Borderlands 3

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This game is good but its full of bullshit QA, bad bugs, and just general annoyances that should not exist. Overall though, just beat it, I'll give it a 9/10 still.

However, a good example of what I'm talking about -- which seems to be overall pervasive throughout the entire experience, is shit like... bosses getting stuck forcing you to refight the whole thing. NPCs that get stuck (Balex did this to me twice) forcing you to reload. I, like most others, fell through the world after Troy fight (After 5 minutes it finally killed me so patience allowed me to actually get my loot). And other things that I feel should have been caught in QA, such as being a siren and having "Do unto Others" and doing that quest that says "do not under any circumstances fight back". The moment that NPC hits me I automatically fire that projectile and kill it. The quest cannot be done with a bonus as a siren if you have that ability.

Things like this exist all over BL3. Even so the game is so good it can be overlooked, but I'm really surprised that this much exists in the game that is either broken/busted, or poorly QAed and thought out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This game is good but its full of bullshit QA, bad bugs, and just general annoyances that should not exist. Overall though, just beat it, I'll give it a 9/10 still.

However, a good example of what I'm talking about -- which seems to be overall pervasive throughout the entire experience, is shit like... bosses getting stuck forcing you to refight the whole thing. NPCs that get stuck (Balex did this to me twice) forcing you to reload. I, like most others, fell through the world after Troy fight (After 5 minutes it finally killed me so patience allowed me to actually get my loot). And other things that I feel should have been caught in QA, such as being a siren and having "Do unto Others" and doing that quest that says "do not under any circumstances fight back". The moment that NPC hits me I automatically fire that projectile and kill it. The quest cannot be done with a bonus as a siren if you have that ability.

Things like this exist all over BL3. Even so the game is so good it can be overlooked, but I'm really surprised that this much exists in the game that is either broken/busted, or poorly QAed and thought out.

Teleporting bosses getting stuck in geometry, had a mission where I was supposed to clear an area and a mob got stuck somewhere under where I could go. There are bugs yet none I have seen or heard of are game breaking, annoying and frustrating yes but not game breaking.

My biggest beef is the game telling me there is an update available and yet I have no way to manually update the game on PC and it doesn't look like the auto updater is doing anything but I can't figure out how to check my version vs the current. I am newish to pc gaming outside of wow and steam so this annoys me.

edit: also, the quest ECHOnet Neutrality shows they don't get memes at all

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
so what's the best plan after the first playthrough? I read somewhere to activate mayhem mode and do remaining sidequests to level to 50 and then play through TVHM at 50 so that all the quest rewards will be maxed. My first playthrough was Zane, but I started up Flak to try something different before deciding where I really want to dedicate my time

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Teleporting bosses getting stuck in geometry, had a mission where I was supposed to clear an area and a mob got stuck somewhere under where I could go. There are bugs yet none I have seen or heard of are game breaking, annoying and frustrating yes but not game breaking.

My biggest beef is the game telling me there is an update available and yet I have no way to manually update the game on PC and it doesn't look like the auto updater is doing anything but I can't figure out how to check my version vs the current. I am newish to pc gaming outside of wow and steam so this annoys me.

edit: also, the quest ECHOnet Neutrality shows they don't get memes at all

The update is just a hotfix that doesn't require any downloading. It basically just nerfed some loot pinatas and Torgue shotguns

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
BTW, for the first time when I got a kill and heard my character say "I am a legend!" I knew exactly what that came from, which I found hilarious. Since this game is full of memes and shit it had to come from Ryan Lockwood's streets 1:12.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Curious if this is an exploit? Basically save scumming?

On "beneath the meridian" in the rampage vault, I closed the game last night after beating the boss and looting, but before doing the "talk to ava" portion. Now I can keep looting and exiting, then load up again and loot the whole vault again.

Edit - picture of quest stage I stopped at. Loads right back in to the top of the ramp. Takes about 2 minutes to run through all and reload, and it gives whatever that cosmetic currency is.

PS Communities_20190924_205135.jpg

Is that an exploit/bug, or is that just Borderlands? I seem to remember doing save scumming in BL1 before there was even a name for it.

Last edited:

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Curious if this is an exploit? Basically save scumming?

