Boardwalk Empire

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The handkerchief the fbi agent/probie mole, Knox, hands Eli has the initials JTM on it, and Eli notices it.
JTM is the corporation that owns Piggly Wiggly. wut! Or it mighta been Jim, which is what Hoover called Knox, and Eli will realize this guy is using a fake name.
Hoover called him "Jim" while his cover name is Warren Knox. Maybe it's his name's initials, since it's quite uncommon to bear companies initials on personal handkerchiefs.

Fedor

<Banned>
Wait... is the florida bartender Courtney Cox? HOLY SHITBALLS. That's some good makeup.
bridge.jpg

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I couldn't help but think how stupid (unrealistic) her character was while watching last night.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully they limit Margaret to one scene per episode and I could live with that. I'd prefer zero but sadly that isn't going to happen I think.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wasn't it until the late 60's that Hoover started acknowledging the existence of the mafia? Or was it known to the public at that time?
We could say 1957 with theApalachin Meeting incident, tho it's not until debut of Kennedy administration in 1961 the American Mafia started to take huge hits when JFK put his Mafia hating brother, Bobby Kennedy, Attorney General. Bobby Kennedy hated both the Mafia and Hoover, so he forced Hoover to hit the Mafia hardcore style. Then,Joe Valachiturned a rat in 1963 and that's when people first heard about "Cosa Nostra" and the inner organization and structure of the American Mafia. That said, Hoover didn't really go nuts against the Mafia and always dragged his feet until he died in 1972. His reasons are currently unknown.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I need to get my memory checked, I could have sworn the hanky looked different when I watched it a few days ago...

ZV30YRj.gif

Joe_sl

shitlord
What was the significance of the handkerchief of the agent? What were the initials? Eli looked like he clued in on something.

iannis

Musty Nester
Those handkerchiefs were monogrammed with the initials of the owner, a status thing. The initials didn't match up to what the probie agent said his name was, so Eli had an oh shit moment. He's clued in that there's a lie somewhere -- but going from the handkerchief being wrong directly to "he's a SPY!" is maybe a bit direct.

My guess is that either Eli is going to immediately murder Probie Fanatic or it's gonna be a slow game for the rest of the season with Eli feeding him bullshit jobs. You know, having him put nothing but meaningless or politically embarassing (for someone else) crap into safety deposit boxes so that when the raid comes Probie Freakshow looks like an idgit.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To me he bite his hand because he got the hintaftergiving Knox the account handbooks. Now he'll have to get them back and deal with Knox.