Boardwalk Empire

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I wasn't going to, the story isn't following history to the letter anyway. More like inspired by history. But I won't post any of that stuff.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I can't be the only person who yelled "Fuck Ya" when Capone got out of the car in the lumber yard. And of all the hot girls on the show I think Nucky's New York girlfriend (the actress who goes boom) was by far the hottest. Probably because of the cute button nose and bubbly personality. It SHOULD be the redhead who runs the whore house but she annoys the shit out of me to no end.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And of all the hot girls on the show I think Nucky's New York girlfriend (the actress who goes boom) was by far the hottest. Probably because of the cute button nose and bubbly personality. It SHOULD be the redhead who runs the whore house but she annoys the shit out of me to no end.
Van Alden's baby momma.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Season 3 was the best season so far imo. There are so many great characters that they can kill a couple off and still have a solid show. Great setup for next season. Hope they get rid of margret somehow and get to the point with the Van Alden storyline.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I remember liking Jimmy's girl in Chicago. The one that got her face slashed. Prior to that happening obviously.

Filwen_sl

shitlord
Why do you say Rothstein has no backbone? I never seen his character as weak. Nucky betrayed Rothstein because Rothstein pulling away made everything much more likely to fuck him over until Capone showed up.
I guess I phrased this poorly. What I meant was that he doesn't stand for anything, ever. He just wants money and is always playing an angle. I just dislike him. I suppose the angle part could be said for everyone in the show, but still, he just rubs me the wrong way.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hell fucking yes. That woman is nasty and she is DOWN for Van Alden. Add to that she is a smoking hot foreigner and I'm about halfway there just talking about it.
His baby momma is dead isn't she? I can't remember what happened to that crazy whore.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Wow, yeah I totally missed that too.

I want to see Van Alden's ex wife come back and really push him over the edge only to have swedish chick slay her. And then yell "HUSBAND!" as she stands over her dead body.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I also missed the second child completely. Just goes to show we need more Van Alden.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Lmao... wow. I think everyone BUT you missed the second kid. I just asked my buddy and he didn't notice either.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Season 3 was set 18 months or so after season 2, most of you all just presumed it's was the worlds slowest growing baby?
tongue.png

It looked like she had her child not that long before the season started so his first child would have still been under 2 or so at that point. I don't think they ever referred to two children onscreen but there was a couple of shots iirc where she was nursing the youngest and the older one was in the crib in the background.

tongue.png

tongue.png

Dalnoth_sl

shitlord
The lengths they go to make this show feel historically sound and make you feel that you are actually watching something from the 1920's is what sold it for me. It actually turned out to be in my opinion the best show on television now three years running. I am an absolute fanatic about history, so this show really does it for me. It'll be really sad times when this doesn't get renewed, but I know it will happen a lot quicker than with other shows because of the tremendous overhead that comes with actually making it feel historically sound and recreating all the boardwalk scenes, costumes, props and anything else that goes with it. They dump a TON of money into making this. The pilot episode itself cost almost 20 million to make.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm surprised at how quickly they're progressing through the prohibition era. The show started at the beginning and after 3 seasons they're already in 1924, aren't they? Given the large amount of time between each season, that means season 4 will probably start sometime in 1925 or even 1926.

I'm curious if they have a plan of taking the show all the way to the end of that era.