Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Skipped this series. Basically entirely ignored it until I read this thread since some of you are calling this one of the best series ever. Just started playing the first game goty version. Pretty fun so far. Playing with Roland/soldier.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh, I guess it qualifies since one of the best is a fairly broad statement, it's a pretty great game but I don't think it would be in my top 50, or maybe near the bottom. But definitely worth playing, especially since they're on sale on steam all the time with all the DLC for peanuts and there's a ton of cool content. They're best played in coop with friends though, but solo is still a good enough game in my opinion.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
1 and 2 are definitely in my top 10. Even if this one is only as good as the poorer BL2 dlc's, I'll still be happier to play it than just about anything else out there right now. Only thing I'm looking forward to more is Bloodborne, but that will require a new console

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Skipped this series. Basically entirely ignored it until I read this thread since some of you are calling this one of the best series ever. Just started playing the first game goty version. Pretty fun so far. Playing with Roland/soldier.
2 is even better than 1.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I still have some hope for this game as Anthony Burch is the lead writer
lol holy shit really? This is the guy that is such a beta that he pretended to become gay because his wife wanted to have sex with other people and he couldn't get any women to sleep with him. The guy who wrote this:In Defense of Arbitrary Diversity | HAWP. The guy that wrote memelands 2. This is what gives you hope? He's a sad shell of a human being that is probably going to kill himself or go transsexual within a few years.

Gearbox is a bad company and none of you should give them money.
rrr_img_78477.png

Anon-breaks-down-anthony-burch.png

rrr_img_78478.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
lol holy shit really? This is the guy that is such a beta that he pretended to become gay because his wife wanted to have sex with other people and he couldn't get any women to sleep with him.
Going only from that line I would guess he just cracked when he found that out about his wife. Not defending him or anything but if he was head over heels for her and she said that to him I could see it turning someone into an emotional rollercoaster.

/offtopic

Anyone else theory craft any builds they are thinking of playing? Here is what I am going to start with assuming "One for each of ya" is more then a cosmetic effect.
rrr_img_78524.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I was sucked into BL1 by my friends. Playing with them it quickly became one of my most played games on Steam. Same with BL2, but I found it to be a better game in many ways, most notably a better PC UI (not perfect, but better than BL1), great humour, and fun gameplay. I also find it quite challenging, but then again I'm shit with shooters.

There are some things I wouldn't mind changing, such as having the guns better defined (even if it means less than a "bazillion", and after having played a shit ton of co-op with randoms, then Diablo 3's private loot system (i.e. each person gets loot only they can pick up) would be pretty fucking sweet (as long as they allow trading though). Ninjas rustle my jimmies a lot.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
Going only from that line I would guess he just cracked when he found that out about his wife. Not defending him or anything but if he was head over heels for her and she said that to him I could see it turning someone into an emotional rollercoaster.

/offtopic

Anyone else theory craft any builds they are thinking of playing? Here is what I am going to start with assuming "One for each of ya" is more then a cosmetic effect.
rrr_img_78524.jpg
Im going with this for claptrap
eGi6HGC.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
But but... high fives!!

Borderlands is absolutely a game to be played with friends. It is entertaining on its own, but adding in buddies to the game plus voice chat increases the enjoyment exponentially.

Neph_sl

shitlord
lol holy shit really? This is the guy that is such a beta that he pretended to become gay because his wife wanted to have sex with other people and he couldn't get any women to sleep with him. The guy who wrote this:In Defense of Arbitrary Diversity | HAWP. The guy that wrote memelands 2. This is what gives you hope? He's a sad shell of a human being that is probably going to kill himself or go transsexual within a few years.

Gearbox is a bad company and none of you should give them money.
Gamergate issues aside, his work on Borderlands 2 and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep was fantastic.
Handsome Jack was extremely well written and his entire arc of using his daughter to gain power was really well done. Tiny Tina, while hilarious, was also really well framed as a coping mechanism for Tina after Jack murders Roland.
The Pre-Sequel is supposed to be about the fall of Handsome Jack and other BL2 villains. And story-wise, that sounds fantastic.

I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money and you can tell everyone how you think we should spend ours; Gearbox definitely had a big misstep with Alien Colonial Marines. But I'd rather judge a product based on their past products and not on my personal opinion of the creators. In this case, I'll take Anthony Burch's writing over his values.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Well, he's messed up enough that he's thinking of changing Tiny Tina because she promotes racism apparently. Dude has been going full retard on social media recently.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
She acts ghettoish or something really stupid. I didn't think that was actually serious and more of a way to fuckwithhis sister.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
BTW I got an email with a Shift code for BL Prequal

KKK3J-T66R5-BXC3T-JBJJ3-JSF9T

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, talk about being overly PC!

Anyway, back on subject:

It's called an illusion, Jack! Tricks are something Sirens do for Eridium! ...or cash!