Border Issue

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone considered the idea that Merlin isn't actually in college, but is instead on some Bill Madison-esque adventure in the middle school range. Hence the addition/subtraction with negatives homework?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just assumed that was some remedial math class that doesn't actually count for credit, but because you tested so badly is required before you can start taking higher stuff. I mean, what's the most basic (for credit) math class? Algebra I?

khalid

Unelected Mod
I just assumed that was some remedial math class that doesn't actually count for credit, but because you tested so badly is required before you can start taking higher stuff. I mean, what's the most basic (for credit) math class? Algebra I?
Pretty much. Lowest course numbered class at my university is an algebra class teaching linear equations, rational expressions, polynomials and the like. However, it gives no credit towards any bachelor's degree or higher. Never taught this class, so no idea how basic it really is.

Lowest that offers actual credit is college algebra, which doesn't really sound much different than that. Logarithms, binomial theorem, systems of systems of equations and the like.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I started at that low of math. Its pretty much refresher algebra, basics of polynomials and graphing. More or less college algebra without complex numbers, logs, matrices.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought this was an interesting read on the Border Patrol and their growing influence on the American Southwest:

The Constitution-Free Agency - POLITICO Magazine

I haven't been to the southwest or Texas in 10+ years, and don't really know anyone down there outside of some family in San Diego, so I would be interested if one of y'all lives down there what your take on this is. Real concern? Or ridiculous alarmism?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
A illegal alien, who's a journalist, feels trapped in Texas because of the Border Patrol? L O fucking L I'd read the mother and kids stuck in the desert due to slashed tires before, and just hanging on this forum you'll see other such stories, but I'm still laughing at the beginning and ending of the article referring to this poor trapped "undocumented" immigrant.

You SHOULD feel trapped you stupid fuck, get the fuck outta my country before the Minutemen find you and hang you from a tree.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is James O'Keefe the only conservative making decent comedy these days?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe he should dress up as Hitler and see if another dead guy gets attention, if not go with Spetsnaz while not carrying a hockey stick.