Borderlands 3

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I liked Tiny Tina and usually laughed at her dialogue. Now it feels like they're trying to create every character with her energy level and swagger, so it's deafening and they're completely missing the charm.

The game is still plenty enjoyable, I just don't like any of the characters. This feels like playing Black Ops without being able to mute the 12 year olds.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Awesome, a hotfix full of dumb nerfs, but bugs such as the vault deleting its entire contents randomly and guardian points going negative are still going strong. Why nerf Torgue shotguns when they were only broken when used with Fl4k / Fade Away? And while leaving Porcelain Pipe Bomb completely untouched? I'm not ok with the loot changes either, because frankly I have no interest in playing the game for a month just to get some good shit. This is very much a "play for a week or two and move on" kind of game.

Thankfully, since there's literally nothing I care about from those patch notes and their hotfixes are only downloaded when you launch the game and not through the usual PSN patching process, I can just disconnect my PS4 from the internet and keep playing the game as it was.

1) The Lost Loot kiosk does absolutely nothing. It doesn't save loot from a session disconnect, or when you fall through the floor after a boss and have to quit to menu, or when loot is on an unreachable part of the map. It was 100% empty the entire time I played.
Weird, every blue+ I don't pick up because I ran out of inventory space ends up in there, at least until it fills up.

2) Bank space maxes out at 50
Retarded design since BL1, and apparently they have no plans to ever change it significantly.

3) "Endgame" reward structure is all out of whack. On Mayhem 3 at lvl 50 your options are;
  • Slaughterhouse 3000 for 5 rounds of 3-5 waves each, with two giant bullet sponge bosses at the end of 2+ hours of fighting. This is fun and challenging, until you run out of ammo on every weapon type because the ammo canisters don't refill mid-round, and then have to spam your action ability and melee for an hour while running from one-shots. Reward: 1 red chest of purples and 1 legendary that drops off the map.
  • Run to a rare spawn boss and instagibb it for a chance at a specific legendary drop.
  • Do a chapter boss in 2 minutes (or 20 seconds with the pipe bomb grenade) and get 1-6 random legendaries.

Moze and Fl4k are the ones to play if you hate ammo management. I switched to Moze after about 15 levels of Zane and never looked back since she also turned out to be arguably (ignoring PPB which breaks every character, and Fl4k's Fade Away that will certainly be nerfed) the strongest character of the four. You can set her up for infinite ammo without too much trouble. Infinite grenades is an alternative build too, but has limitations on some fights...and you have to find a particular legendary grenade with the correct roll on it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I just got to Eden 6 and I have yet to find a sniper to replace the monocle legendary i got at level 15 or so. With 500% crit damage, it still one or two shots every normal mob with crits. My biggest gripe is that the cut scene dialogue lags behind the captions and the animations, but I think they did a great job with animations on the normal NPC dialogue. I also think they've done a great job getting me to really look forward to killing the twins in the same way i couldn't wait to kill Jack in BL2

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I found the reason my Lost Loot wasnt working, in case it plagues anyone else. Even though I played solo, having the loot mode set to Coopetition rather than Cooperation makes Lost Loot do nothing.

• 1Like

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
at that level purple is pretty much blue items. Legendaries is pretty much what you are aiming for at those levels.
i meant to say legendary. look at this shit. This is how fast they fucking drop. Tyreen is a bit longer, because of how her encounter works, but the pipe bomb nade is broken. I took this video earlier.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not ok with the loot changes either, because frankly I have no interest in playing the game for a month just to get some good shit. This is very much a "play for a week or two and move on" kind of game.

Many people put hundreds of hours into BL2.

Anyone playing on PS4?

I'm on PS4. Will probably play a good amount tonight and Sunday night.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How does level scaling work? For instance if I wanted to play Coop with you or someone else and you have already played a while?

I would be fresh out of the gate.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
For those playing on PC that were turned off by the inventory management like I was, there is a CheatEngine script out there that sets bank and inventory to "unlimited". This seems to perform better than other methods that increase the slot count since the game pre-renders empty slots and "unlimited" only creates a new slot when your inventory overflows.

Now I think I'll get back into this and try out the other characters.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't store anything you care about in the vault, I kind of doubt increasing the size with CheatEngine will stop the "oops, your vault is empty now" bug from happening.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Fair enough. One of the advantages to playing on PC;
1) Overfill a character inventory with most precious items
2) Backup the save file
3) Repopulate vault if it ever goes to shit

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
How does level scaling work? For instance if I wanted to play Coop with you or someone else and you have already played a while?

I would be fresh out of the gate.

On Cooperative, each individual sees the enemies scaled to their level, so if I'm ten and your 35, I see level ten guys, you see 35 and the game figures out how to scale the damage.

On Coopetition, the game is set to the level of the host. So if I am 50 and you are level 1, you see level 50 shit. This is how people power level.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Music can be subtle but fucking amazing sometimes.

The soundtrack is one of my favorite things about this one so far. It was ok in previous ones but wasn't amazing, but there was some moments when it went off in BL3 where I just stopped and enjoyed it.

• 1Solidarity