Boardwalk Empire

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fucking hate the new Guinness Black commercial with Richard.

"How can something black be refreshing? ICED COFFEE AND SODA POP ARE BLACK DURRRRRRRR"

Fucking retarded.

Anyways, after GoT tonight they showed that same trailer Fedor posted, except instead of "Fall" it said September 8th. So yay.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I'll be watching this for sure, but who is this new opponent of Nuckys? He's just been in a pretty tight spot, but come out on top, kicking ass all around.

And now there's this random, evil doctor guy out of nowhere; i'm really curious on how they're going to establish this guy as a serious threat for Nucky.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
And I am glad I do not have to watch Dexter with this show. BWE surely made me realize how much better TV could be than what they have been giving us with Dexter. I still like Dexter though.
Dexter is what happens when you mix good (HBO level) acting and direction with broadcast TV writing. I enjoy it just for the characters and interactions, I really, really try to ignore the writing. But yeah, BWE is written far, far better.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Showtime has a pretty long track record of getting lazy with what were at one time really good shows. They really aren't at the same level HBO is at though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Showtime shows tend to start going down the tubes around the fourth season. They've burned me enough times that I won't even start watching a Showtime show no matter how awesome it looks because I know it will turn to shit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Showtime shows tend to start going down the tubes around the fourth season. They've burned me enough times that I won't even start watching a Showtime show no matter how awesome it looks because I know it will turn to shit.
Says he won't enjoy YEARS of a great show because the 5th will probably suck.....lifelong Bengals fan....

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He's got a point though. It's painful to watch a show you love devolve into complete crap.

I think he's being generous with how long it takes.

Weeds took 2.5 seasons. Californication took 2.5 seasons (the end of season 1 til halfway through season two were absolute shit. It got better in season 3 but season 4 was kinda just more of the same which made it boring). Homeland looks like it's going to get way too over the top and started to lose me in season 2. Dexter is the only showtime show that stayed good for more than 3 seasons. I couldn't even watch season 7 though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's got a point though. It's painful to watch a show you love devolve into complete crap.
Stop watching. Show turning to shit doesn't make the time you enjoyed it no longer count. I still watch Scrubs reruns sometimes even though they made that atrocious final season mess. Are you people running around shaking your fists at the heavens that you wasted so much of your lives watching and enjoying the fuck out of the first 8 seasons of the Simpsons because later seasons sucked?

Basically it's stupid. Doubly so from someone who hitched their wagon to a team that hasn't won a meaningful NFL game in decades.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You hurt me, bro. I didn't even realize there was a Bengals bandwagon to hitch to. The Akili Smith years really brought in a lot of fans I guess.

The Pirates will end up with a losing season.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
God damn this show is so fucking good. It's one of the few shows I can think of that actually improves with each season.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Killing off Darmody was a risky move, but it really did improve the show a great deal. I hope Jillian is back though, as she's a pretty interesting character.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tell me about it. I really saw Darmody as being the future of the show, and god damn did they make him easily forgotten. He played a similar role in 7 Psychopaths. Here and gone, easily forgotten. Love this show.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Tell me about it. I really saw Darmody as being the future of the show, and god damn did they make him easily forgotten. He played a similar role in 7 Psychopaths. Here and gone, easily forgotten. Love this show.
Totally. I honestly wasn't as big of a fan of season 1 as a lot of people here were. But they completely took care of any issues I was having by having the shows focus not always be on Nucky. I thought they were shooting themselves in the foot by getting rid of Jimmy. Completely wrong. Season 3 was even better. Can't wait for more.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Jimmy moped too much. He was pretty interesting early on when he was getting started with Capone, and then once he fell in with his mother he started going to shit. I liked him when he seemed to be in control and a viable foil to Nucky, but once it became painfully clear that he was in over his head I stopped caring as much. They gave him a good sendoff though.

Super glad that Richard Harrow has gotten more screen time in his absence. Best fucking character on the show.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, it didn't bother me at all when they killed off Jimmy. He just wasn't that interesting of a character to me. Looking forward to seeing what happens going forward... last season was amazing.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I want more Chalky White. While I don't personally care for the character very much, Michael K Williams was awesome as Omar. I'm hoping to relive some of that awesomeness in a new older setting if they write him that way.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Killing off Darmody was a risky move, but it really did improve the show a great deal. I hopeGillian is back though, as she's a pretty interesting character.
i hate that bitch.probably the caracter i hate the most in any series i've ever seen.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I want more Chalky White. While I don't personally care for the character very much, Michael K Williams was awesome as Omar. I'm hoping to relive some of that awesomeness in a new older setting if they write him that way.
Chalky White is a fucking awesome character! Bite your tongue!