Boardwalk Empire

iannis

Musty Nester
Unlike their other shows, I bet their main budget item is actor salaries for this one.

I imagine it'll go as long as Scorsese cares to make it. This is pretty much his masterpiece.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
You're nuts the best scene (possibly in the series) this season was the showdown with chalky.
This is what's great about this show. Every storyline is great. My favorite scene this season? Michael Shannon's "I used to believe in god. Now I don't believe in anything" monologue.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Chalky and Harrow meet up made my dick move. Hope I'm not being teased.

I think every season should end with a Harrow massacre.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
'Alright, let's sort it out.' I absolutely can not wait for the next episode, I'm getting angry every time it fades to black and the episode's over, this is just so good right now.

Dalnoth_sl

shitlord
I wanted to club seals when the last scene ended.
Baytor turning is something I definitely didn't see coming. I think Eli finally turned a corner with this poor kid when he said "Isnt it what we do?"

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Chalky and Harrow meet up made my dick move. Hope I'm not being teased.

I think every season should end with a Harrow massacre.
"Mr. Harrow......Mr White."

I popped wood too, let's have a sword fight!

God damn this show is good. I don't think any other show could get away with having this many story lines and consistently being this fucking awesome. 2 episodes left this season?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you guys think chaulky is gonna think nucky set him up? that would be the easy story to follow, or would nucky just say "i'd like to make amends, let me present mr. harrow at your service"

Brad2770

Chaulky will think that he was set up, but I don't think it will last into the next season. I loved seeing Chaulky and Harrow share the screen together. I hope they kill lots of people.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think that Nucky is going to bring Chalky the head of Narcisse, literally the mans head, in order to show that he didn't set him up.

That's what the Mayor turning is SO bad -- because it looks the way it looks. Basically Narcisse tried to kill chalky and castrate nucky all in one move. Nucky mustered the army. Shit ain't gonna play.

HARROWSPLATS INCOMING!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I imagine it'll go as long as Scorsese cares to make it. This is pretty much his masterpiece.
This isn't Scorsese show though : he directed the pilot, he is credited as one of the executive producers (like Mark Wahlberg) but it's quite doubtful he really runs anything in the show (his executive producer title could very well be honorary, like "thank you for directing the pilot, here take this title").

Boardwalk Empire's showrunner (which generally outranks exec producers) is Terence Winter, he's the lead guy here. If any, Boardwalk Empire is Winter show, not Scorsese's. Terence Winter is Boardwalk Empire creator, showrunner, producer and main writer. Scorsese only directed the pilot.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scorsese was consulted weekly during the first season. I'm not sure about now.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Lol, masterpiece. Its great and all, but directing the pilot and being consulted weekly on a series doesn't even approach the level of directing Taxi Driver, Raging Bull or Goodfellas. Lol.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
The scenes are set up extremely well. I know Meyer Lansky goes on to live a long time but his scene in front of the open grave still seemed very tense.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aww don't say that, some of us are enjoying our historical ignorance! Next you're prolly gonna tell us what happens to Van Alden or Harrow ><