Board Games

Vinsent

Lord Nagafen Raider
So total board game shill moment. I got to live my dream and designed and created a board game:Titans Tactics | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

If your looking for a fast playing, head to head, tactical board game check us out.

/shill off

Also Shadows of Brimstone is great, got a chance to play it at GenCon. Totally worth it, especially if you like the other frog games.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
This thread is dangerous. I just ended up ordering a few games you guys have been talking about that sound perfect for when the extended family visits for Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vinsent: Will be my first Flying Frog game, a friend is planning to get the Indiana Jones styled one (Fortune and Glory?) soon, so don't want to overlap - plus the wife prefers occult and such, so its the better thematic fit for us. But we're HUGE Arkham/Eldritch Horror fans so seems a natural fit with slightly different theme.

faille: Apparently it is out, but first printing for the US is already gone and they're only working on international printings from the sounds of things... so it's a heavy markup or unavailable over here until 2nd Printing.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I need some new games. I love Settlers but everyone else is already bored with it because I keep winning.

I asked for Starcraft Risk for my birthday, plz wife plz

Gonna play the Firefly board game this weekend I think.
Let me know what you think of the firefly game. I keep going back and forth on it.
Amazon.com: Wiz-War: Toys Games

Wiz wars is a game my group absolutely loves and it can get outrageous. so highly recommend that. Also really enjoy smash up but your first couple of games will take forever until you all get used to the cards.

Vinsent

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shadows of Brimstone is much more dungeon crawl / heroquest-esque than Fortune and Glory. Both fun games but really different feels. They both have a certain "flying frog" mechanical feel (hitting certain numbers with die pools, lots of flavor, heavy random).

Vaclav

Shadows of Brimstone is much more dungeon crawl / heroquest-esque than Fortune and Glory. Both fun games but really different feels. They both have a certain "flying frog" mechanical feel (hitting certain numbers with die pools, lots of flavor, heavy random).
So sort of something between Eldritch Horror and Descent I take it then? If so, that sounds PERFECT.

Vinsent

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep. Like Decent you can get xp and level up so playing over several sessions could be fun. (I can see the potential, I only got to play once though) so depending on your group could be a go to for a few weeks.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Also wanting to get Galaxy Trucker just because he building aspect would be really fun. My group has a couple engineers that would really go at so that adds more to the fun.
I have a complete played copy that my group doesn't play anymore. I'd sell it for 50% of retail. If you are interested shoot me a PM.

Played my first Warhammer 40k Conquest event this past weekend. We were all pretty new to the game but it was a super fun event. I think this might be the best LCG currently on the market. Your choices are real and not gambles. The 7 different factions adds a ton of variety. I'm in on this one for the foreseeable future.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
This thread is dangerous. I just ended up ordering a few games you guys have been talking about that sound perfect for when the extended family visits for Thanksgiving/Christmas.
This for sure. Though browsing BGG or Dice Tower or r/boardgames is probably more dangerous.

Played some drunk Smash Up last night, always a good time. Dusted off my copy of Betrayal at House on the Hill. I used to think it was a hassle setting it up but after playing more boardgames it is a lot more enjoyable than I remember.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Gonna double post to say that I played my first game of Galaxy Trucker and I loved it as much as I expected. We followed the noobie rules for round 1 and then the full rules for rounds 2 and 3. I put a lot of effort into everyone understanding the game (read the whole rulebook and watched some tutorials/games on youtube) and only one error went unnoticed until round 3. Gonna add the first expansion next time we play except the negative cards.. because its already hard/crazy enough.

All I gotta say is as long as you can handle a hectic game where you watch your shit get destroyed repeatedly, along with everyone elses, you'll have a great time. I had a few mishaps but built my ships well and got pretty lucky. Some of my friends weren't so lucky. One lost a 3rd of his ship in one hit. Two people had to give up in round 3 near the end. As long as you don't take it too seriously it can be a really fun game.

Edit: Also played Bang! The Dice game. Not sure what the card game is like, but this game reminded me of King of Tokyo with teams. I bought it for a filler game so if we needed a short game or a starter game for the night instead of just playing Fluxx all the time. Pretty fun, short, and cheap.

Vaclav

Found Dead of Winter at Books-A-Million a few days ago, impulse bought - not disappointed.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Found Dead of Winter at Books-A-Million a few days ago, impulse bought - not disappointed.
Better not be for a GOTY contender. Grats though. Any place I look is out of stock or going for $100+.

Not sure my group could handle the secretive/traitor portion of the game well enough but I really want it regardless.

Vaclav

Better not be for a GOTY contender. Grats though. Any place I look is out of stock or going for $100+.

Not sure my group could handle the secretive/traitor portion of the game well enough but I really want it regardless.
Yeah was getting tempted to buy one online - and figured at MSRP if I hadn't liked it it would've been a quick flip for profit, win-win.

And there's optional rules regarding the traitor portion - you can play the "hardcore" side and ignore the secret/traitor options.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Risk: Legacy - I got this last Christmas. Played it once, 3 minimum players is tougher to do than expected. The game took 5 hours, but it was a blast.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Risk: Legacy - I got this last Christmas. Played it once, 3 minimum players is tougher to do than expected. The game took 5 hours, but it was a blast.
I've really wanted to get Risk Legacy, but finding enough players to commit to 15 games is pretty impossible for me 8(

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I am looking for a 2 player card or other "small table space" game that I can play with my GF who is not a gamer at all. We play cribbage but that is about it. I vaguely remember a card game called Rent, or Lease, or something along those lines where it was supposed to be a fun 2 player game where you build buildings or some such thing. IIRC it was also a classic and has been around for a bit. If not that, any other suggestions is welcomed.