Boardwalk Empire

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I like Margaret a lot, and I understand why people dislike her. She's an incredibly interesting character but not a particularly likeable one. That's different than skylar in BB who was an incredibly shallow and unlikable character until about halfway through the final season. Margaret is a character being written, Skylar was a plot device.

Whoever is writing Margaret understands her. Whoever wrote Skylar was honestly a redpill asshole.
I agree with this. Like Margaret as a character a lot, but yeah, I can see why people get annoyed, she has an enormously hypocritical and shitty side. Butallthe characters in the show do. I think the difference is what Chaos and Tarrant mentioned, when the main characters are being shitty or dumb, it's intertwined with the main story (So we're invested despite it). When Margaret is it's like "the fuck do we care for?"

But spot on about the difference between Skylar and Margaret.

Cybsled

I liked Margaret when I thought there would have been a chance to see her naked. Then once I realized I wouldn't, I started paying attention to her and found I liked her when she was poor innocent immigrant Margaret and began to hate her as she "evolved" into her current character. Now anytime she's on the screen I rage because I know the series is almost done and it pisses me off they waste time on her. I hope they kill her soon.
Can always watch Trainspotting if you want to see her naked ;p

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Uhh...they need to quit fucking around with this slow ass plot progression like previous seasons. The Nucky flashbacks are getting tiresome, and the Chalky scenes took too long as well. Hell, the most entertaining part of the episode was Nucky's conversations with Kennedy.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I agree. This was an incredibly slow episode.

They know that this is the last season, and it's a short season to boot (8 episodes instead of 12). They should go all in with a Breaking Bad style close, where every episode hits harder than the last.

Oh well.

Cybsled

I wonder if that young kid that got brought to help with liquor hauling ends up being Tommy Darmody.

If he is, wouldn't surprise me if he
kills Nucky at the end.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No reason Tommy would ever know Nucky was behind that. If he even knows who Nucky is.

spronk

FPS noob
i just hope o'doyle is the only man left alive

the chalky stuff sucked, you knew exactly what chalky was gonna do and they dragged that shit on forever. goddamn it i wanna see awesome revenge-having django omar chalky, not fucking depressed skyler white chalky. its a fucking crime not to have van alden and capone in every episode

I'm also confused on whether Kennedy walked out on Nucky, it seemed like that

two sucky things about the timeskip: rothsteins gone, but also they skipped over the atlantic city conference held in 1929
Atlantic City Conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

article_sl said:
The conference started off with an apparent embarrassing incident for some of those invited who tried to check into the first hotel Nucky Johnson had them registered, namely at the exclusive Atlantic City Breakers Hotel along the Boardwalk, which then was restricted to white Anglo-Saxon Protestant clients (in later years, the Breakers Hotel catered to a mainly Jewish clientele, becoming known as "The Aristocrat of Kosher Hotels").

Once the hotel's management found out multiple guests were trying to check in with Anglo Saxon aliases, some delegates were refused admittance. Subsequently Johnson heard about the problem and rushed over to the hotel to mitigate the situation. Al Capone being himself screamed at Nucky Johnson for not making the proper arrangements and a loud argument ensued between the two gangsters while the others watched and hoped they would not come to blows. Suddenly Johnson who was taller and heavier than Capone pushed him into a limousine and ordered every one to follow him.

They headed for the Ritz-Carlton and Ambassador Hotels and when Capone reached the hotel he ripped several framed paintings and photos off the walls of the hotel and started to throw them at Nucky Johnson. The others concentrated on keeping Al Capone calm and quiet for the time being.
Jesus Christ!

Cybsled

I'm also confused on whether Kennedy walked out on Nucky, it seemed like that
The fact he said he was going to see that burlesque dancer kind of suggests he is going to hang around for awhile and was essentially taking up Nucky's offer to introduce her to him seemed to suggest to me that he wasn't done yet. Preview for next episode seems to suggest problems in Cuba, though.

spronk

FPS noob
i missed the letter nucky got, i guess crazy gillian wrote to him i wonder what she said

HEVE2Na.png

nellie bly was a famous journalist who went undercover into crazy hospitals and documented how fucked up they were
Nellie Bly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
As slow as these episodes are, I have faith it'll be great at the end. Boardwalk Empire has always been about the slow, steady build up to the final episode or two when the shit hits the fan.

iannis

Musty Nester
The Chalky shit was too protracted. I dunno, I guess it's a Chalky redemption story? As much as I like the actor they should have left the character sitting on the porch after being run out of town.

I think that Kennedy walked out on Nucky, he gave Nucky the drink and Nucky got shitfaced. I think it was more like, "I'm gone. But before I go I'm gonna bang your whore."

Cybsled

Kennedy basically told him "scotch and rum don't mix", aka rejection. Plus with the stuff that happened in this episode, I'm guessing the rum deal won't be happening.

spronk

FPS noob
drunk margaret is pretty damn awesome, she really wanted that Nucky D. and holy shit at capone and van alden, goddamn that was some tense shit

mu3OUpS.gif

makes me sad to think there are only 4 episodes left

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree this shows needs a lot more drunk Maragaret. She looked hot as hell in that red dress.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Killing patricia arquette made it easy for nucky to get back with margaret, who can work high society, and be very presentable.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Killing patricia arquette made it easy for nucky to get back with margaret, who can work high society, and be very presentable.
Sally was Nucky's business friend with benefits. It's not like those two were going to be anything but associates that fucked occasionally. Funny about Margaret though; go back a dozen or so pages in this thread and everybody fucking hated her guts. Now she's on the upswing because she was in a couple episodes where she wasn't being a whiny bitch.

Then again, I've been in love with Kelly Macdonald since Transpotting was released, so I find it hard to hate her in anything.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't really see how they tie any of this up in 4 episodes.

Nucky obviously is out of the bootlegging business and back to local glad handing. The only question is does he live past the convention that he has to host or do they meld him back into the person that he was based on, and turn him into a man promoting the stability of, and taking cuts out of, distribution.