Bojack Horseman

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Finished this a week ago, thought they balanced the darkness and humor a lot better this season. Love the show.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This show is awesome. I absolutely love the intro too. I watch it every time and I don't do that for any show really.

Its like Seinfeld, except darker and full of anthropomorphic animals and ridiculous situations that stem from nothing.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I love that character actress Margot Martindale has now won an Emmy (for her work on the Americans...not Bojack)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
GF always buys these stupid things, I kinda want the Mr Peanut butter one

765407492420-2.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The summer has been looking too bright without my dose of crippling depression, can't wait.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Watched the first 2 episodes, it's still great, riding the line between edgy jokes, animal puns and soul crushing sadness.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Overall better then last season and a much different ending.

R.I.P Zach Braff, you won't be missed.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I recommend taking a break between each episode in the second half of the season, because that is some heavy stuff.

Finished it, it's not darker than previous seasons, but diffferent, 11/10, must watch.

The animal puns and gags are as clever as ever, shelfie in particular made me giggle. The writing positions in the Girlcroosh place were a great running joke.

Thoughts and prayers.

All the flashback episodes were pretty fucked up, even with all the gags they put in, it just hurt to watch since you know what is coming, but you don't want to see it. But they will show you. Bojack's mother made some shitty decisions, but she was mostly scared to death by what happened to her mother it seems. The political commentary was kind of obvious, thank god they gave it a happy ending, since the show is about characters, not "the system". Bojack's role as the nexus of depression and bad decisions has been downgraded somewhat, which is a welcome change, with most depressing decisions offloaded to Princess Carolyn, Mr. PB and Holyhock. Booty academy is an idea worthy of an emmy, especially with sir Mixalot on the panel.
"Stupid piece of shit" is probably the standout episode for me.

Last edited:

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
The best way to watch season 4: break out the depeche mode and razor blades. Devastating moments partly assuaged by humor. This season also seems to effectively use nonlinear storytelling.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't know what season we had on but there's this episode where it flashes back to 2007 and there's a panhandler with a bifold advertisement sign thing that says "CHEAP HOME LOANS. No job? No credit? No problem!"

I nearly died laughing

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm about halfway through right now and it's pretty great. Episode 2 was fantastic, the banter was top notch, and the line from the grandfather was out of nowhere amazing.... "If anything, blame the Jews for peeving off Hitler so much" delivered so perfectly too. So many good lines in that episode. Of course, also pretty sad, as that's how it works.

I felt like Todd's episode was kinda weak but Todd in all the other episodes has been great.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Thanks to reddit I finally realized something about the intro:

When Beatrice moves in, Bojack starts tripping every time he drinks the coffee.

"Somebody better be checking pH levels in that jacuzzi because these bitches be basic"

Todd has been reduced to random jokes with no real development this season and I don't really mind.

I wonder how many takes did it take for the VA's to do all the Courtney Portnoy lines.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
really great season, better than last.

this is the only show that makes me feel anything inside anymore

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
How can such a depressing show leave me instantly wanting more episodes? The Beatrice episode was brutal and amazing at the same time.

The two best and most thought provoking shows of the last 3 years are cartoons.

Todd is weak link in this show and less of him makes the episode better.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user