Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, he's a fucking moron and thinks he's a human. Him being retarded has been a perfectly good reason for a lot of his decisions and actions so far.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They seem to be making strong implications that it'll be BL3 for next gen, that the engine and art style would require tons of effort to make a PS4 version with very little noticeable gain.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Didn't the first BL take years development? With multiple scratched phases or re-development? I'm sure we won't be seeing BL3 on the new gen consoles for a while.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Of course BL3 will be on next gen. The dude in charge of Gearbox said they are not even thinking of making the game tho, at this moment because it needs to be done right. It's not even on their radar
frown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Didn't the first BL take years development? With multiple scratched phases or re-development? I'm sure we won't be seeing BL3 on the new gen consoles for a while.
Yea as Vin said, it's not even on the radar yet - but if-when they do next gen it's going to be BL3, they seem pretty clear that they don't intend to upscale BL2 or expansions to PS4/X1.

HUH_sl

shitlord
They would never talk about a current gen BL3 game when they're trying to get people to buy this game for PS3/360. Even if they were halfway through development for BL3 on ps4/xbone but we won't hear about it until this game has been milked for all it's worth.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They talked today at PAX about how they wanted the full budget of the presequel to go to content and not "learning how to draw triangles on new hardware". I do get the impression that Borderlands 3 will be next gen however.

And in typical Gearbox generosity everyone at the panel discussion today got a free copy of the presequel!

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
They would never talk about a current gen BL3 game when they're trying to get people to buy this game for PS3/360. Even if they were halfway through development for BL3 on ps4/xbone but we won't hear about it until this game has been milked for all it's worth.
This

Column_sl

shitlord
Wonder if they will have this for the PC, because the PC version of both BL games are way better and you can play them on the Rift.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah remember the alpha shots when it looks pretty much like every other 3d shooter on the planet then they released the updated shots with the cartoon style filters and everyone was saying this game is going to bomb hard