Borderlands 3

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I hope the playable characters are enjoyable. Borderlands 2 ones were a little underwhelming for me, except for the dlc ones, which Krieg and Gaige were great.

It looks like Brick, Mordecai and I think the chick with bunny ears was Tiny Tina return. Which is also awesome

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The spoiler tag in the earlier post gives the 4 new hunters. The older characters return but as NPCs just as the ones from BL1 showed up in BL2

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I hope this is good. We had so much fun in co-op BL1 and 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Says writing will be more like 1...but there wasn't a ton of story to the first really, at least not the deal that 2 had. I hope that's not what they mean.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I hope the playable characters are enjoyable. Borderlands 2 ones were a little underwhelming for me, except for the dlc ones, which Krieg and Gaige were great.

It looks like Brick, Mordecai and I think the chick with bunny ears was Tiny Tina return. Which is also awesome

I thought Zer0 was pretty damn fun

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Borderlands 1 was one of the most surprising games I ever played. I was surprised it was fun and that I enjoyed it, best part was I got it for free as I was trading in games and preordering something else and they said that because I wasn’t trading in 3 or more games I get borderlands for free.

Borderlands 2 is one of my fav games of all time, I hope this doesn’t suck and that the developers haven’t completely lost their way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wonder why the long break between games? Clearly this was a cash machine for that company.

Now granted you dont want to shit out shit just for the sake of having new shit, but still. What has it been a few years since the last Borderlands?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
At PAX East two years ago (Gearbox did not do a presentation in 2018) while talking about their new role as a Publisher and shilling for BattleBorn they also showed off some of their tech demo work which included some obvious BL3-type 'Pandora' assets.

Basically they wanted to be able to do more interesting things with lighting and cell shading than had been possible for BL2 and it was clear they were holding off major work on the title itself until they got their engine doing the sorts of things they felt were necessary to be worthy of a full sequel.

I could easily see BL3 making aggressive use of the raytracing potential of the latest graphics cards to produce something sublime and yet still cell shaded.

Goatface

any word if going to be a live service or standalone?
i had about 2000 hours into BL1 and 2, but after grinding for some ridiculous rare heads
just said screw and just edited them in, which ruined the game

know they said wouldn't be a live service a few years ago, but that seem like too much money too miss out on

• 1Like

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah BL2 was some of the most fun I've ever had in gaming, especially in co-op...so damn, this might actually be the first game I'm forced to install/use the Epic store.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
cautiously looking forward to this

I hope they clean up the loot a little bit, make it a bit more random / fun / rewarding like arpg games and don't have it so you have to farm specific mobs for specific guns.

pls don't be heavily sjw influenced story / acting ect

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'm just hoping it's not matchmaking based and you can still host your own games, essentially allowing host side mods for talents, community patches and drop rate tweaks etc.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
yes please. been re-playing 1 and 2 lately and they still hold up. feels like I was a kid when the first came out.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
My only reticence comes from knowing that Mikey Neumann (Scooter / former lead writer at Borderlands) probably had no hand in the development of this. I suppose its possible he worked on it before he left the company but his irreverent sense of humor is always what made the game special.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I am obviously old school and a little more in the minority here in that I enjoyed 1 far more than 2. I've given 2 several chances, and finished the story once, but it never gripped me like 1. I played through 1 with every character several times and never got bored.

It may have been the larger, sprawling maps in 2 that sometimes were too BIG? And IIRC the respawn annoyed me to no end.

Not to say 2 wasn't good, but it wasn't 1 good imo. So if 3 is more like 1, then I am in.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users