Board Games

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
http://netrunnerdb.comis better.

I use an app on my iPad for deckbuilding, they are quite handy as they will count influence / agenda points for you.

*edit* I see you are talking about 40k LCG, never mind.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
For those looking for a good board game that is web based,Boardgaming onlineis a web based java program for Through the Ages. Through the Ages is one of the best Euro style games out there but the board game has a lot of record keeping, this does all of that for you. I highly recommend it. My game group always has a game going.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
For those looking for a good board game that is web based,Boardgaming onlineis a web based java program for Through the Ages. Through the Ages is one of the best Euro style games out there but the board game has a lot of record keeping, this does all of that for you. I highly recommend it. My game group always has a game going.
Badass

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Ordered two trial decks for Cardfight, Vanguard and a few random packs from sets that have the two factions I was looking at. Should be here next week some time so we shall see how it goes. My friend actually informed me that he has Warhammer 40k Conquest, going to try and get a game or two in this weekend.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
GotCoal Baronas a Xmas gift this year and we finally had a chance to give it a few run throughs. I have to say I am quite pleased with it. It's one of the best written rules we've ever seen, and one of the smoothest gameplays for those who are a bit competitive with their board games. The best thing we liked about it was that even thought the premise is fairly easy, there are a couple of levels of complexity in the game play that make you weigh cost/efficient ratio. All in all a good 3-4 player game, that only takes 90 minutes.

One of my buddies who thinks Puerto Rico is the best board game, commented that he thinks this game might replace it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Found a Netrunner league 30 minutes from my house that meets once every two weeks with 20+ people, and another that meets on the alternating week. Sat with a guy for several games that taught me a lot about strategies, answered all questions, played each other's decks...was pretty fun.

Feels more complex than Magic I think due to the rounds not being as structured, but I played 20 years ago so I'm sure it's more complex now.

Stoked to finally have a relatively cheap alternative to Magic, as I loved it back in the day but couldn't afford to keep up.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Puerto Rico is a great game but everyone at the table needs to have about the same experience level for it to work.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Found a Netrunner league 30 minutes from my house that meets once every two weeks with 20+ people, and another that meets on the alternating week. Sat with a guy for several games that taught me a lot about strategies, answered all questions, played each other's decks...was pretty fun.

Feels more complex than Magic I think due to the rounds not being as structured, but I played 20 years ago so I'm sure it's more complex now.

Stoked to finally have a relatively cheap alternative to Magic, as I loved it back in the day but couldn't afford to keep up.
Got my wife Netrunner Core for Christmas. It's a great game, though a bit heady and like most card games the randomness of your draws can screw you but you never feel completely out of it. I like the fact that the rare jessu card mechanic is absent.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Went to my local gaming store to pick up some comics and tried a demo of this new trading card game called Force of Will and had quite a lot of fun. Seems like a mix of Magic and WoW tcg. Only played one game but it seemed to create a decent buzz (about 8 people were playing when I left). The card art was actually quite impressive and I believe it is releasing in the US next month sometime. You guy's should check it out. P.S. I am still waiting for my Cardfight: Vanguard trial decks to come in the mail, should be here this week

Vaclav

It's The Oatmeal, DeLLy, of course it's making huge amounts. But already went in on it, sounds fun enough and love The Oatmeal - got a lack of light quick games which it seems like it would scratch.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'm passing on Exploding Kittens. Seems like a good game to play 2-3 times and never play again. It's so sad that games by really good developers that need the money get passed on by so many people so that really popular cliche companies can put out games that are barely passable.

Evernothing

Netrunner

@Hateyou and @moontayle

Here are some useful links:

Netrunner New Player Guide

Netrunner Buying Guide. This one is especially helpful if you intend to start picking up Data Packs to expand you collection.

The first four your purchase should be:

1. Future Proof
2. True Colors
3. What Lies Ahead
4. Cyber Exodus

As far as the deluxe expansions, both Creation & Control (Shaper & HB) and Honor & Profit(Jinteki & Criminal) are great. I got Honor & Profit first because I love Jinteki and Criminal, but Creation & Control has some really awesome Shaper cards that allow you to recur programs from your heap and tutor cards out of your deck earlier.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Also keep your eye on Bartertown and Cardgamedb.com as people generally sell their full collections for like 50% off. You can find one on there like every 2-3 weeks.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Netrunner

@Hateyou and @moontayle

Here are some useful links

Netrunner New Player Guide

Netrunner Buying Guide. This one is especially helpful if you intend to start picking up Data Packs to expand you collection.

The first four your purchase should be:

1. Future Proof
2. True Colors
3. What Lies Ahead
4. Cyber Exodus

As far as the deluxe expansions, both Creation & Control (Shaper & HB) and Honor & Profit(Jinteki & Criminal) are great. I got Honor & Profit first because I love Jinteki and Criminal, but Creation & Control has some really awesome Shaper cards that allow you to recur programs from your heap and tutor cards out of your deck earlier.
Thanks. I bought creation control already, I've only tried shaper so far and enjoyed it. The guy I was playing with had a built out shaper deck which had some fun combos in it. Jinteki was fun too due to luring the runner in to nasty traps, but that's the only corp I've played so far, but honor and profit is probably next.

Evernothing

Opening Moves is also massively useful for corp due to Jackson Howard. He is played in the majority of corp decks now.

Shaper can be really fun with Maker's Eye / Indexing combos, and cards like Self Modifying Code, Clone Chip etc.

By the way, if you are looking at a Console to include in your Shaper, Desperado is way better than The Toolbox, if you can fit it in influence wise.

Desperado is the best console from the core set.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure if this should go in the miniatures thread instead but...

I happened upon this kickstarter by chance on some website I never go to and already forgot about, but it drew my attention because of the subject matter:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan

I like painting minis now and again and this board game has a shitload, and they look amazing. I also love this kind of minatures boardgame like hero quest and warhammer quest. This still has 17 days to go and is already way overfunded so you're guaranteed a whole bunch of bonus stuff. It's very pricey however...