Boardwalk Empire

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He's great but I get annoyed when he gets wide eyed and looks at someone bemused because then I think of the alien guy he played in Men in Black III.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
He's great but I get annoyed when he gets wide eyed and looks at someone bemused because then I think of the alien guy he played in Men in Black III.
Whats wrong with that? That guy was awesome, Men in Black 3 is seriously underrated.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Because I don't picture the alien from MIBIII as the man who fixed the world series and who was a badass mob guy.
tongue.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
man, just when kraut servant was getting cool they haul him away. I would love it, if at the end of the season nucky get's ice'd and kraut servant becomes broadwalk fuhrer.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Whats wrong with that? That guy was awesome, Men in Black 3 is seriously underrated.
Ugh, I was bored to death watching that movie.

AR looks seriously creepy... like he's artificially pale or something, looks like a walking corpse. It is very nice not having Margaret around. Wonder where the Capone/Van Alden thing is going?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Eddie got arrested but he's not going to say shit. He's a tough son of a bitch. I'm not even sure he did anything illegal so I'm not sure what the FBI has on him. Of course that FBI agent is crazy.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Eddie got arrested but he's not going to say shit. He's a tough son of a bitch. I'm not even sure he did anything illegal so I'm not sure what the FBI has on him. Of course that FBI agent is crazy.
FBI is going to hurt Nuck'y bro and then Nucky will be forced to 100% gangster their faces.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was interesting seeing them picturing J. Edgar Hoover wondering about country wide organized crime. Also yeah, the actor playing Rothstein was perfect.

iannis

Musty Nester
Honestly, I think Michael Shannon would have been great in the Nucky role. I agree, Buscemi doesn't really seem to fit well, don't get me wrong, he's good, but there is something off when he tries to be really confident and strong. He plays a better devious/psycho character or a more comedic one. The parts where he is being funny, or snapping at people, are great--like whenever he interacts with his butler....but the guy has one setting for intimidation and that's that psychotic/sick look, like he had in the Sopranos, or Reservoir dogs or Con Air. He just doesn't do imposing very well withoutthat"I'm going to skin you alive" look--and where Nucky is suave, pin stripe gangster, he can't tap that.
I think that makes nucky better. No one is intimidated by nucky personally, they're intimidated bywhatnucky knows andwhohe knows.

Edit: necro reply, but still. I think it's Buschemi's best role. It took that guy a while to grow into his face. Nucky is OG even in an OG period fiction. Nucky is the god damn Upright Man. You want someone that cannot actually be physically intimidating for that part. It's actually gonna be kinda sad when Capone beats him.

spronk

FPS noob
one thing i don't get: isn't the florida deal dead? like the captain guy chopped off the florida mobsters head? is it getting setup for the captain to steal lansky's money from nuckys brother?

the libyan doctor is awesome, his enunciation and total control of chalky's underling is amazing. the Capone and Van Alden pairing is awesome, hope Harrow gets back into the action soon.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No one knows the Florida deal is in jeopardy. As far as Nucky knows it's all good.

iannis

Musty Nester
Nucky is maybe feeling his age and looking for a way to be the Commodore. Which fits right into the Florida land scams.

It doesn't have the ratings but this show is so much better than GoT. Every scene in the show I watch thinking, "I wonder who's gonna die?". Because besides for Nucky and Capone, they're all fair game. Red Wedding ain't got shit on a Prussian gangster with a tommygun.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
If anything the dimwit Captain fellow machete-ing the previous Tampa top banana makes it even easier for Nucky. There was no way he was going to work with that fuckwit for long so to have him taken out already leaves the whole city wide open for the big cheeses to walk in and start running things.

I really like how close Eli and Nucky are now, Nucky finally has respect for his brother and seeing that respect has turned Eli into his perfect right hand man. Well, apart from Eddie maybe. Telling him he was thinking of moving to Tampa and he was more than happy to leave Eli to run things in Chicago was a great little scene.

Of course, we are just waiting for Schrooooooooder to come in and fuck it all up at some point.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Meyer Lansky joining Nucky in Florida presumably paves the way for Lansky to start building his empire down there and later expand into Cuba. (at least that's my understanding of what the RL Lansky did)