Boardwalk Empire

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"Uncle Junior" got screwed over by all the Gillian antics I think, which would explain why he was behind it.

I thought of Deadwood as well lol.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think the whole seducing gil and cleaning her up was so that her confession was legit, he needed her to love him so that he was allowed to clean her up so that when she made that confession it wasn't all drug induced and it was lucid. course we all know it's bullshit, unless they made entire theatrical plays in the 20's to get any type of confession they could. unless it was just a way to illustrate how dirty ppl were back then? or just a way to get rid of gil, in which case... they need to find an elaborate way to get rid of shroeder next, hopefully pasty white guy will kill her in a fit of trader rage.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I didn't catch who he said he owed. It seemed very elaborate for such a small payoff.
My take was that it was the old guy that was friends with the commodore trying to ruin her (and in turn get the building back etc). I thought I even heard his voice in the confession scene (the actor who played Junior in Sopranos)

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pinkertons gunned down workers just a few decades prior for money. An elaborate sting is actually tame for them.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My take was that it was the old guy that was friends with the commodore trying to ruin her (and in turn get the building back etc). I thought I even heard his voice in the confession scene (the actor who played Junior in Sopranos)
He showed up for a fraction of a second at the top of the stairs and revealed he was behind it.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Loved last weeks episode, this weeks one is a bit weird though. Story didn't really go anywhere and they did not follow through at all with the whole 'let's sort it out' angle. Still very enjoyable, the actors just carry that show easily, even if the story's a bit weak in episodes like that.

Also, I just noticed how there's only one episode left for this season; I really can't see how they resolve all the plotlines in a single episode.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's always possible they fuck us and leave us with a season finale cliffhanger.

But really I think a lot of people are just gonna get shot.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
it's possible that things aren't completely resolved at the end of the season. My guess is they don't want to do another season 3 = introduce a new bad guy, start a war and have it all tied up nicely by the finale.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Next week is the season finale?? Fuck me this season went by really fast
frown.png
Wasn't the second to last episode last season the one that ended with the war drums and Harrow unfolding his guns and Capone meeting Nucky with the "How bout me and you sit down and talk about who dies?" That was a great fucking set up.

At any rate, I hope we get a full episode of "I am calm" BAM BAM BAM. I loves me some Van Alden.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There was a small snippet in the preview which makes me think the assassination attempt on Torrio might happen in the finale, which means next season would probably involve his retirement and handing the reigns to Capone.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whoever called Roy being about fake Jimmy's murder was spot on. About entrapment, at this time Pinkerton Agency is trying hard earning back their "detective" stuff legacy aftermajor fuckups. It's 1920's US, where FBI / BOI is still stammering (and doesn't really care about organized / interstate crime) and real police work is made by local (city / county / state) polices. At this time, Pinkerton is mostly the acting FBI, they need high profile cases like some black widow faking his glorious WWI veteran son's death to get fame. About "how much money for nothing", we're talking about one only agent getting undercover with sting backup, it's not like they spend thousands on it.

Also I was tripping balls watching the diner scene at Nucky's, knowing Terence Winter's writing it was quite obvious the insurance baby face guy scene would pop. Nucky's "I want out" IMO mean he's aware of discrepancies in his organization and wants to get out of the whole Tampa move. Which would lead into a massive clusterfuck since he's only relevant to NY when he smuggles booze. Regarding History, I pretty much see Nucky taking over AC / New Jersey turf with strong NY (Luciano / Lansky ?) connections, foreshadowing American Mafia north of NY.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The old man who was friends with the commodore set it up, it was not directly linked or about the fake jimmy dying. Just getting her anyway they could.

spronk

FPS noob
The whole Jillian thing kinda sucked considering how much time they put into it this season. If Uncle Junior had done absolutely nothing she was clearly on her way into becoming a heroin addicted dick sucking whore, dead within a year or two. So grats, you made her happy and then put her in jail, and spent like 20% of this season on that arc. Not to say I don't appreciate the story, it is pretty messed up how fucked up she got due to the Commodore pedo-raping her and Nucky basically enabling it, but it never really tied itself back to Nucky and that was a big missing part imo.

While I want to like the Chalky story it just also felt really disconnected from the main storyline, especially the Daughter stuff. I guess it ties into the overall theme of the season, of how people are spiralling out of control into bad times, but it felt bad seeing Chalky lose his edge all over a woman. Dammit, I need to see some people being badass smart motherfuckers and I haven't seen too much of that
frown.png

Brad2770

Seems like everyone is forgetting that Gillian saw everything Nucky has done from the age of 13. She has a sort of beef with him too. Considering Nucky kind of killed her son. I think she knows. Anyways, now she is locked up, so her bargaining power to reduce her sentence (and try and get grandson back) is through the roof.

She isn't gone from the show.

iannis

Musty Nester
You make a good and valid point.

I'm only it it for the 1920's themed prison lesbian sex scenes.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm not really sure how much immunity from prosecution and reduced sentences were doled out back in the 20s, especially in capital cases. But Gillian's story isn't over for sure.