Boardwalk Empire

Cybsled

Harrow going soft is pretty easy to explain. Recall the conversation between Harrow and his sister, where she reveals the bits about the recently deceased father wanting Richard to start a family. The #1 character element for him (besides killing) is his secret desire for a normal family life. This is what (in part) drew him to Jimmy and there's also the whole scrapbook deal.

It's one of those "oh fuck, what am I doing with my life?" moments for Harrow, which is what I believe is causing his sudden "softening".

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
Patricia looks rough. Though I'd still do very bad things to that snaggletooth.
wink.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Patricia looks rough. Though I'd still do very bad things to that snaggletooth.
wink.png
I genuinely didn't recognise her until the end credits opened with her name and the lightbulb came on. I love me some True Romance etc as well, women growing old is a crime
frown.png

Welp, I was wrong about the train deal sounding fishy. All sorted now though. I wonder what life lessons he learned from it with the way it turned out, turning his sister into a killer and all. Something is definitely going to trigger him going nutso before the end of the season, might be time to pare down the cast a little when he does.

Presuming atm that Chalky and Dunn are in cahoots and putting on an act when the chap is around, Chalky deffo doesn't trust the Libyan. Dunn appears so far to be one of those men who know they are smart enough to be up the chain but not at the top, it took Mickey Doyle a while to learn that lesson.

Talking of Mickey, I guess he finally meets his end when Eli finds out about his son
biggrin.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like the story arcs they're setting up for this season. So far each season has been better than the last. I'm hopeful that the trend will continue.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well Bobby Cannavale (Gyp Rosetti) got his Emmy, which IMO was quite deserved, especially for this scene :

tumblr_mdcuqdgQfv1qlxezlo1_500.jpg

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I think I already mentioned it in this thread, but he really stood out as one of the better TV villains ever.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I already mentioned it in this thread, but he really stood out as one of the better TV villains ever.
Well with him being the absolute villain in s4, with Capone being Capone "then we talk about who dies" and Harrow being on a hallway sniping rampage? la Scorseseduring finale, that season was probably the best BE season featuring badasses !

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
For real. Pretty sure they'll be able to run this show into the ground. I don't think they will, but it's one of HBO's most popular series. They'll be able to keep this one around as long as the writers want to.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Is it really that popular? I believe it, but it just seems like, compared to other HBO series, no one but me watches this in my social circle. If we're talking TV and I bring up Nucky they're all like "Is he a Stark or Lannister?"

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it really that popular? I believe it, but it just seems like, compared to other HBO series, no one but me watches this in my social circle. If we're talking TV and I bring up Nucky they're all like "Is he a Stark or Lannister?"
HBO likes it for the awards and it does decent ratings so it's a win for them.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
The only bad thing about this show is that it makes my day at work on Sunday go by so slowly. I just want to go home and watch some gangsters.

I have been watching The Supranos for the first time on sunday nights as well, damn that show was good.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Great episode tonight. The acting on this show is just so superb. There are multiple actors that should be up for best supporting actor on this show. Rothstein, Capone, Eddie, Chalky and etc... it's insane. It's sad they all can't be nominated.