best games ever.
Ah I’ve never seen an interview with him. He just seems like he has no idea what he’s talking about. Grasping for terms, letting the other guy fill in what he’s saying. Seems like an idiot. Probably a rich idiot!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Why can't he just be like Adam Poots and give 0 fucks about what people think? If the game is good, he'd still rake in the money.

• 2Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
In things no one cares about, but I'm pretty hype about, I qualified in to Fire 2 Open's Terra Mystica season 2 tournament for this year. I'm pretty happy about it. Linked below is the finals of last season. It doesn't really mean anything, because it's a smaller community, and there isn't a cash prize or anything, but it's still nice. Especially because I have very little recent experience and a lot of these guys play a lot.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
Nice work! congrats!

I much prefer Gaia Project but I struggle to get to play it. I might dive more into Terra since there's a number of digital options for it

Kulgan

Molten Core Raider
Not out yet, but just Kickstarted today: Heroes of Barcadia

Looks like a lot of fun to play.

**Disclaimer: my cousin is the one who started the company. But if it was a shitty game I wouldn't post it.

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Not out yet, but just Kickstarted today: Heroes of Barcadia

Looks like a lot of fun to play.

**Disclaimer: my cousin is the one who started the company. But if it was a shitty game I wouldn't post it.

Game looks cute. Price point seems a bit off, I'd have expected more like 30-40 tops. I'd likely have backed it at that price.

Hopefully the unicorn pictured isn't indicative of an infection.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
In things no one cares about, but I'm pretty hype about, I qualified in to Fire 2 Open's Terra Mystica season 2 tournament for this year. I'm pretty happy about it. Linked below is the finals of last season. It doesn't really mean anything, because it's a smaller community, and there isn't a cash prize or anything, but it's still nice. Especially because I have very little recent experience and a lot of these guys play a lot.

My match was today, vod linked.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users