Borderlands 3

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I think I've got a pretty good read on the story, but I'm only level 10. Girls = tough badasses and boys = heels. Right?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
been playing all evening with 3 of my buddies and its been pretty fucking fun! only level 21 though, cause we went back and did it again with our friend to catch up on the storyline. Still been really awesome.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played a Borderlands since the first game. Is this a must-buy?

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I haven't played a Borderlands since the first game. Is this a must-buy?

asking that question here is going to get you polarizing answers. some people will tell you to pirate it and not even play just to prove a point. others will tell you that piracy hurts the industry as a whole as well as the artists who worked extremely hard on it. so i'll do my best to give you the most middle of the road response i can...

sure? do you like looter shooters? do you like toilet humor? up to you, bro

• 1Solidarity

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I'm enjoying this so far but just need to vent at a stupid design decision that has followed this series since the beginning. The sequence goes;
1) Kill boss
2) Loot explosion
3) CUTSCENE

Which has fucked me 3 times now across BL games, since after
killing Troy
I ended up falling infinitely after the cutscene. Couldn't open map to travel, so had to quit to menu. Golden loot shower gone. New "lost loot" vending machine mechanic does nothing.

Like seriously give me 10 seconds to grab shit before you up-end the map and move my character below the floor?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Ya, the game has heavy twitch integration. I was watching Strippin the other day and people in his chat (name wise) would appear as badass mobs, people could vote on what type of loot would spawn, etc.

Despite whatever stupid choices the company has made in other areas--this is brilliant. Someone there has an eye for the future, video games have an ability to make entertainment interactive in ways other mediums never could. Designing systems specifically to allow the 'stars' of gaming to interact with their fans through the game is a great way to help build the communities that turn games into classics/juggernauts. IMO its going to be a huge aspect of gaming moving on in the future, exploiting the audience/observer aspect of gaming.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Despite whatever stupid choices the company has made in other areas--this is brilliant. Someone there has an eye for the future, video games have an ability to make entertainment interactive in ways other mediums never could. Designing systems specifically to allow the 'stars' of gaming to interact with their fans through the game is a great way to help build the communities that turn games into classics/juggernauts. IMO its going to be a huge aspect of gaming moving on in the future, exploiting the audience/observer aspect of gaming.

It is also a gigantic boon to streamer profits when it happens. There are tons of people who would pay 10 bucks to have a unique enemy spawned in with their name and the ability to control his load out and the things he says. There are also a smaller, but significant, number of people who will pay upwards of 50 dollars to control a boss for a single fight against a streamer. The potential for that tech is astounding.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every streamer who has the extension enabled should have "sponsored" in their title since the extension has a "buy now" button, imo. Even if they don't get a cut of the sale. At least now the viewer can turn it off.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm enjoying this so far but just need to vent at a stupid design decision that has followed this series since the beginning. The sequence goes;
1) Kill boss
2) Loot explosion
3) CUTSCENE

Which has fucked me 3 times now across BL games, since after
killing Troy
I ended up falling infinitely after the cutscene. Couldn't open map to travel, so had to quit to menu. Golden loot shower gone. New "lost loot" vending machine mechanic does nothing.

Like seriously give me 10 seconds to grab shit before you up-end the map and move my character below the floor?
Game is a bit unpolished for sure. I've fallen through the map twice (both during the Beneath the Meridian mission). Also had the game lock up on me twice.

Still fun as hell.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
anyone who doesn't pirate this game is a scumbag faggot

I take this back game looks really cool will buy in a few days when i get home im obviously the faggot amod pls turn any pos reactions from above posts to picards

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Lulz
1568565191590.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
It is funny how there is a quest in this game where Moxxi asks you to *literally* shoot her ex-boyfriend in the dick; but not a word about this online. Imagine the amount of REEEEEE! if the tables were turned? Ex-boyfriend asks you to go shoot his slut of an ex girlfriend in the snatch. Jesus. Too funny. This is the Age of the Double Standard.

• 1Truth!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It is funny how there is a quest in this game where Moxxi asks you to *literally* shoot her ex-boyfriend in the dick; but not a word about this online. Imagine the amount of REEEEEE! if the tables were turned? Ex-boyfriend asks you to go shoot his slut of an ex girlfriend in the snatch. Jesus. Too funny. This is the Age of the Double Standard.

To be fair, shooting a guy in the dick is objectively funnier

• 1Truth!