Boardwalk Empire

spronk

FPS noob
goddamn it i was expecting lesbian prison sex, gillian fucking ruins another season

its kinda hard keeping track of everyone, so many characters. good to have mueller/van alden back. he has the best quotes in the show, "I find it easier to despise than love" or "Why must everything turn into pandemonium!"

elliot ness was played by prezbo (inept cop who became a teacher) from the wire
the odd-business man at the meeting was Joe Kennedy, JFKs dad

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Capone is fucking insane. He's gone off the deep end.

Things are about to get really bloody.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loved seeing both Van Alden and Capone characters back ! Also poor Eli
frown.png
On the other hand I don't really like how the plot is going, since we all know both Lansky and Luciano lived past 1930. Though I like Nucky story, trying to get legit and being cockblocked by corporate fatcats (minus Joe K haha). That last season isn't great but it's good enough to keep watching (Prez from The Wire as Elliott Ness).

stonewall_sl

shitlord
I really wanted to see her have to eat old woman ass. Gillians should be careful those nipples could take someones eye out.
goddamn it i was expecting lesbian prison sex, gillian fucking ruins another season

its kinda hard keeping track of everyone, so many characters. good to have mueller/van alden back. he has the best quotes in the show, "I find it easier to despise than love" or "Why must everything turn into pandemonium!"

elliot ness was played by prezbo (inept cop who became a teacher) from the wire
the odd-business man at the meeting was Joe Kennedy, JFKs dad

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they kill Margaret off this season it will hailed as one of the best final seasons ever. At least to me because the Internet tears will be hilarious.

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
If they kill Margaret off this season it will hailed as one of the best final seasons ever. At least to me because the Internet tears will be hilarious.
Tears of joy, maybe. I never hear anything but negativity towards that character.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tears of joy, maybe. I never hear anything but negativity towards that character.
Over on neogaf there is a small but vocal minority that likes her. I will relish in their tears almost as much as the Jimmy crybabies.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've liked Margaret a lot more since she completely separated from Nucky. When they were together she just brought him down and took away from the gangster/political stuff without adding much more than sally homemaker shit. However, I like that we get a new view of things since she's out on her own; especially like seeing the effect the stock market crash is having on regular working folks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Margaret was just as annoying as Skylar in BB, i'ts not hating on women characters, just that the presence of these women held back our favorite characters and almost neutered them.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I still think it is just hating on women characters because we don't identify with them. Margaret isn't a bad character, she just isn't as interesting as Capone or Van Alden or whoever. So you take time away from learning more about them to instead focus on her and her marital issues and people get all pissed off.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I always liked Margaret. She's a real person who doesn't give in to societal rules. She saw an inkling of that in Nucky too, but he was too weak to give up the gangster power shit.

She's nothing like Skylar

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I think the majority of the hate for her comes from people wanting to see nucky go cliche gangster, and not have a relationship that has a real dynamic, thus she gets shit on for being a bitch and annoying. she fell in love with him because he was gallant and seemed to care for her children and rescued her from that abusive drunk husband which was exactly like his own father. god forbid she doesn't want to go down the road nucky decided to continue traveling.

spronk

FPS noob
margaret was awesome initially, then kinda sucked when she kept saying stupid things to nucky and fucking the irish help when he was in the real shit. i like her in new york, as mcheese said its interesting to see her as a everyman during the stock crash depression and she deftly weaves the line between being a "good" person and making small compromises in your own morality to get ahead.

the new chick nucky is dating is a good example of a anti-skyler. she is a baller, she likes to fuck, she is a super capable woman, and she don't take shit from nobody. its a famous actress too although the name escapes me (patricia arquette?)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started to hate Margaret when she got all "muy childrhun" over Nucky, who basically pulled her from an awful life. Woman, you had no life, your husband was abusing you and you were going nowhere, then Nucky comes out of fucking nowhere and buys you a wealthy livelihood. Then when shits hits the fan you're getting all emotional about the man that got rid of your abusing husband in the first place. Terence Winter (Boardwalk Empire) showrunner should have know better since he worked on The Sopranos where "that awful wife character" syndrome didn't really happen with Carmela Soprano.

On another hand, BO's 2nd episode went pretty nice : "Prezbo" as Elliot Ness, Capone becoming Capone, Nucky getting BTFO by the fatcats while trying to get legit (lol @ Joe Kennedy), Eli going nowhere without his "family" (nice touch) and Van Alden being a fulltime mobster (Pandemonium). I don't like how HBO axed the show into a rushed last 8 episodes season because of production costs. Everything feels rushed.

By the way what the hell with Luciano / Meyer move on Nucky, I know at this point they're gonna have to invent some stuff but that move didn't make sense, Luciano has just been made, sending Lansky in Cuba to oversee Nucky's hit was a bad move, especially when Nucky is trying so hard ending Volstead Act. Taking corners is a street move, not something you'd do when you're just getting into Cosa Nostra over your godfather's betrayal.

Also about Nucky's flashbacks, it's nice to see how The Commodore was during his prime, and how Nucky tried so hard becoming him during the first seasons : that leader guy who everyone seems to love / respect.

iannis

Musty Nester
I like Margaret a lot, and I understand why people dislike her. She's an incredibly interesting character but not a particularly likeable one. That's different than skylar in BB who was an incredibly shallow and unlikable character until about halfway through the final season. Margaret is a character being written, Skylar was a plot device.

Whoever is writing Margaret understands her. Whoever wrote Skylar was honestly a redpill asshole.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I liked Margaret when I thought there would have been a chance to see her naked. Then once I realized I wouldn't, I started paying attention to her and found I liked her when she was poor innocent immigrant Margaret and began to hate her as she "evolved" into her current character. Now anytime she's on the screen I rage because I know the series is almost done and it pisses me off they waste time on her. I hope they kill her soon.