Borderlands 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Loved BL1, 2 and even TPS. Color me excited even if this announcement is just "We're going to start soon" which means it'll be out in 3 years.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They made a point to actually say it wasn't officially Borderlands 3, that they might go with a different title all together, but that it was definitely the next Borderlands game and that it was already in development and several of the people on the stage were working on it now that Battleborn was Gold. Some people would remain on the Battleborn team to support the various updates and the Season worth of DLC, but that the lion's share of the creative folks would move steadily over to Borderlands. Mikey Neumann even said that he had worked on Scooters illegitimate son named Scooper as a character, but that it was certainly not a done deal that such a kid would feature in the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
stop trying to make battleborn a thing gearbox, no one cares

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I feel like they have milked Borderlands dry and without some innovation on the basic formula, it's gonna stink. My biggest issue is probably the level and damage formula, it was alright in the original, but then BL2 went bonkers with the numbers and I heard TPS wasn't much better. The game works when you have appropriate or slightly stronger weapons, but grinds to a halt if you don't despite still doing the same stuff.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Those were fun games, my kids still play these all the time, especially the last one, after 2, my son was just playing it this week with his buddies. Its a cool FPS MP PvE which is kind of lacking in the marketplace. Most MP FPS are all about PvP.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
TPS was lacking a lot of charm and character that carried the first two. Also, outside of Athena's melee tree(which still had severe limitations itself), the skill design was not that great. Most of skills were just +gooder and synergized in uninteresting ways. BL2's Mechromancer was probably the pinnacle of what you could do with this game's skill and combat system.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Funny story, apparently one of the devs lives in my apartment complex. We drunkenly ogled his girlfriend at the pool and then invited him over to drink with us when we left. He mentioned working on battleborn, told him it sucked, then he said they were releasing borderlands 3.

Didnt believe him, guess I was wrong lol.

• 1Worf

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
These were fun coop games with friends at first but we were all pretty damn sick of them by the pre sequel and we never even bothered to finish it. I don't really have high hopes for this one though based on Gearboxes record, it sort of seems Borderlands was a fluke. Their lead designer for Borderlands left, the writer lost his damn mind, their Aliens game was horrible and apparently a huge scam to take money from Sega, Battleborn is boring as hell, don't know what they were thinking with Duke and the whole social media tie in codes giving loot in Borderlands 2/TPS was shitty. Still hoping that maybe it won't suck and won't have any social media bullshit tied to it.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Borderlands is one of the greatest series ever made and anyone who says otherwise should be fist raped by Brick on one of Tanis prized chairs.

Daemon Clark or whatever the fuck his name is probably did the best VA job in a game period.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't Borderlands 2 and TPS written by Cucktales himself? Parts of it were hilarious, but it certainly felt odd/tainted by sjw shit, even before I knew who that guy really was.

Really fun co-op games though, regardless. If they don't have Cucktales involved, I'll probably give this one a shot.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
TPS was lackluster but Borderlands 2, especially the Tiny Tina DLC, was great. The problem I felt with TPS was it felt like half a game - there simply wasn't enough content and not enough good DLCs. BL3 is going to need to go back up to BL2 levels of content for it to be good, and the writing needs to be way more like BL2 and way less like TPS.

With that said, I'm probably in

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I hope they take some inspiration from Tales from the Borderland (and ffs Telltale Games, make a new one!) because that actually brought back a lot of the BL2 feeling that was missing from TPS.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Loved 1 and 2 and played the shit out of them. Never got far in TPS as I hated both the jumping and oxygen mechanics. I'll see how this pans out.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It is more than a bit telling that their new game comes out in less than a week and 100% of the press about Gearbox is based on the brief mention of Borderlands 3 at their panel discussion.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
So is TPS worth buying for someone that loved BL2 and the telltale game? I was kinda put off by the prequel thing but might snatch it on the next steam sale.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I enjoyed TPS. It was not as good as the main games, but it certainly had a thorough injection of Australian humor into the mix. Well that and you can play as a killer ClapTrap and I could not possibly pass that up.

Note that even while it wasn't as good as what I would expect from a BL3, it was still significantly better than many other games out there.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wasn't Borderlands 2 and TPS written by Cucktales himself? Parts of it were hilarious, but it certainly felt odd/tainted by sjw shit, even before I knew who that guy really was.

Really fun co-op games though, regardless. If they don't have Cucktales involved, I'll probably give this one a shot.
People who found SJW shit in TPS are the same people who criticize SJW for reading too deeply into everything. The only thing that was even remotely SJW was Torgue's speech about the friendzone which I, personally, found hilarious.