Boardwalk Empire

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So has Eli been so drunk he doesn't remember fucking Van Alden's wife... ever?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How could he keep it up if he's that drunk all the time? Props to virility incarnate Eli.

iannis

Musty Nester
I just don't give a fuck about chalky. Maybe I should. Maybe it's insensitive. But I just don't. And they're gonna drag that shit out for the rest of the 3 episodes.

At least we finally got to see that Witchy Woman in action. And we fuck and we fuck and we fuck on that chair.

STOP. I CAN ONLY BE SO ERECT.

Otherwise its obviously "not with a bang but a whimper" time. I'll watch the last 3 anyway. No sense in quitting now.

spronk

FPS noob
holy shit at how young Nucky looks like Buscemi, those teeth are scary as fuck

man i would totally watch 10 seasons of a 30 minute sitcom, How I met your Norwegian Mother. Van Alden, Eli, and the wife are the best part of this season

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
How in the world could you call that episode slow? The hit, the Mueller/Capone shit, Chalky's story finally getting somewhere. Even the flashbacks finally picked up the pace.

SekaiX_sl

shitlord
Van Alden and Eli reminds me of Titus Pollo and Lucius Vorenus from Rome. Maybe not an historic character but their actions some how affecting the storyline of those figures. And also all the crazy shit they do.

iannis

Musty Nester
It wasn't slow, I think maybe we're just reacting to 1/4 - 1/3 of the episode being devoted to storylines people have mostly stopped caring about. And that does effect your tempo. Personally, Gillians incarceration in asylum hell is terrifying. But I'd resigned myself to just looking at the pretty woman until... well, shit got real. Real real. She's meat for Dr. SlapChop. The actual prison prison might have been kinder.

But the episode was a lot of Gillian and Chalky. Most people will sorta zone out on those. If you replaced the Chalky and Gillian scenes with Meyers/Luciano scenes and did nothing else fans of the show would be wetting themselves.

If anything I thought that episode might have been a little bit too fast. But that's where the discrepancy in how people view the pacing comes from I think. I can see the complaint. I really don't care about Chalky anymore. I don't begrudge the actor in any way. I just wish they'd done something a little more betterer with him. I don't know what, so it's a shitty criticism. I just ain't feelin it with that storyline.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Dr. Narcisse is a scummy piece of shit so I still care about Chalky's scenes up to the point where he murders the fuck out of the bad doctor. Of course, this being Boardwalk Empire, Chalky will probably accidently kill himself, the whore he was in love with and her daughter, and Narcisse will go on happily distributing coke.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If somehow the FBI now says, ok van alden, Eli, you're free to go, but you have to have family dinner one last time with both your wives.

It'd be the best dinner scene since.

spronk

FPS noob
Dr. Narcisse is a scummy piece of shit so I still care about Chalky's scenes up to the point where he murders the fuck out of the bad doctor. Of course, this being Boardwalk Empire, Chalky will probably accidently kill himself, the whore he was in love with and her daughter, and Narcisse will go on happily distributing coke.
oh, was that who that whore was at the end? Didn't Narcise beat her up or some shit? I really am forgetting shit from season 4, but i thought her and Narcise had a totally fucked up relationship, but she betrayed him for Chalky or something, and I don't remember anything about a daughter...

lol I thought it was his wife who had turned to tricking to make money and he was sad
frown.png

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah she ran off when he was out at that farmhouse. I think the implication is that could be his daughter.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't remember exactly how the Chalky/Her relationship ended. I remember her running away from the car when he got stopped. So there's an implication that she's narcisses daughter and that she betrayed chalky to him. And I think she kinda did? And chalky doesn't know it.

So I think what we're gonna get is chalky "you were in on it the entire time!!!!" and her "wut? noooo! I hate him I hate him but he's my daddy saaaave me chalky" and it's gonna take like 10 scenes to do it. And who gives a fuck
frown.png

And since this show is this show Chalky will probably get played for a sap. Because love.

Or maybe I'm wrong and next episode will open with him shooting her in the face. This show does -THAT- too sometimes. At that point, I'd embrace chalky again.