Border Issue

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah those Pro Life, Anti Gay rights Catholics are regular free love hippies.

And its sounds less like that pastor was saying "Everyone adopt a little brown kid" and more "Maybe you should feel empathy for your fellow man and do something to help."

I listened to a fucking moron at a BBQ this weekend rail on about how we need to turn everyone of those kids back, Not our problem, fuck them he doesnt pay taxes to take care of other peoples problems. He even went as far to say he wouldnt want tax money paying to deport them back to their origin. "Just tell them no at the border and let them wander around mexico. who cares".

Then I see him leave and he has a Jesus Fish on his car.

All I know is if a random starving kid shows up on my doorstep tonight, the victim of gods knows what kind of horrors, sent away by his family to escape even more horrors, I would want to help him. Sure its not my duty or responsibility to feed him, cloth him, or house him for 18 years. But I sure as shit wouldnt slam the door in his face. I would see what kind of help I can give him and try to maybe find the cause of why he was there.

I dont know how some people could have no problem sending more money to Iraq, or bombing Syria, or going after Kony, or fighting russia, or Boko Haram, etc (Libs and Cons) but if you wanted to spend the same money to stem the stream of children fleeing to America its a waste of money and we should just build a fence.

iannis

Musty Nester
To be fair to the pastor I wasn't really listening throughout most of the sermon, I started paying attention when he brought up the refugee situation.

I'm also not considering adopting/fostering, I was just curious as to how difficult it'd be to foster a refugee. I agree that if someone 'just wanted to do something to help' that mailing a check would be better than guilt-fostering a kid.

also lol @ the 'Catholics are liberals', as if there isn't a huge number of conservative Catholics, along with the, 'have you read the bible much?'. You get so irritating anytime religion comes up.
As long as you're not human garbage, don't have an arrest record, and have a few years of solid tax returns it's not hard to foster children.

What is hard is if/when you get one that you like. Adoption is, surprisingly, a trial by combat. You'd think it would beeasyto adopt. Or at least easier. But its one of those areas where the state is both fearful and responsible at the same time and when combined with the work ethic of your average social worker multiplied by needing about 500 signatures. Well, it ain't quick.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't lash out at a_skeleton_03 too much on Catholics - they're highly variable based on where they're at in the nation I've found as a Catholic that got smacked down on the issue before elsewhere because I've proudly made his same exclamation in past because of the Catholics I've known. [And note, Gunnar - if you look at the rare times they poll people's religious background for such stuff - the ACTIVISTS are rarely Catholic in comparison to Protestant - they might agree with the issues, but they're not the one's picketing and blocking things - and even then, that's just a portion (especially recently on the latter case)]

Catholics are largely reflective of the areas that they're in more than their religion - almost all Catholics in the North East for example have a moderate stance with a liberal lean. (In fact, being raised Catholic all my years, I'd say that its influence has edged me to where I am now even though I no longer practice)

And for the Catholic Priesthood itself most of the orders are varying levels of liberal, but there still are some conservative (by political standards) orders as well - Jesuits are almost hippy levels of liberal for example.

iannis

Musty Nester
Even "formality" adoptions by marriage aren't that fast. I remember when I was in high school one of my friends mothers remarried. She'd been a single mom ever since we knew, apparently his dad cut out on him and his brother when they were toddlers. So the new stepdad decided to adopt the two sons. The sons were willing, the mother was willing, the stepdad was willing, and even the father (once they tracked him down) was willing.

It still took over a year.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
To be fair to the pastor I wasn't really listening throughout most of the sermon, I started paying attention when he brought up the refugee situation.

I'm also not considering adopting/fostering, I was just curious as to how difficult it'd be to foster a refugee. I agree that if someone 'just wanted to do something to help' that mailing a check would be better than guilt-fostering a kid.

also lol @ the 'Catholics are liberals', as if there isn't a huge number of conservative Catholics, along with the, 'have you read the bible much?'. You get so irritating anytime religion comes up.
Bulleted lists = sarcasm.

Have you read the Bible much = sarcasm.

I felt I made that fairly apparent. I did not though as I read it now. I put too much reality in along with the sarcasm, my bad dawg.

I know you aren't really interested in fostering/adopting. Not many people are.

My response had less to do with religion and more to do with fostering etc... so don't get into the you're so annoying when it comes to religion shtick.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_71244.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
For the record, I like Vaclav's posts in General. Regardless of the topic, he at least backs them up when asked to (right or wrong).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
For the record, I like Vaclav's posts in General. Regardless of the topic, he at least backs them up when asked to (right or wrong).
Do you realize that this post is a death sentence to most posters? Most posters would quit posting if they got your stamp of approval. He just might do that. I hope he doesn't but I wouldn't blame him. You should give him a free name change, witness protection style to wipe the stigma of you liking him off his slate.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Did we ever get any proof of mass rioting and flag burning?
Nope. Every day I check this thread in anticipation of seeing proof for the entire reason this thread was created and everyday I leave dissapointed. Maybe tommorrow.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Nope. Every day I check this thread in anticipation of seeing proof for the entire reason this thread was created and everyday I leave dissapointed. Maybe tommorrow.
I live about 45 minutes away from all this supposed rioting and I am not driving up there to see something that isn't there.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I didnt really like vaclav before (he gives liberals a bad name), but now I hate him.