Bojack Horseman

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Portney alliteration gags were great, the first one was insane and I didn't expect them to keep happening. I think Todd being a background character is the best for his character, he does make me laugh occasionally butting in.

How can such a depressing show leave me instantly wanting more episodes? The Beatrice episode was brutal and amazing at the same time.
The two best and most thought provoking shows of the last 3 years are cartoons.
Todd is weak link in this show and less of him makes the episode better.

Pretty much just agree with this statement I guess. Between Bojack and Rick & Morty it's a weird time to be alive - I remember when Adult Swim first started and you had to explain what those "cartoons" were like to people. I think Futurama helped lead the way on what a well-written more mature cartoon can do, too. Now you have cartoons with writing so good they make the biggest live action shows of the decade look like hackjobs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
The Stupid Piece of Shit episode might be the most relatable thing I've ever seen and dear God I hope my kids didn't inherit that nagging voice in their head. Season was really good and the penultimate episode was amazing. Has season 5 been confirmed?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The Stupid Piece of Shit episode might be the most relatable thing I've ever seen and dear God I hope my kids didn't inherit that nagging voice in their head. Season was really good and the penultimate episode was amazing. Has season 5 been confirmed?
Most people have one, especially if they lead what anyone else would call a "successful" life.

I don't think another season has been confirmed yet, but they'd be crazy not to do it. With most dramas going down in quality over the seasons, many animated series seem to buckle that trend.

Of course, if they feel like they are out of ideas and Bojack is in a good place after the finale, it'd better if they just ended it instead of going into mediocricity.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The Portney alliteration gags were great, the first one was insane and I didn't expect them to keep happening. I think Todd being a background character is the best for his character, he does make me laugh occasionally butting in.

Pretty much just agree with this statement I guess. Between Bojack and Rick & Morty it's a weird time to be alive - I remember when Adult Swim first started and you had to explain what those "cartoons" were like to people. I think Futurama helped lead the way on what a well-written more mature cartoon can do, too. Now you have cartoons with writing so good they make the biggest live action shows of the decade look like hackjobs.

Is it that strange? The problem with cartoons as a medium was really ancient preconceived notions and the sheer amount of time it takes to produce one of any quality. The former was fixed with time and the latter with technology.

I think it's only going to get stronger as a medium as time goes on. You can make the most brilliant script and not be constrained overmuch by travel, location, scripting, effects, etc. You can just do whatever you want all the time, perfect creative freedom.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I think Bojack and F is for Family are in a contest to see which show can make me feel more depressed. These are not feel-good shows even though they are really good shows.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I really liked that this season ended with a smile, unlike all the others. Especially after episode 11 of this season. Can't wait for more of this show, it's really amazing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I actually think the opposite. I loved the seasons when it ends and you feel like shit. No other shows really do that. Most just have cliffhangers that leave you not knowing how to feel.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just started watching this.

I've been drinking more.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I actually think the opposite. I loved the seasons when it ends and you feel like shit. No other shows really do that. Most just have cliffhangers that leave you not knowing how to feel.
Well you could just cut this season an episode early and you'd replicate that old familiar feeling.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
My favorite line in the season has to be : "Someone better check the ph levels in that jazuzzi because these bitches are basic"

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Can't wait. This is one of the best shows currently being made. It makes you feel terrible in all the right ways.

I watched Time's Arrow while recovering from surgery and doped up on pain killers while half asleep, and had to restart the episode several times after nodding off. It was a really fucked up experience to keep waking up to Beatrice's flashbacks.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Today is the day! I am ready to be depressed. Seriously this show is all about schadenfreude

velk

Trakanon Raider
This season was surprisingly funny.

"Henry Fondles is a sex robot, and has no business being CEO of a major company."

"You mean that metaphorically right ?"

lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
Funeral episode was great. I also really liked the male feminist episode. And Mr. Peanut Butter's puns continue to be top notch.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
By the end of the season I would say that I didn't really like it. Season 4 I thought was just great and I really liked all the different ways they used the versatility of animation to tell stories. This season it felt like a poor imitation of that. We spend the start of the season not really doing all that much and by the time we're finally focused on Bojack's pill-fueled dissociations there's not much time left and everything is rushed.

The show had some high points and of course the monologue funeral episode is top notch but as a whole I'd put this season towards the bottom.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Free Churro was great. It's a really strong showing of the unique blend of humour and reality that the show has. Anyone that's been in the same situation knows all too well how there are a thousand questions, and zero answers.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Right after the opening teaser 'THAAAANANKKKK YOOOOUUUU" I realized that this whole episode was going to be a 'single take' monologue. Pretty bold and yet very effective.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users