On "beneath the meridian" in the rampage vault, I closed the game last night after beating the boss and looting, but before doing the "talk to ava" portion. Now I can keep looting and exiting, then load up again and loot the whole vault again.

Is that an exploit/bug, or is that just Borderlands? I seem to remember doing save scumming in BL1 before there was even a name for it.

Bad sequencing on their part, fortuitous timing and clever use of game mechanics on yours. Usually you have to jump through a few more hurdles when save scumming in Borderlands, or at least I always had too.

On another note, I stand by my 8/10. I keep walking away and I keep coming back, not getting the Surge 2 yet and not just because I am waiting for the first updates on pc. I have the ridiculous Legendary Shotgun that lays out a field of explosions that when timed right just melts shit. There are some gnarly fun guns in this one and serious fucking useless garbage. It's Borderlands!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Bad sequencing on their part, fortuitous timing and clever use of game mechanics on yours. Usually you have to jump through a few more hurdles when save scumming in Borderlands, or at least I always had too.

On another note, I stand by my 8/10. I keep walking away and I keep coming back, not getting the Surge 2 yet and not just because I am waiting for the first updates on pc. I have the ridiculous Legendary Shotgun that lays out a field of explosions that when timed right just melts shit. There are some gnarly fun guns in this one and serious fucking useless garbage. It's Borderlands!
Well shit. That means I have to do this 75 more times until I advance the story

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
That's par for the course in Borderlands 3. Another example:
meeting Wainwright Jakobs for the first time, there are two chests in his house and he says "help yourself then talk to me". You can loot and quit, reload, repeat.
However, it's pretty inconsequential since chests, even the gold key ones, are mostly shit in this game and instagibbing bosses or trash mobs is a better use of your time than save scumming.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
BTW, for the first time when I got a kill and heard my character say "I am a legend!" I knew exactly what that came from, which I found hilarious. Since this game is full of memes and shit it had to come from Ryan Lockwood's streets 1:12.

The chick early in the game who is screaming "no wire hangers" is from Mommie Dearest, 1981 movie and seems like a weird thing to include in a video game in 2019.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i haven't played it, but i've seen a few different odd references or jokes that are much less clever than they think they are... maybe that's the tone of the whole game, or maybe that's just a couple of dumb jokes out of a bunch of good ones...

either way i can almost guarantee that they were put in by pitchford. he has such a "i'm really funny, all my friends tell me i should be a comedian/magician" vibe to him... like i don't even think it's an issue of surrounding himself with yes men who just do whatever he tells them... i think he just goes up to the writers and tells them that he came up with the funniest idea and then micromanaged the whole thing until there was no choice but for it to end up in the final product.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
i haven't played it, but i've seen a few different odd references or jokes that are much less clever than they think they are... maybe that's the tone of the whole game, or maybe that's just a couple of dumb jokes out of a bunch of good ones...

either way i can almost guarantee that they were put in by pitchford. he has such a "i'm really funny, all my friends tell me i should be a comedian/magician" vibe to him... like i don't even think it's an issue of surrounding himself with yes men who just do whatever he tells them... i think he just goes up to the writers and tells them that he came up with the funniest idea and then micromanaged the whole thing until there was no choice but for it to end up in the final product.

The writing is disjointed in terms of comical tone, it honestly feels like they pulled something out of it and/or changed something at the last minute. That could just be me though.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've heard people say that about the comical tone. basically that the jokes are all hit or miss. when they hit the hit hard, and when the miss they miss by a mile

• 1Truth!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

I've high centered my vehicle multiple times on garbage geometry. So annoying.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The chick early in the game who is screaming "no wire hangers" is from Mommie Dearest, 1981 movie and seems like a weird thing to include in a video game in 2019.

I'm guessing whoever came up with the joke was inspired by Futurama referencing it, but even in 2003 it was an incredibly dated joke. Something as obscure as that in 2019 is weird.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked this up. Only lvl 7 using Moze, kind of sucks playing solo. PSN is T3IZM1N4L

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Jozu Jozu Heard the frame rate sucks on PS4 and needs to be patched badly. When that patch comes out I may try it.

Last edited: